Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Mar 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #946 of 982
Hi guys!

I got the Vsonic gr 07 mk2 today and out of the box I feel that the bass is very thin for me.
Maybe the bass get fat after burn in?

My main headphones: Sennheiser px100ii Sennheiser hd 650, so maybe this is the problem?

I dont know if to give it back or wait for burn in...

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #947 of 982
Quote:
Hi guys!

I got the Vsonic gr 07 mk2 today and out of the box I feel that the bass is very thin for me.

My main headphones: Sennheiser px100ii Sennheiser hd 650, so maybe this is the problem?

I don't have the mk2, so I will let someone else comment on the mk2 bass. But if they end up not working out for you, you may want to consider the be's (bass editions). I don't find the be's bass to be overwhelming or anything - in fact, they have less bass than some of my other iem's. But, their bass quantity is more than adequate, and their bass quality is stellar.

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #949 of 982
Quote:

Quote:
I don't have the mk2, so I will let someone else comment on the mk2 bass. But if they end up not working out for you, you may want to consider the be's (bass editions). I don't find the be's bass to be overwhelming or anything - in fact, they have less bass than some of my other iem's. But, their bass quantity is more than adequate, and their bass quality is stellar.

I didn't initially see your reference to the px100ii's. They have a bass emphasis and some mid-bass hump. So yeah, you are not going to get that quantity/type of bass out of the mk2's (or be's  for that matter). I am not familiar with the HD 650's however.

Edit: I'm glad that you mentioned the px100ii's, because it caused me to dust them off and throw them on my head (and hook them up to my Fiio E12 which I hadn't tried them with yet). Got a pretty big smile on my face right now :)

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #950 of 982
Quote:
Hi guys!

I wouldn't call it VERY thin, but it is thinner than the mk1 or the mk2 bass edition IMO.

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #951 of 982
Quote:

I didn't initially see your reference to the px100ii's. They have a bass emphasis and some mid-bass hump. So yeah, you are not going to get that quantity/type of bass out of the mk2's (or be's  for that matter). I am not familiar with the HD 650's however.

Edit: I'm glad that you mentioned the px100ii's, because it caused me to dust them off and throw them on my head (and hook them up to my Fiio E12 which I hadn't tried them with yet). Got a pretty big smile on my face right now :)

The px100ii is amazing! My first choice for public transport. I like it more than my Hd 650:)

Now to the Vsonic gr07 mkii

I burned in for about 12 hours. I'll wait around 100 hours to get the complete picture. The clarity is very good, very transparent headphone. Acoustic guitars, violins, cello, piano, sounds amazing (Funeral for a Friend - Your revolution is a joke) Marcin Wasilewski trio - Night Train to You is even amazing (jazz)

As I said before I miss some "weight" compared to the Px100ii, For example in the snare-drum. The sound is overall a bit metallic too. 

Maybe i need to wait... (hope)

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #952 of 982
The px100ii is amazing! My first choice for public transport. I like it more than my Hd 650:)

Now to the Vsonic gr07 mkii

I burned in for about 12 hours. I'll wait around 100 hours to get the complete picture. The clarity is very good, very transparent headphone. Acoustic guitars, violins, cello, piano, sounds amazing (Funeral for a Friend - Your revolution is a joke) Marcin Wasilewski trio - Night Train to You is even amazing (jazz)

As I said before I miss some "weight" compared to the Px100ii, For example in the snare-drum. The sound is overall a bit metallic too. 

Maybe i need to wait... (hope)
Lol just judging by the headphones you enjoy, you should have gotten the BE. Vocals and drums are awesome, while also adding that weight youre looking for, without it feel artificial or tubey.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #954 of 982
After 80 hours of burn in the treble is smooth but I can hear some sibilance. The bass is almost the same - quick controlled not much weight for my taste. I feel they are a little  fatiguing too.

So I tried to EQ with my Iphone and BOOM! I found what I was looking for: HIP HOP EQ profile
This profile adds all the bass weight I was looking for, maybe they are a little less transparent and I lost some clarity but I can say I am Happy this way. Now they sound like a ultra technical px-100ii. LOL

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #955 of 982
Can anyone else help me figure this out?  I have gone through many headphones throughout the past couple years and enjoying this hobby.  The GR07 is one of my better liked IEMs, but they always appear to make my ears ring.  I have own Shure SE215, TDK BA200, D2000, MDRV6 and a few other ones I can't think of.  But only the GR07 will cause it.  Now I know I can't listen to the GR07 Mk 1 or 2, but would like to know the root cause.  Only thing I can think of is the sub-bass.  It usually occurs after a few days.  

I have gone to the audiologist and they have no explanation.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #956 of 982
Can anyone else help me figure this out?  I have gone through many headphones throughout the past couple years and enjoying this hobby.  The GR07 is one of my better liked IEMs, but they always appear to make my ears ring.  I have own Shure SE215, TDK BA200, D2000, MDRV6 and a few other ones I can't think of.  But only the GR07 will cause it.  Now I know I can't listen to the GR07 Mk 1 or 2, but would like to know the root cause.  Only thing I can think of is the sub-bass.  It usually occurs after a few days.  

I have gone to the audiologist and they have no explanation.
to me, that just sounds like common listeners fatigue, especially if it disappears after a while.

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #957 of 982
Quote:
The bass is definitely not thin, especially compared to the Senns (which I own). See if you have a fit issue.

I felt the same way ,when I first got mine.
After changing the tips...to the Grey ones {might be comply tips-not sure},got better fit,& good strong bass

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #958 of 982
My GR07 MkII arrived yesterday. Right out of the box (no significant burn-in time yet), these sound fantastic to me. So far, the only real shortcoming I hear to these, in terms of sound signature is that the upper treble, say 12k and above, is a little laid-back to my ears. Nothing severe, not really rolled-off, just a bit laid-back. EQing the GR07 does help mostly, but I'd prefer to try and enhance the upper treble response acoustically, instead of electronically.

What tips would help out with increasing the upper treble presence? Among the stock tips, as well as aftermarket ones, that is.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #959 of 982
Go with a wider bore tip. I found the Jays silicone tips were excellent.

Mar 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #960 of 982
Speaking of wider bores, does anyone know if the actual genuine Sony Hybrids have wider bores than the fake Hybrids supplied with the  GR07? Or are they the same?

I live in India, and it's extremely difficult to source most of the wider bore tips here (immense international shipping costs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back