Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Mar 28, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #961 of 982
Originally Posted by DanielKRego /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of wider bores, does anyone know if the actual genuine Sony Hybrids have wider bores than the fake Hybrids supplied with the  GR07? Or are they the same?

I live in India, and it's extremely difficult to source most of the wider bore tips here (immense international shipping costs).

Having owned both the real & fake hybrid tips (and going off memory since this was quite some time ago), the bores width is the same between the two.  What I seem to remember is the real hybrid tips' flange material to be of better quality.  It's slightly thinner than the fake hybrid tips' material. .but it felt more comfortable and more 'authentic' in terms of texture.

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #962 of 982
Thanks, FlySweep. At the moment, the only aftermarket tips I have are the black silicon ones I pulled off the Sony headset that came with my Xperia SL phone. The bores are slightly wider, and I do perceive a more open upper treble. Unfortunately, I don't feel any of the three sizes that came with the headset fit me very well. So I'm trading off a bit of isolation (and maybe a bit of lower bass presence) for the better upper treble presence. Not the ideal situation.

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #963 of 982
Got my Vsonic GR07 MK2 today. Only the foam tips fit my ears properly. The rest of the stock tips and my Sony MH1c tips couldn't create a proper seal.

I'm very satisfied with the sound. I wanted a perfectly neutral monitor like my LFF Paradox headphones I got pretty much that. Theres only a bit of treble roll-off above 12KHz but that could be because of the foam tips. I'm ordering MEelectronics m6 tips to see if they will fit better.

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #966 of 982
Hi Guys

I am around 150 hours of burn-in and I am using the gr07 without EQ

There's one thing that makes me crazy

In This song of Marco Mengoni (the winner of Sanremo Italian festival) his voice is really harsh straight out of my Iphone 4 and Macbook Air. The song is almost unlistenable.

Do you hear the same?

Aug 15, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #968 of 982
=.= just got my GR07 MK2 and really disappointed now i guess its due to lack of burn in it sounds just like my previous skull candy titan =.=

100 hours burn in minimum, and I believe the manufacturers recommend 300 hours. They are actually quite harsh straight out of the box, but they are lovely once burned in.

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #969 of 982
HI, how comfortable is it? I love my DT770 but the headband is slowly destroying my head after a couple hours usage. I want to start in the world of IEM for the lightweight experience of not being compressed in the head. How comfortable are them? I want them to produce electronic music: IDM, dnb, etc, and also, for general usage: gaming, youtube, casual music listening and what not.

I also want to know how to make the cable longer, because im used to my 3,30m of the DT770 and this is only 1,30m.

The DAC i will be using is an NI AK1

Thanks

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #970 of 982
Another one here for comfort. How light are these per ear? can they be worn for 2 to 3 hrs at a time? I listen to articulate electronic music so they need bass but not any flab as its usually 130 - 150bpm.

Are these capable of projecting sound outside of the head?

thanks

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #971 of 982
Hi all just purchased the vsonics GR07 MK2 about 2 hours ago wont make a judgment on my thoughts of them yet. I find the lack of distinguishing the R from L to be an unbelievable oversight! except for the tiny black on black R&L markings. Have I missed something?
How do you owners distinguish L from R. Especially fitting them in anything but perfect lighting conditions. They should have some tactile mechanism like ribbing or something on one of them.
Any fix advice appreciated

Cheers

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #972 of 982
  Hi all just purchased the vsonics GR07 MK2 about 2 hours ago wont make a judgment on my thoughts of them yet. I find the lack of distinguishing the R from L to be an unbelievable oversight! except for the tiny black on black R&L markings. Have I missed something?
How do you owners distinguish L from R. Especially fitting them in anything but perfect lighting conditions. They should have some tactile mechanism like ribbing or something on one of them.
Any fix advice appreciated

Cheers

There's a little dot on the right side inside the housing, you can feel it with your finger.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #973 of 982
100 hours burn in minimum, and I believe the manufacturers recommend 300 hours. They are actually quite harsh straight out of the box, but they are lovely once burned in.

have been unable to locate any manufacturers recommendations or users guide. Can you tell me where you saw that information

Cheers

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #975 of 982
Joker's mini review on GR07 CE.....

http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-gr07-classic-plus-warning/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back