Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Mar 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #932 of 982
What about the mid and treble? Presence, tonality and detail in those regions?
The mids are very good, maybe just slightly recessed because of the bass. The treble is good, but I wish it could extend just a touch more, but the same goes for the GR07 MKII. Presence region is amazing, its almost 3D-like, tonality is good but the bass kind of drops it down in general because that's the boosted region of this IEM. Detail is good, its no Etymotic but the BE is more forgiving so thats definitely a good thing for portable use.

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #933 of 982
Thanks brunk. I was reading Rin's blog today (I've added the link at the bottom of this post) and saw that he finds different tips to yield some interesting changes in the GR07's high treble range.

I apologise that I'm pasting this in all the GR07 threads, but does anyone know which MEElectronics triple flange tips fit the GR07?

Rin's blog post shows the MEElectronics triple flanges to give the GR07 MkII a more extended treble and some better presence, which I think I'd like, but I can't figure out which ones would fit, because as per Joker's IEM review thread, the GR07's nozzle size is apparently 3.5mm, while the closest MEElectronics IEMs measure 3mm or 4mm. Which of the two sizes fit the GR07 best?

http://rinchoi.blogspot.in/2012/10/the-effect-of-ear-sleeves-vsonic-gr07.html

Mar 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #934 of 982
All right, got my answer in another thread. The ones that fit the MEElectronics M6 fit the GR07.

I posted this in the GR07 tips thread too, but since this thread is far more active, thought I'd ask here too.

I'm looking at Rin's measurements of the  GR07 MkII again, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with tips that might improve or reduce some of the deficiencies in the upper-mid to treble response.

Rin's measurements:

http://rinchoi.blogspot.in/2012/10/vsonic-gr07-mkii.html

Has anyone found any ear tips to significantly reduce some of the dips in the GR07s response in the upper mids -  lower treble? The 2k - 5k range seems to dip a little lower than I'd like (I'm hoping to get them to be as linear as the driver can get). Something to lessen this dip would be great.

Also, the GR07 gets a little too laid-back at the very upper reaches of the treble 15k and above, as per Rin's measurements. Have any tips shown themselves to let the driver's natural extension flow through a little better?

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #935 of 982
Bass edition is an upgraded version of the mk2 with better bass response ( sub bass,,depth,slam extension) while never making mids sound congested, because of the bass the mids sound more organic and natural with the warmth of a human vocal that the mk2 mid can't produce, high are equal in detail and extension without having sharp spikes that people speak of. I have all three gr07 varient and they all have 300hrs on each, I love both the mk2 and bass edition equally. :D

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #937 of 982
lol, those resonant spike and dips are going to be there no matter what, some tips help, but it's going to stay there. I can guarantee the same for the BE. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #939 of 982
Lend me ur ears is having a promotion for MK 2. I just ordered one today. For those who are interested.
Prices in USD
http://www.lendmeurears.com/index.php?currency=USD&cPath=15&sort=2a&page=2

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #940 of 982
I have the original GR07, with the sale, I am finally going to try the bass edition. Looking forward to it, and yes, I am well aware of the need for a long burn in.

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #941 of 982
Quote:
I have the original GR07, with the sale, I am finally going to try the bass edition. Looking forward to it, and yes, I am well aware of the need for a long burn in.

Same here,,put in an order for the bass edition.

I've looked ,but cant seem to find a review of the bass edition,or,anyone, who did a comparison review between the 2 versions
MkII & Bass

Anyone??

Mar 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #942 of 982
Quote:
Same here,,put in an order for the bass edition.

I've looked ,but cant seem to find a review of the bass edition,or,anyone, who did a comparison review between the 2 versions
MkII & Bass

Anyone??

Really initial impressions:

I've only listened to about 15 songs because I'm in the middle of exam hell fortnight.

I love what the added bass does to the mids. Instead of clouding them, like the standard bass heavy phones tend to do, it adds a very nice heft to it the sound that can be quite euphoric on some tracks. The best thing is that the mids always sound natural, and never boosted or artificial like that of the FXZ-100. 

From my short listening time, it really is a GR07 with a bass boost applied. It's nothing drastic at all. 

It's really easy to simulate the BE with your MKII if you own a Fiio E10 or similar. Just flip that bass boost switch, and you're good to go, minus the candy cane cable (which isn't that bad in person...it might still get you teased though if you're guy).

IMO, the GR07 BE is the perfect solution for those who want something like the FXZ's low end, but more controlled and extended. Add in better speed, clarity, and high extension, and you've got the BE.

I'll do a full write up of the MKII vs the BE this weekend and add it to my main GR07 review that's in my sig. I'll cross post it here too.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #944 of 982
Just got my bass edition MKIIs.   I now have the MKI (.2) , MKII, and MKII B.E.  They sound pretty much like I expected .... an MKII with emphasized bass ---- which it seemed to need.  In going from MKI -> MKII, to get those crispy highs, I think bass was sacrificed.  I still like the originals the best.   My order of preference :

1.  MKI (.2)
2. MKII Bass Edition
3. MKII

In fact I think I'll be selling my very lightly used MKIIs, if anyone is interested......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back