USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 8, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #3,331 of 6,156
2) It doesn't change anything, it just sends audio using the 'Direct' mode of the device. How that is configured depends on the device and cannot be influenced
What about audiosciencereviews? Amirm measured LG G7 on stock music player:
10407965_thumb.png

And with UAPP:
10407966_thumb.png

Then looked for specified setting and it seems that MQA setting worked:
10407967_thumb.png

Without this setting, output was much worse than with stock app. LG V20 has same DAC but without MQA mode so should I expect worse sound quality when using UAPP than stock music player?

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Uapp.png
    Uapp.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • LG G7 ThinQ USB Audio Player Pro Dashboard Audio Measurement.png
    LG G7 ThinQ USB Audio Player Pro Dashboard Audio Measurement.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #3,332 of 6,156
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #3,333 of 6,156
Jan 12, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #3,334 of 6,156
Hi, the free trial link listed in the OP post is no longer working. I want to test if I can get MQA by running Tidal android app on my laptop using Bluestacks emulator and output to Pro-ject Prebox S2D. Hoping that this way I can get Tidal offline mode for my laptop as my home internet is slow and unreliable for MQA streaming.

You can find the latest trial on the extreamsd.com website. However, the trial does not feature the MQA decoder, neither will bit-perfect playback work with Bluestack (if at all).

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #3,335 of 6,156
@Davy Wentzler After the latest update (5.3.6) .. the list while browsing UPNP/DLNA seems to truncate and not showing all items in Artist/ Album and Genre

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #3,338 of 6,156
PSA for Pixel 3 users: I found out [Bus speed (Android 7+)] settings need to be put to [High Speed(USB2.0)] instead of [Automatic] when using USB dongles. Or else I gets strange problems like; UAPP hanging, auto-quittting, error playback or cannot perform second unfold on MQA-certified dongles. All the problems went away after the bus speed setting change.

EDIT:
Davy's response: The setting is not related to the Android device, but the specific DAC, so it cannot generally be recommended.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #3,339 of 6,156
Hey guys, sorry that's not that Hifi.

But I've bought a Samsung dongle to compare it against the Apple dongle and while the Apple works really good on UAPP the Samsung is freezing whenever I click on "play". Is it a the driver problem with this dongle?
The Samsung dongle works really well on HiBy Music app when I force the hardware volume but then I can't use Tidal or any cool feature.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #3,341 of 6,156
PSA for Pixel 3 users: I found out [Bus speed (Android 7+)] settings need to be put to [High Speed(USB2.0)] instead of [Automatic] when using USB dongles. Or else I gets strange problems like; UAPP hanging, auto-quittting, error playback or cannot perform second unfold on MQA-certified dongles. All the problems went away after the bus speed setting change.

The setting is not related to the Android device, but the specific DAC, so it cannot generally be recommended. Can you send me an email to info AT extreamsd.com so I can have a look at why the automatic setting is not correct?

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #3,342 of 6,156
Hey guys, sorry that's not that Hifi.

But I've bought a Samsung dongle to compare it against the Apple dongle and while the Apple works really good on UAPP the Samsung is freezing whenever I click on "play". Is it a the driver problem with this dongle?
The Samsung dongle works really well on HiBy Music app when I force the hardware volume but then I can't use Tidal or any cool feature.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Please contact support at info AT extreamsd.com

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #3,343 of 6,156
The setting is not related to the Android device, but the specific DAC, so it cannot generally be recommended. Can you send me an email to info AT extreamsd.com so I can have a look at why the automatic setting is not correct?
Emailed.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #3,344 of 6,156
Hi guys,
Just saw an update implemented the other day and I glimpsed in the list of updates that the widget was modified. Well now I can't seem to open up the app via the widget... None of the playback controls work on it either. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using an LG V40.

Jan 18, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #3,345 of 6,156
Hi @Davy Wentzler. Since the last update (or could be the one before), whenever I start playing a new album on my HiBy R6 Pro with UAPP, the first second or so of the song is skipped. The remaining songs play fine, it's just the first time I hit play, as if there's a mute function enabled for some reason. I generally play from the library via Album Artist. Doesn't seem to be a problem on Tidal. Please can you check it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back