USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 18, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #3,346 of 6,180
Hi @Davy Wentzler. Since the last update (or could be the one before), whenever I start playing a new album on my HiBy R6 Pro with UAPP, the first second or so of the song is skipped. The remaining songs play fine, it's just the first time I hit play, as if there's a mute function enabled for some reason. I generally play from the library via Album Artist. Doesn't seem to be a problem on Tidal. Please can you check it out?
What files are you playing? Probably it's the buffering. It happens to me when I play flac files out of the microsd card. I got used to it during my chord mojo days so it doesn't bother me :)

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #3,347 of 6,180
What files are you playing? Probably it's the buffering. It happens to me when I play flac files out of the microsd card. I got used to it during my chord mojo days so it doesn't bother me :)
Yes, flacs from an SD, but it never did this until very recently, so I assumed it was something to do with one of the recent updates. Is there a setting that can affect this behaviour?

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #3,348 of 6,180
is it essential to install uapp in astell&kern machines (e.g. sp1000, sp2000, kann cube)? i have found that my tidal apk is limited to 192kHz when audio output from my sp1000 usb to my hugo2.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #3,349 of 6,180
Hi @Davy Wentzler. Since the last update (or could be the one before), whenever I start playing a new album on my HiBy R6 Pro with UAPP, the first second or so of the song is skipped. The remaining songs play fine, it's just the first time I hit play, as if there's a mute function enabled for some reason. I generally play from the library via Album Artist. Doesn't seem to be a problem on Tidal. Please can you check it out?

There haven't been any changes to this part of the app for more than a half year probably. The app does not fade in when you start playback at the start of a track. Some devices/DACs have a 'power up' time though which can fade in the audio.

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #3,350 of 6,180
There haven't been any changes to this part of the app for more than a half year probably. The app does not fade in when you start playback at the start of a track. Some devices/DACs have a 'power up' time though which can fade in the audio.
I noticed the same when playing mp3 files also. It fills the buffer for like 0.5-0.7s and then starts playing normally. Happens both when changing files and when seeking.
I'll try and grab a screenshot if I'm fast enough. Increasing the buffer to 600ms doesn't help either. Maybe implementing a full file (not decoded) memory playback will help?

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #3,351 of 6,180
I noticed the same when playing mp3 files also. It fills the buffer for like 0.5-0.7s and then starts playing normally. Happens both when changing files and when seeking.
I'll try and grab a screenshot if I'm fast enough. Increasing the buffer to 600ms doesn't help either. Maybe implementing a full file (not decoded) memory playback will help?

As I said, the app does not fade in itself at a start of a track so it has nothing to do with having files in memory.

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #3,352 of 6,180
As I said, the app does not fade in itself at a start of a track so it has nothing to do with having files in memory.
It's not a fade in that I'm hearing. It's missing 1-2 seconds at the start of the first track on playback of a new album. Imagine a track with 5 guitar plucks as an intro; I start hearing it on pluck 3, at full volume. This is not when starting the DAP from cold. It's fully powered, library has been browsed, album selected, hit play - bam. Not a biggie, just want to know why.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #3,353 of 6,180
It's not a fade in that I'm hearing. It's missing 1-2 seconds at the start of the first track on playback of a new album. Imagine a track with 5 guitar plucks as an intro; I start hearing it on pluck 3, at full volume. This is not when starting the DAP from cold. It's fully powered, library has been browsed, album selected, hit play - bam. Not a biggie, just want to know why.

The power state of the DAC has nothing to do with the power state of the whole DAP. Do you perhaps have 'Free USB bandwidth after playback' selected in the tweaks?

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #3,354 of 6,180
No no I'm not saying that it fades. In my case it just buffers everytime I move the playback slider or when I change track. It doesn't bother me so no worries :)
The memory playback was just a suggestion for maybe playing files from a slow microsd.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #3,360 of 6,180
Occasionally when streaming Qobuz from within UAPP the audio will pause. This might be a network buffering issue. With the main Qobuz app I side step this problem by importing albums to offline storage prior to playing them.

I know offline downloading is not possible with UAPP but is there any app or Android system settings that I can tweak to optimize the UAPP for Qobuz?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back