USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 6, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #3,318 of 6,159
I have a pair of Dali io6 headphones, which have a built in 24/96 DAC. When I connect them to my (Samsung S9) phone via an (Audioquest) OTG cable and play music from UAPP, I get an error and unfortunately no music playback. Is there anyone on this forum who has the same headphone and knows how to make this work? I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #3,319 of 6,159
I have a pair of Dali io6 headphones, which have a built in 24/96 DAC. When I connect them to my (Samsung S9) phone via an (Audioquest) OTG cable and play music from UAPP, I get an error and unfortunately no music playback. Is there anyone on this forum who has the same headphone and knows how to make this work? I would really appreciate it.

Which error do you get exactly?

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #3,320 of 6,159
Hello,
I'm new to the thread. I have a question.. I have a DX220 [updated to the latest iBasso software] with Amp9 and just recently installed UAPP. had several issues at first, but after uninstalling UAPP, clearing the cache, and reinstalled it, UAPP is working now in the DX220. however, found out after a few hours using it that whenever i play sequential tracks with different file types, there is NO SOUND OUTPUT AFTER a DSD file is played. for example, when i queue FLAC > MQA > WAV > MQA > FLAC > DSD > FLAC, the files play only until the DSD file. once the DSD ends, the next FLAC track plays [the slider moves], but there is no sound output anymore, even when playing succeeding tracks. i have to restart the DX220 in order for me to listen to music, after which, when a DSD file ends playing, the problem is reproduced. Why is this?
thank you in advance.

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #3,322 of 6,159
@Davy Wentzler

I purchased USB Audio Player Pro and I have few questions regarding this

1. Regarding Internal HiRes Audio Driver option, do we need to root the phone? or will it work without root? This is for Oneplus 6 which is mentioned in the website
2. If I choose Internal HiRes Audio Driveroption, does it change all audio parameters apart from DAC? I mean THD, IMD, Dynamic Range etc. Because Qualcomm advertises superior measurements for their DAC (wcd9340, wcd9341 etc) but often the end results are screwed up due to manufacturer's firmware or other factors
3. Is it possible to integrate Apple Music into this UAPP? I can see that they have their APIs available
4. In extream website, for Galaxy s8,9,10 it says "Even Samsung Music resamples DSD to 192000Hz". Does it mean even Samsung Music is not using internal hires DAC?

Appreciate your response

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #3,323 of 6,159
@Davy Wentzler

I purchased USB Audio Player Pro and I have few questions regarding this

1. Regarding Internal HiRes Audio Driver option, do we need to root the phone? or will it work without root? This is for Oneplus 6 which is mentioned in the website
2. If I choose Internal HiRes Audio Driveroption, does it change all audio parameters apart from DAC? I mean THD, IMD, Dynamic Range etc. Because Qualcomm advertises superior measurements for their DAC (wcd9340, wcd9341 etc) but often the end results are screwed up due to manufacturer's firmware or other factors
3. Is it possible to integrate Apple Music into this UAPP? I can see that they have their APIs available
4. In extream website, for Galaxy s8,9,10 it says "Even Samsung Music resamples DSD to 192000Hz". Does it mean even Samsung Music is not using internal hires DAC?

Appreciate your response

1) No
2) It doesn't change anything, it just sends audio using the 'Direct' mode of the device. How that is configured depends on the device and cannot be influenced
3) By the looks of it, you cannot access the actual audio data, so that would be a no
4) Both use the internal HiRes DAC, but the system upsamples to 192000 or 384000Hz

Jan 7, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #3,326 of 6,159
1) No
2) It doesn't change anything, it just sends audio using the 'Direct' mode of the device. How that is configured depends on the device and cannot be influenced
3) By the looks of it, you cannot access the actual audio data, so that would be a no
4) Both use the internal HiRes DAC, but the system upsamples to 192000 or 384000Hz

Thanks for your response. This is Informative. Just one more question

Is it possible to include option to play songs from cloud storage like onedrive or google drive? Similar to DoubleTwist Cloud Player

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #3,328 of 6,159
Hi @Davy Wentzler. Pleas help. I'm trying to add my Mac mini (music server) as a network drive in UAPP. Using the SMB address (as shown on my mini), correct user name and password, and yet when I try connect, I get the error: Network Failure: unknown username or bad password. Any ideas?

Jan 7, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #3,329 of 6,159
Hi @Davy Wentzler. Pleas help. I'm trying to add my Mac mini (music server) as a network drive in UAPP. Using the SMB address (as shown on my mini), correct user name and password, and yet when I try connect, I get the error: Network Failure: unknown username or bad password. Any ideas?

Perhaps it's because UAPP only supports SMB v1 at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back