USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #3,286 of 6,159
Hi @Davy Wentzler:
Just want to say a big thank you for the bluetooth implementation in UAPP. It has made my rather flat-sounding Bragi wireless devices noticeably more dynamic when connecting via UAPP/BT(aac) . It was an unexpected bonus as I originally intended to use UAPP only on corded devices. It's still not a patch on good corded sound but the Bragis sound quite a bit nicer with UAPP feeding BT. Thanks.

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #3,287 of 6,159
Wondering if someone can help me, I love this app and normally use it for hires. Flac files, but when I play. iso files, the app plays the tracks continuously, with no gaps at all. Skipping to the next track also cuts off the first half second or so of the track. Any way around these issues?

Thanks

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #3,288 of 6,159
Wondering if someone can help me, I love this app and normally use it for hires. Flac files, but when I play. iso files, the app plays the tracks continuously, with no gaps at all. Skipping to the next track also cuts off the first half second or so of the track. Any way around these issues?

Thanks

Gapless is a feature. If the first half second is cut off when playing DSD, it depends on which DAC you use. If you use a USB DAC that supports DoP or native DSD, then the app cannot fade it in, so your DAC probably fades in. So please tell us which DAC you use.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #3,289 of 6,159
Gapless is a feature. If the first half second is cut off when playing DSD, it depends on which DAC you use. If you use a USB DAC that supports DoP or native DSD, then the app cannot fade it in, so your DAC probably fades in. So please tell us which DAC you use.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using an lgv30, plugged in to take advantage of the internal quad DAC. I did have an ifi xdsd USB DAC but found I preferred the sound from the lgv30 dac. I looked for the gap less playback option in uapp but there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off when playing the iso files.

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #3,290 of 6,159
Thanks for the reply. I'm using an lgv30, plugged in to take advantage of the internal quad DAC. I did have an ifi xdsd USB DAC but found I preferred the sound from the lgv30 dac. I looked for the gap less playback option in uapp but there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off when playing the iso files.

No, since there is nobody who would want to turn it off. :)

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #3,291 of 6,159
Anyone else have an issue with UAPP not quitting properly and handing back the USB DAC to Android? I'm running Android 9. I commonly use UAPP as a workaround for the apple dongle volume issue. I have it set to launch uapp on plug in, which then automatically sets hardware volume to max, and then I quit uapp from the notification tray to hand back apple dongle with full volume range to Android so I can listen to Spotify. Lately however this has not been working. UAPP closes but the notification stays and audio playback is not handed back. I have to force quit to make the notification go away, and audio still doesn't work through the dongle until I unplug it and plug it in again.

Edit: appears to be intermittent for some reason. I just had it work once.

Edit 2: figured it out. It was scanning my DAP SD card since I had put that in my phone recently and I forgot to clear the database after doing so. Cleared app data and didn't scan library and it works now.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #3,294 of 6,159
Does uapp support the Sony Xperia XZ1 compact?

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #3,298 of 6,159
I have the G8441. Used UAPP+MQA briefly on it (less than 3 hours). Listened in tidal mode via 3.5mm socket as well as bit-perfect USB DAC. It worked fine.
Thanks

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #3,299 of 6,159
Hello Davy,

Latest versions on Windows have minimum requirement for some USB connected Drives Shares for SMB v2 or higher. Now for these shared drives with my Hi-Res content, I can no longer mount. Setting allow CIFS 1.0 in the windows features list doesnt work any longer (for these USB drive shares). I have verified that various file explorers work fine as long as SMB v2 or higher is selected.

Can you begin to support SMB v2 in the app? This is a key requirement for me as I like to enjoy my local DSD files which are all too big to load locally, as well as other Hi-Res content I have.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #3,300 of 6,159
@Davy Wentzler

Just bought the latest FIIO BTR5 DAC/BT and struggling to get it to work properly with UAPP with tracks above 24/96. They become glitchy and increasing the buffer size has not helped eliminate the issue.

I’m connecting the DAC via USBC to cable to LG v30 mobile. It works fine connected to a windows PC up to 384/DSD256.
Not sure what else I can try to get smooth playback with HiRes tracks.
Any suggestions ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back