USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 28, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #6,016 of 6,161
I have an issue using tidal on Ibasso dx170, tracks are randomly moving on to the next one, sometimes after about 30 secs, sometimes after a couple of minutes….sometimes not at all. Any advice appreciated
Anyone with any advice for this issue would be appreciated.....still happening, Wifi signal seems fine, changed buffer size, sometimes track just stutters before the device just switching off and resetting

Nov 28, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #6,017 of 6,161
Anyone with any advice for this issue would be appreciated.....still happening, Wifi signal seems fine, changed buffer size, sometimes track just stutters before the device just switching off and resetting
did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #6,019 of 6,161
Hey all. I wanted to ask if mconnect is still the only / preferred method to control a DAP running UAPP via a phone or iPad? Or is there something newer and slicker available?

Also, a potentially silly question - if I’m using the DAP as UPnP renderer, playing files on the DAP, and also set the DAP as “play to” on mconnect, will it play back the materially locally? That is, not being sent DAP to phone to DAP.

Nov 29, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #6,020 of 6,161
Try BubbleUPnP

Nov 29, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #6,022 of 6,161
Sorry. try JPlay.

Nov 30, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #6,023 of 6,161
EDIT 2: Heard back from Davy W., and he did find & fix the issue. An update will be released soon.

EDIT: I did send an email about this issue to Davy W., and he asked for a copy of a file that UAPP will no longer play. Since the files are so large (smallest one is 266MiB), I had to setup a secure shared folder on my Google Drive, that only he (and I) can access, and upload the file. I haven't heard back about whether he found something specific that is keeping UAPP from playing it - while Eddict Player, FiiO Music, HiByMusic, Neutron Player, & VLC will all play the track on my phone.

Has anyone else noticed a regression in v7.0.0.2, where some local files won't play any longer (this is on my LG V35)?
I have a folder of audio tracks that were downloaded from YouTube, and converted to mp3 format.
They're different types of (mostly) low frequency droning or "sleep" sounds, that use to isolate / mask outside sounds while sleeping.

One that I use regularly is a Brown Noise track - which was converted to 44.1KHz/131Kbit/s. I listened to it on Tuesday night - and UAPP updated at Lunch on Wednesday. Then that track (along with others, mostly 44.1KHz types) is just skipped in the folder, and a different track begins playing. The tracks that were converted to 48KHz mostly seem to play OK.

I have verified that the Brown Noise track does play in other music players on my phone - as well as playing in UAPP (v7.0.0.2) on my HiBy RS6 DAP.
UAPP on my phone does play 44.1KHz flac CD rips, as well as downloaded Hi-Rez (192KHz) flac tracks.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #6,025 of 6,161
I bought the new feature pack, dont really need it, but just wanted to show my support.
What's that consist of? I've not looked and not close to my device with it installed

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #6,026 of 6,161
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I would like to know if you can see somewhere in the UAPP application which bluetooth codec it is connected to. I have a Hugo 2 that supports ATPX and I want to know if UAPP is connected through APTX (good quality) or A2DP (quite mediocre quality). I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 as a source. With the Poweramp, which I use regularly, this is perfectly indicated when playing any song.

Any way to know if you are connecting to the Hugo 2 via APTX codec?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #6,027 of 6,161
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I would like to know if you can see somewhere in the UAPP application which bluetooth codec it is connected to. I have a Hugo 2 that supports ATPX and I want to know if UAPP is connected through APTX (good quality) or A2DP (quite mediocre quality). I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 as a source. With the Poweramp, which I use regularly, this is perfectly indicated when playing any song.

Any way to know if you are connecting to the Hugo 2 via APTX codec?

Thanks in advance.
I use an android phone, cheap Xiaomi, not a Samsung, but in the settings of the phone I can specify the Bluetooth codec to use. It's in the developer settings, I think.

Would that be a solution for you?

Not sure you can do this within uapp.

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #6,028 of 6,161
In the bluetooth options of the Samsung mobile I have APTX activated, but despite this, when I play music through Neutron Player it tells me that it is connecting through Bluetooth A2DP (as if it did not recognize that APTX is activated in Bluetooth options). Instead, when Poweramp plays any song, it tells me if the application itself is using APTX.

In these two screenshots you can clearly see:

POWEAMP

Screenshot_Poweramp.png

NEUTRON PLAYER

Screenshot_Neutron_Player.png

Is there an option that allows me to know/show if UAPP is using the APTX codec? (I have it activated on my mobile)

Screenshot_Ajustes.png

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #6,029 of 6,161
Dec 5, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #6,030 of 6,161
In the bluetooth options of the Samsung mobile I have APTX activated, but despite this, when I play music through Neutron Player it tells me that it is connecting through Bluetooth A2DP (as if it did not recognize that APTX is activated in Bluetooth options). Instead, when Poweramp plays any song, it tells me if the application itself is using APTX.

In these two screenshots you can clearly see:

POWEAMP

Screenshot_Poweramp.png

NEUTRON PLAYER

Screenshot_Neutron_Player.png

Is there an option that allows me to know/show if UAPP is using the APTX codec? (I have it activated on my mobile)

Screenshot_Ajustes.png
A2DP is a profile that defines commands and controls, it is not a codec and makes no reference to transmission quality, AptX is instead a codec that works under the A2DP profile. Neutron is viewing the profile while PowerAmp is viewing the codec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back