USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 22, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #6,001 of 6,195
EDIT 11/24/23:

**Davy provided me with a solution that has fixed my issue - I'm sure it will be implemented in future releases. Thank you!**

Same issue in the beta version where if you have a large music library, the program will completely freeze up when scrolling through the tracks of an album. The program is unusable for me. Issue is well known, and has never been fixed.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #6,002 of 6,195
Yeah, hoping ver. 7 will be coming this Anniv.

Nov 25, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #6,004 of 6,195
Not available for now here in France :frowning2:

But given the problems I experienced with latest beta, I do not think this will solve those problems.

I'd like to say that my problems are probably due to my hardware (renderer probably not dlna buffer friendly) so uapp is not the culprit

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #6,005 of 6,195
Looks like v7.0.0.1 is here with my latest Playstore update. No mention of beta in mine. The phone I downloaded the update to is an LG V60 with Android 13.

My Bad.. :sweat_smile: :thumbsup: Didn't know it's (v7.0.0.1) in my phone already...

Edit: In my case still streams DSD to PCM via UPnP. Using S23 Ultra.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #6,006 of 6,195
Something wrong with notification shade widget?

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #6,009 of 6,195
I've cheated on USBAPP this week and spent some time with Plexamp.

I really prefer the sound of USBAPP, but one thing I did notice is how nice Plexamp looks on the "Now Playing" screen - it might be the fact that the background colour is more muted. I'd love a more subtle colour option, any chance of that? (I know, it's just cosmetic, and the sound is more important, but...you know...)
I know I might be the only person who cares about this...

I did notice that when switching between the main "now playing" view and a different view, say, the album browser or the list of queued up tracks, the background colour does mute somewhat - it's a much nicer tone to my eyes when it's muted. It's interesting that the app already does the computation (calculation?) for the muted, more subtle tone, might mean including it as an option for the "now playing" screen isn't a massive amount of work?

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #6,010 of 6,195
How does the auto-scan of the library work? I've added new albums and they are not showing up at all. I've got a FiiO M11 with dual SD cards - is there a way for UAPP to scan both cards at startup?

Thanks!

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #6,011 of 6,195
"FiiO M11 with dual SD cards"

I have the same. There is a setting to scan at startup & it works flawlessly. You need to specify what folders are to be scanned. I scan folders on sd1 (2tb), sd2(2tb) & internal storage.

go to library view, select "scan" then "scan manually" & include all your locations.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #6,013 of 6,195
no problem. correction, my sd cards are 1 tb each :)

I tend not to use the library view at all, as it is sluggish. I just navigate via the folder view.

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #6,015 of 6,195
Same setup as me!

So you do a manual scan each time you start UAPP?
No, unless I have added or removed alot of music.. multiple hundreds of mbs. I turn the unit off when not in use, so it will scan in the background at startup again.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back