USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #4,397 of 6,161
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #4,398 of 6,161
Hello everyone.
I disturb you with a question (maybe a silly question). I use UAPP on a Fiio M11 Pro with the last firmware and Tidal Premium. I can’t decode the MQA in Tidal (I don’t see the green or blue light dot).
I have read about the MQA add-on but I didn’t find anywhere. Where can I find and purchase this add-on?
Thanks in advance. Best regards.

Jan 9, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #4,399 of 6,161
Hello everyone.
I disturb you with a question (maybe a silly question). I use UAPP on a Fiio M11 Pro with the last firmware and Tidal Premium. I can’t decode the MQA in Tidal (I don’t see the green or blue light dot).
I have read about the MQA add-on but I didn’t find anywhere. Where can I find and purchase this add-on?
Thanks in advance. Best regards.

The M11 Pro supports MQA natively, the UAPP add-on is not needed. You should see the MQA symbol and the original bitrate in the status bar. UAPP will not show the blue/green dot because it is not doing the decode.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #4,400 of 6,161
Rookie user here, I've looked through the post but could not find, or understand, if the answer was there so apologies if this has been asked.

I have a LG V40, I have Tidal HiFi, I see when I play a MQA track that direct says 176.4kHz but file says 44.1kHz.

Am I doing something wrong? Should they match or is this a limitation of my hardware?

Many thanks.

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #4,401 of 6,161
The developer said at this issue:

Please also note that UAPP makes an educated guess to what sample rate the LG will be playing, since there is no way to query the actual sample rate after MQA decoding and rendering.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #4,402 of 6,161
I tried this app just out of curiosity.
Everything seems to work fine when I connect my Samsung Galaxy S10 to my Mayflower Electronics ARC using an USB-C to USB-B cable. But...
After 30 minutes or so (have not exactly timed it) the sound starts to stutter. A simple press on the power button my phone so that the lock screen comes up solves it... for 30 minutes or so and then the same thing.

This doesn't happen when I use some USB-C earbuds and let UAPP use the DAC inside those buds.

I've tried some options but it hard to trouble shoot as I need to wait at least 30 minutes everytime to know if it helps or not.

Anyone any idea(s) what options/settings I should be looking at?

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #4,403 of 6,161
I tried this app just out of curiosity.
Everything seems to work fine when I connect my Samsung Galaxy S10 to my Mayflower Electronics ARC using an USB-C to USB-B cable. But...
After 30 minutes or so (have not exactly timed it) the sound starts to stutter. A simple press on the power button my phone so that the lock screen comes up solves it... for 30 minutes or so and then the same thing.

This doesn't happen when I use some USB-C earbuds and let UAPP use the DAC inside those buds.

I've tried some options but it hard to trouble shoot as I need to wait at least 30 minutes everytime to know if it helps or not.

Anyone any idea(s) what options/settings I should be looking at?

Power Saving?

On my LG V30, I've got power saving on, but I exclude UAPP from it. Can you do something similar with the S10?

Jan 24, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #4,404 of 6,161
I haven't used UAPP for a while, and no settings were changed.
Suddenly I have following problem:
Plaxback stops exactly after three tracks.
I manually need to click the fourth track and playback will resume again, but only another three tracks and then it will stop again.
It will continue in such manner until the end of the record has been reached.
Do I need to change a setting, please advise?

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #4,405 of 6,161
Hello. I am a novice user. I am using UAPP on a Samsung Galaxy S10 connected to a Chord Mojo DAC. 44.1kHz/16bit FLAC tracks stored locally on my phone play with no problems. However I get glitches when playing MQA tracks on Tidal. I have the MQA add-on and get the green MQA light. On top of the glitches, I am also convinced that the sound quality in general of the high-res MQA tracks is worse than the 44.1kHz/16bit FLAC files.

I don't get any glitches if I play the same tracks directly from the Tidal app rather than through UAPP.

Any advice on what the issue might be?

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #4,406 of 6,161
Hi, thinking of buying the app. I'm waiting on delivery of iBasso DC03 DAC. Will this app work fine with it - bypass android drivers(?) or whatever is needed?

I'm running A10 ROG phone II, if that matters...

Thanks

Also, how the hell do I find out if my kernel supports isochronous USB transfers? I'm can quite easily flash a custom kernel, but the there's only one available for my device currently. I've messaged the dev to find out if his kernel supports it. If not, is there any way to check my current kernel? I have root access... Cheers
How was your experience on the ibasso dc03 so far?

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #4,407 of 6,161
Power Saving?

On my LG V30, I've got power saving on, but I exclude UAPP from it. Can you do something similar with the S10?
I put the app on the list to be excluded from any power saving measures. Let's see how that goes.
Wouldn't explain why the power saving doesn't kick in when using some random USB-C earbuds with build in DAC though I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back