USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 29, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #4,366 of 6,159
Hi! have a problem when UAPP changes from MQA -> Regular quality. Sounds start to crackle, like the file is playing in pieces.. every time i have to turn my USB DAC off and on again to be normal again, next MQA song and same problem happens.. Any ideas? Thanks!

Ps.: Tidal.

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #4,367 of 6,159
Hi! have a problem when UAPP changes from MQA -> Regular quality. Sounds start to crackle, like the file is playing in pieces.. every time i have to turn my USB DAC off and on again to be normal again, next MQA song and same problem happens.. Any ideas? Thanks!

Nothing to add really except to say I have the same problem with mine.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #4,369 of 6,159
I have a problem with UAPP - it's installed on my Galaxy S4 tablet, and won't play high-res 24/96 FLAC music files I just downloaded from Acoustic Sounds. In fact, then in order to make it work at all I have to turn UAPP off and reset it in order to play the ordinary 16/44 CD music files I already have in my library.

Does anyone have some ideas?

Dec 31, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #4,370 of 6,159
Sorry if this was already asked a dozen times on the thread but I couldn't find the information: what exactly happens when you activate lossless quality on Tidal/UAPP and play the files through a non-MQA compatible DAC? Are the Master files still played at a conventional 44khz bitrate as suggested below? I don't care so much about the MQA encoding but I'm interested to observe the difference in terms of mastering versus the typical CD quality.
Screenshot_20201231-141910.png

Dec 31, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #4,371 of 6,159
Sorry if this was already asked a dozen times on the thread but I couldn't find the information: what exactly happens when you activate lossless quality on Tidal/UAPP and play the files through a non-MQA compatible DAC? Are the Master files still played at a conventional 44khz bitrate as suggested below? I don't care so much about the MQA encoding but I'm interested to observe the difference in terms of mastering versus the typical CD quality.
Yes they are played at CD quality (16/44.1, the “Hifi” setting”).

Dec 31, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #4,372 of 6,159

You'll still get 'Hi-Res' as 24-bit is Hi-Res music. You should get the first unfold to 88.2kHz or 96kHz sample rate if you are using the MQA plug-in for UAPP - (I'm not sure if it's required with the latest version of UAPP). This should apply to any external USB DAC that you are using, even if it's a non-MQA DAC.

Dec 31, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #4,373 of 6,159
You'll still get 'Hi-Res' as 24-bit is Hi-Res music. You should get the first unfold to 88.2kHz or 96kHz sample rate if you are using the MQA plug-in for UAPP - (I'm not sure if it's required with the latest version of UAPP). This should apply to any external USB DAC that you are using, even if it's a non-MQA DAC.
Right, I saw that option in UAPP, I wasn't sure if I needed to buy it, thanks!

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #4,374 of 6,159

Similar problem, when i turn ON the MQA toggle in my LG V30 the first song sounds good but the next one and others start crackling a lot. I must to turn the MQA toggle OFF to get the crackles out but i lost the MQA compatibility. I asked several times in this topic but never got an anser.

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #4,375 of 6,159
First of all Happy New Year Guyz!

Sorry I have mostly FLAC, DSD, DXD(WAV) and some MP3s (old library). So not much of help :sweat_smile:.

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #4,376 of 6,159
Having an issue but not sure if it's due to UAPP or something else in my chain. Currently I'm doing the following:

plex server (advertised as DLNA) -> UAPP (on samsung s8) -> USB -> RME ADI 2 DAC

Everything works great and things seem to be bit-perfect. To that end, RME publishes "bit test" .wav files to confirm bit-perfect status, and UAPP seems to be doing things correctly when I play the files directly from the samsung. If, however, I put the bit test files on my plex server and stream them via DLNA -> UAPP; UAPP throws the following:

"Error: USB set-up failed!"

Again, everything else seems to work perfectly. In fact, I can play the files over my DLNA server through my phone (USB detached) with no error. The error only occurs when UAPP is feeding the RME DAC. Anyone have experience playing .wav files over DLNA from plex? I'm not sure if this is a UAPP issue, a plex issue, or an RME issue.

Thanks!

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #4,377 of 6,159
Everything works great and things seem to be bit-perfect. To that end, RME publishes "bit test" .wav files to confirm bit-perfect status, and UAPP seems to be doing things correctly when I play the files directly from the samsung. If, however, I put the bit test files on my plex server and stream them via DLNA -> UAPP; UAPP throws the following:

"Error: USB set-up failed!"
The error only occurs when UAPP is feeding the RME DAC.

Sorry, English is my third language.

This error comes into play ONLY when DAC is attached? Or DAC plays fine connected to your phone, and this error only happens when you start to play from your Plex/DLNA server?

Try to have an OTG cable/adapter attached to your phone. You could find a bunch in Amazon.

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #4,378 of 6,159
Update -

With Davey Wentzler's (from eXtream) help, I've narrowed the issue down to the network buffer size. In response to @m-i-c-k-e-y , the issue was only when I played these .wav files over the network connected to the DAC. Playing them locally through the dac or playing them over the network through the phone worked fine.

Specifically, it seems the error was related to the track length not being long enough to establish a buffer. Lowering the "network buffer size" (settings > network) to the minimum (5s on my device); and enabling "quick start" (settings > network); seem to have remedied the issue.

Still not sure why the DAC rejects the input entirely in this case, but the problem seems to have been fixed, and my DLNA connection is in fact bit-perfect.

Jan 4, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #4,379 of 6,159
I recently purchased this app so I could connect my Samsung tablet to my dac (Audiolab M-Dac) and the glitching makes it virtually unusable.
The only way I can get it to work is to select usb audio tweak 1, that gets rid of the majority of glitching, but there are still random pops in every track I play.
Its not so noticeable in louder types of music but in quieter types of music its very noticeable. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and found a solution, it does sound good and like to preserve with the app.

Jan 4, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #4,380 of 6,159
I recently purchased this app so I could connect my Samsung tablet to my dac (Audiolab M-Dac) and the glitching makes it virtually unusable.
The only way I can get it to work is to select usb audio tweak 1, that gets rid of the majority of glitching, but there are still random pops in every track I play.
Its not so noticeable in louder types of music but in quieter types of music its very noticeable. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and found a solution, it does sound good and like to preserve with the app.
I have this issue now. But it's an issue with the current version. I'm fairly sure it wasn't an issue a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back