USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 8, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #4,338 of 6,195
So what's the best smartphone available for analogue output?

I'm assuming a Quad DAC Sabre chip equipped LG phone still holds sway with audiophiles but I'm wondering if any other manufacturer has come out with something compelling.
I don' t know the best smartphone. I have one lg v30 and one lg v50. For mobile use I prefere the v50. I use the v30 like streamer connected to my Hugo. Of course all my phones with uapp

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #4,339 of 6,195
I don' t know the best smartphone. I have one lg v30 and one lg v50. For mobile use I prefere the v50. I use the v30 like streamer connected to my Hugo. Of course all my phones with uapp
How is the difference between the V30 and V50 on their sound signature?

I'm looking at the V50 as an upgrade once my V30 is done. :wink:

Thank you for your opinion, really appreciate the insight.

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #4,340 of 6,195
How is the difference between the V30 and V50 on their sound signature?

I'm looking at the V50 as an upgrade once my V30 is done. :wink:

Thank you for your opinion, really appreciate the insight.
Well....good question. in terms of hardware, lg v50 is bigger, heavier and faster. if you have lg v30 you don´t need lg v50. i just bought lg v50 because i dedicated the v30 like streamer in my home system. lg v50 in terms of power is exactly the same. in terms of sound signature i think is a little bit more open(or more air)and more oriented to clean mid and highs. the v50 has dts:3X. i like this function. but IMHo the difference is small between the two models. I also bought the dual screen but it didn't work. so for the price, I would stick with the lg v30. an italian forumer told me that lg v60 has the new ess chip with mqa embedded but, honestly, I have not found anything on the net

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #4,341 of 6,195
Well....good question. in terms of hardware, lg v50 is bigger, heavier and faster. if you have lg v30 you don´t need lg v50. i just bought lg v50 because i dedicated the v30 like streamer in my home system. lg v50 in terms of power is exactly the same. in terms of sound signature i think is a little bit more open(or more air)and more oriented to clean mid and highs. the v50 has dts:3X. i like this function. but IMHo the difference is small between the two models. I also bought the dual screen but it didn't work. so for the price, I would stick with the lg v30. an italian forumer told me that lg v60 has the new ess chip with mqa embedded but, honestly, I have not found anything on the net
Thanks so much.
I'm not going to buy V50 soon, but if my beloved V30 gets broken completely, i'm in the need for a new one which is competitive. :wink:

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #4,342 of 6,195
Thanks so much.
I'm not going to buy V50 soon, but if my beloved V30 gets broken completely, i'm in the need for a new one which is competitive. :wink:
In this case it is a good choice. Probably you'll find soon for around 300

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #4,343 of 6,195
Quick question. I am struggling to figure out how to get UAPP to start playing songs via a bluetooth connection to my car without having to get things started manually from the phone itself. I got it to the point to where the app automatically opens upon the Bluetooth connection being made, whether the app was already open in the background or not. However, I can't get the last song to start playing, even if I press the play button on my car stereo. Note, I don't want the auto play to happen with any other Bluetooth connection.

Have had this issue with a Galaxy S10+ and Note 20 Ultra. Connecting to a 2014 Mercedes, so no Android Auto option.

Is there anything I can do to enable remote initiated Bluetooth playback starting without needing to start it from my phone?

Dec 14, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #4,344 of 6,195
im on a LG V30 rooted with Ainur, AML and Viper. In UAPP im geting a lot of artifacts in bluetooth output, im getting a lot of artifacts too in HiRes outpuut when i activate the MQA HiRes capability. Any sugestions guys...?

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #4,345 of 6,195
so. i am using a usb dac with mqa ability, thr questions now is tidal native app and uapp, do they both decode mqa correctly, just in different bitrate?

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #4,346 of 6,195
UAPP works great on my Galaxy S9+. It even unfolds MQA like a charm. No problems.

But. My FiiO M11 is unstable running UAPP. It will not unfold MQAs. It won't connect to a DAC amp via USB. UI is a mess. I suspect it's the older version of Android that's the problem. Oh well.

Dec 17, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #4,347 of 6,195
Hi, anyone have experienced some sort of disturb (stuttering?) When using an USB DAC from the smartphone?

Basically I have just bought a Poco X3 NFC, it seems it has some troubles running correctly uapp+dense usb DAC, where app gets laggy and above all it gets a bit idle i.e when showing notifications menu in the smartphone while running a song.

If I use the phone PO jack, all runs smoothly.

Dec 18, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #4,348 of 6,195
Hey guys

I have a strange issue with UAPP on the HiBy R8 DAP (but could apply to other DAPs as well). On my friend's R8, when a track is playing UAPP will show the okay controls when you wake the player up (on the lock screen). On mine it only shows album art. If I unlock the player I can see the uapp controls in the drop down notification menu but they're minimised here.

Also, on my friend's R8, when UAPP is playing and the next track starts, the number and title of the new track pops onto the (locked) screen as an ambient display that disappears after a few seconds. On my R8, nothing shows when the next track starts.

Any and all help fixing this on my dap would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I don't think it has anything to do with UAPPs own settings as I've gone setting by settibg and the two DAPs are configured identically. So it must be an Android setting somewhere.

Dec 18, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #4,349 of 6,195
Hey guys

I have a strange issue with UAPP on the HiBy R8 DAP (but could apply to other DAPs as well). On my friend's R8, when a track is playing UAPP will show the okay controls when you wake the player up (on the lock screen). On mine it only shows album art. If I unlock the player I can see the uapp controls in the drop down notification menu but they're minimised here.

Also, on my friend's R8, when UAPP is playing and the next track starts, the number and title of the new track pops onto the (locked) screen as an ambient display that disappears after a few seconds. On my R8, nothing shows when the next track starts.

Any and all help fixing this on my dap would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I don't think it has anything to do with UAPPs own settings as I've gone setting by settibg and the two DAPs are configured identically. So it must be an Android setting somewhere.

Turn ON the Android "Ambient display" - but it's annoying having the screen wake up, when you're listening to music as you go to sleep (try turning your device screen-down).

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #4,350 of 6,195
Turn ON the Android "Ambient display" - but it's annoying having the screen wake up, when you're listening to music as you go to sleep (try turning your device screen-down).
Ambient display is on. That's why I don't understand why it's not working...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back