USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 29, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #3,648 of 6,159
Trying to figure out how to use a 10 band eq in UAPP. The paid for parametric eq is 6 bands only.

Am I missing something?

well, you should be able to achieve the sound you want with 6 fully customizable parametric filters and I'd argue it's MUCH more effective than 10 fixed bands of EQ. However, for many folks, para-EQs can be frustrating and the simple "1 slider per octave" 10 band graphic EQ is a better solution.

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #3,649 of 6,159
After updating UAPP, my eight parametric eq presets disappeared :slight_frown: No big deal, just so you know.
Also I can only configure one preset, reset all doesn't work.
Cleared cache, it didn't work.
Let me know if I can support you @Davy Wentzler
Update: I reinstalled UAPP, the presets seem to work except output level that isn't saved.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #3,651 of 6,159
After updating UAPP, my eight parametric eq presets disappeared :slight_frown: No big deal, just so you know.
Also I can only configure one preset, reset all doesn't work.
Cleared cache, it didn't work.
Let me know if I can support you @Davy Wentzler
Update: I reinstalled UAPP, the presets seem to work except output level that isn't saved.

Yes. Output is bugged. I emailed Davy.

Apr 5, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #3,652 of 6,159
Does UAPP provide benefits to locally stored music too? I have a DAP that has DTA so bypasses Android‘s sound mixer to provide bit-perfect replay. In this situation, what advantages would I get from UAPP for locally stored FLAC files?

Apr 5, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #3,653 of 6,159
I've done some looking here but haven't found my answer. With the LH Labs GeekOut V2+ Infinity, what setting should I have UAPP set to so I can control volume via the phone? I'm fine doing it by touch screen or volume rocker. The GO V2+ doesn't have a volume put. Thanks for your help!

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #3,654 of 6,159
This was/is my experience.

Have both GO1K and Go2Pro Infinity SE Extreme.

Within UAPP i had problems using software/phone volume controls (same w/ similar apps directly accessing DACs). Tried various settings but couldn't. Outside UAPP, using Android's sound engine(ASL) its a YES. Therefore, playing a video using my DAC manipulating volume thru my phone/tablet is a snap. But as said, was/is limited thru ASL.

Sometimes (in my case), UAPP (or similar apps) have problems releasing the device. So I need to reset the power of my USB DAC to regain volume control.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #3,655 of 6,159
Any hints how to setup UAPP + QNAP NAS + Asus router using WebDAV?

1. I have setup Webdav & DDNS on QNAP
2. Enabed UPnP on the Asus router
3. Tried setting port forwards on the router (I guess this shouldn't be needed with UPnP)

Depending on how I set the parameters, I either get "Failed to connect to server!" or some authentication error in UAPP's WebDAV every time.

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #3,656 of 6,159
Uapp supports smb 1 protocol, I didn't find it supports webdav.
I have a Sinology Nas. To access from remote I setup ddns, and Openvpn protocol on Nas, and Openvpn app on android. I also portforwarde something on router, but I don't remember what.
This way I access nas using Uapp smb protocol .

Apr 8, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #3,658 of 6,159
I searched but came up dry. Can you store eq settings?

Yes.
Set the eq to whatever you want then, with the equalizer on display, tap the three dot menu in the top right of the screen. Select Save Preset, give your eq settings a name, and hit Save (or it could be OK, I haven't used eq in quite a while :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back