USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 13, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #3,661 of 6,188
does any one know if apple iphone or ipad get the same crap with downsample like android? How can we stream bit perfect with any tidal song?

Apr 14, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #3,663 of 6,188
does any one know if apple iphone or ipad get the same crap with downsample like android? How can we stream bit perfect with any tidal song?
I have been juggling with the Audirect Atom Pro with IP5S and 11 via CCK. and playback downloaded tracks and streaming from IOS Tidal app itself and other FLAC files stored in the phones.
Results, the dongle showed magenta (MQA) for Master files, red for Hifi and blue/red for FLAC and DSD.
I may be wrong, but IOS do transmit bit-perfect signals to MQA enabled DAC/USB DAC for full unfold/playback, although there's no information interpreting what's the actual/estimate bitrate the files are being played.

Tried using Android devices with Android 9 OS but no-no. From Android Tidal app itself, no bit-perfect signals transmitted. Max is 88.1 or 96Khz max for both Hifi and Master tracks as it only showed blue colour at the dongle.
Only by using UAPP in Android devices be able to get full unfold and correct bitrates playback for Tidal and non-Tidal tracks.

Apr 15, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #3,664 of 6,188
This question may have already been addressed in a previous post but here goes: Why when I am using UAPP on my phone or R5 streaming Tidal or Qobuz, when the signal drops out and the music stops does it not start playing when the signal is stronger? I have to open the phone back up and hit play to make it restart. Is there a setting to remedy this?

Apr 15, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #3,666 of 6,188
Ive been trying to find the MQA add on to purshase in the app for my LG G8x but ive been unable to find it. I will really appreciate the help!

Pretty sure you're unable to find the add on because your device should support MQA out-of-the-box.
Screenshot_20200415-205402.png

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #3,668 of 6,188
But why when i play MQA original sample rate of 96khz only plays at 48khz as this picture below proves https://imageshack.us/i/pnhuVVf6p
You're hiding the now playing screen, mate. Whatever the metadata shows doesn't matter. It shows 48 kHz there because MQA unfolds 96kHz out of it.

(If I'm using MQA terminology incorrectly, you know what I mean. Decode, render, unfold, etc.)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #3,669 of 6,188
You're hiding the now playing screen, mate. Whatever the metadata shows doesn't matter. It shows 48 kHz there because MQA unfolds 96kHz out of it.

(If I'm using MQA terminology incorrectly, you know what I mean. Decode, render, unfold, etc.)
Thank you for clarifying to me pal, i really appreciate it as im not a seasoned veteran on high res stuff. Someone told me the G8x cant unfold MQA be cause in LG music app shows only 48khz on MQA files.

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #3,670 of 6,188
Ju
Thank you for clarifying to me pal, i really appreciate it as im not a seasoned veteran on high res stuff. Someone told me the G8x cant unfold MQA be cause in LG music app shows only 48khz on MQA files.

No worries, I would go off of whether or not you get the MQA indicator light from the now playing screen.

There are exceptions to this unfolding though, as I have an MQA album with mixed sample rates: 24-48kHz or 24-44.1 kHz, and only some of the 48kHz songs actually unfold to 96 kHz. The one 44.1kHz track doesn't unfold to 88.2kHz. They get the indicator light and all show the decoder as working. (I'm using the decoder plug in. Perhaps this is different with devices with built in MQA support *shrug*)

MQA is just messy <_<

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #3,671 of 6,188
Ju

No worries, I would go off of whether or not you get the MQA indicator light from the now playing screen.

There are exceptions to this unfolding though, as I have an MQA album with mixed sample rates: 24-48kHz or 24-44.1 kHz, and only some of the 48kHz songs actually unfold to 96 kHz. The one 44.1kHz track doesn't unfold to 88.2kHz. They get the indicator light and all show the decoder as working. (I'm using the decoder plug in. Perhaps this is different with devices with built in MQA support *shrug*)

MQA is just messy <_<
I have no light on when im playing MQA files, interesting. Now i remember the light will not appear on LG devices with MQA capabilities.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #3,673 of 6,188
I have no light on when im playing MQA files, interesting
I'd send the dev (Davy W) an email @ info@extreamsd.com about the issue, screenshot of now playing screen and the metadata one you showed.

MQA is very much in the spec of your phone, but I don't know if any of the DTS:X or Quad Dac system settings or EQ stuff interferes with UAPP?

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #3,674 of 6,188
I'd send the dev (Davy W) an email @ info@extreamsd.com about the issue, screenshot of now playing screen and the metadata one you showed.

MQA is very much in the spec of your phone, but I don't know if any of the DTS:X or Quad Dac system settings or EQ stuff interferes with UAPP?
Sure i will email him and post any updates on this interesting issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back