USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 16, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #3,676 of 6,187
This was his response
I'm sorry, the VentureBeat article I found must have been led astray. So the LG G8 Thin Q supports MQA, the G8X does not.

I would hope there would still be a possibility in a future build for the MQA decoder add on to be accessible and work if MQA is not natively supported.

Just as an FYI, Neutron Music Player seems to do an MQA unfold, no add on required. (My FiiO X5iii does not natively support MQA, either).

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #3,677 of 6,187
I'm sorry, the VentureBeat article I found must have been led astray. So the LG G8 Thin Q supports MQA, the G8X does not.

I would hope there would still be a possibility in a future build for the MQA decoder add on to be accessible and work if MQA is not natively supported.

Just as an FYI, Neutron Music Player seems to do an MQA unfold, no add on required. (My FiiO X5iii does not natively support MQA, either).
Man i love UAPP i would not like to get another music app perhaps @Davy Wentzler could help me find the in app purshase so i can atleast do the first unfold as i cant seem to find the purshase anywhere in within the app.

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #3,678 of 6,187

Downloaded Neutron and played a 192khz MQA file and it display 192khz below song name while UAPP display only 96khz with the in app purshase. Who knows which one is displaying the real and accurate sample rate.

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #3,679 of 6,187
Downloaded Neutron and played a 192khz MQA file and it display 192khz below song name while UAPP display only 96khz with the in app purshase. Who knows which one is displaying the real and accurate sample rate.
(hope discussing specifics of another app isn’t too off topic) so long as follow source frequency is checked neutron should “detect MQA track and expand it to the original frame rate if hw supports it” as of version 1.99. (2.13.2 is current v#)

Apr 16, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #3,680 of 6,187
Hello,

does this mean that MQA does not play properly on my V40 via UAPP?
Capture+_2020-04-16-17-27-10.png

Apr 16, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #3,683 of 6,187
No that is quite accurate, the native sample rate is 48 kHz, and that gets upsampled to 96 kHz using MQA's leaky minimum phase filter prone to aliasing/imaging.
I thinks the direct sample rate is the actual sample rate is playing while the second one is the file sample rate. In this case his 96khz file is playing at 48khz. Please correct me if im wrong

Apr 16, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #3,685 of 6,187
I believe that is not the case. All MQA tracks have a native sample rate of 44.1, or 48 kHz. They are then "unfolded" (read: upsampled) to either 88.2, or 96 kHz.

All other supposed sample rates are complete BS, unless you fancy the idea that an MQA enabled DAC is then doing some sort of magic act with a "2nd unfold" in the hardware domain, that further upsamples to 176.4 or 192 kHz.
Thanks for the info, im fairly new to MQA music so i appreciate learning from more seasoned veterans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back