USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Mar 19, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #3,601 of 6,157
I have an update of UAPP for my X7ii saying this (V 5.4.8)

WHAT'S NEW
* Added HiRes support for FiiO M11/M15, Hiby R5 and RealMe 5 PRO (RMX1971).
* The max sample rate playable in internal HiRes on the LG V/G series featuring a Quad DAC is actually 352800Hz instead of 384000Hz. Solved.
* Starting a Tidal MQA track and selecting a next track when streaming can be a little faster now on slower network connections.
* Solved a crash that could occur after detaching a USB DAC when streaming from slower network connections.

But it's not visible in the play store on my M11 :frowning2:

Any ideas anyone?

Mar 19, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #3,602 of 6,157
I have an update of UAPP for my X7ii saying this (V 5.4.8)

WHAT'S NEW
* Added HiRes support for FiiO M11/M15, Hiby R5 and RealMe 5 PRO (RMX1971).
* The max sample rate playable in internal HiRes on the LG V/G series featuring a Quad DAC is actually 352800Hz instead of 384000Hz. Solved.
* Starting a Tidal MQA track and selecting a next track when streaming can be a little faster now on slower network connections.
* Solved a crash that could occur after detaching a USB DAC when streaming from slower network connections.

But it's not visible in the play store on my M11 :frowning2:

Any ideas anyone?
See this post by Davy. FiiO created a second firmware (see Head-Fi front page), but this one is beta. You can download the APK via direct link and install that way if you don’t want to apply the beta firmware to fix Play Store.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #3,606 of 6,157
Hello All.

I have installed the USB Audio Pro to my Sony NW-A105, and not quite sure how the settings of this app is.

1. I have set the driver to 'HiRes Driver', and under the Bit Perfect mode, what is the difference between 'On' and 'When available'? And under which setting I should set on my DAP?
2. I haven't subscribe to Tidal HiFi/Master, and planning to do so once my trial period is over. Noted there's an in-app MQA add-on for this app. In order to playback MQA files from my DAP, do I need to purchase that add-on, given that NW-A105 has the MQA decoding function on itself?
3. Is there any settings I need to setup for better SQ? Am planning to have Audio Pro as my main playback app from Tidal and Sony Walkman app.

1st impression upon hearing for a while from this app, and the SQ is just superb! Kudos the the Team, and hope the good work continues.

Any clarification and suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you and stay safe.

Mar 21, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #3,607 of 6,157
I think most of the devices should stick to default settings, uapp will detect hires dac.
As for mqa, uapp will show you if it is played or not, I think lg v30 has built-in mqa support so no add-on needed, just as your case. But it's been long ago I've been using lg v30 so maybe someone else knows better.

Mar 21, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #3,608 of 6,157
Hello All.

I have installed the USB Audio Pro to my Sony NW-A105, and not quite sure how the settings of this app is.

1. I have set the driver to 'HiRes Driver', and under the Bit Perfect mode, what is the difference between 'On' and 'When available'? And under which setting I should set on my DAP?
2. I haven't subscribe to Tidal HiFi/Master, and planning to do so once my trial period is over. Noted there's an in-app MQA add-on for this app. In order to playback MQA files from my DAP, do I need to purchase that add-on, given that NW-A105 has the MQA decoding function on itself?
3. Is there any settings I need to setup for better SQ? Am planning to have Audio Pro as my main playback app from Tidal and Sony Walkman app.

1st impression upon hearing for a while from this app, and the SQ is just superb! Kudos the the Team, and hope the good work continues.

Any clarification and suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you and stay safe.
1. On = active always. When posible=depending.
If file can process but beyond your HW...etc

2. Tidal, Qobuz are free funtion. Ofcouse service fee for tidal/qobuz account is a must.

3. Find to use Paramettic eq when you need it. Xcellent eq!

Mar 21, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #3,610 of 6,157
I think most of the devices should stick to default settings, uapp will detect hires dac.
As for mqa, uapp will show you if it is played or not, I think lg v30 has built-in mqa support so no add-on needed, just as your case. But it's been long ago I've been using lg v30 so maybe someone else knows better.
Thanks LightBlue77 for the kind clarifications.

I will revert back to 'Off' then for the Bit Perfect part since this was a default setting. Cheers!

Mar 21, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #3,611 of 6,157
Bit Perfect has better SQ set to "When Possible"

or at least try it yourself...

Mar 21, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #3,612 of 6,157
1. On = active always. When posible=depending.
If file can process but beyond your HW...etc

2. Tidal, Qobuz are free funtion. Ofcouse service fee for tidal/qobuz account is a must.

3. Find to use Paramettic eq when you need it. Xcellent eq!

Thanks TYATYA for the kind explanation. Am getting more idea now as how the app works. I will revert the settings back to 'Off' for the bit perfect setting as advised by LightBlue77 earlier.
and thanks for the suggestion for the EQ. Prefer to hear musics as it is, and a perfect dumbo on this EQ thingy! :smiley::smiley:

Cheers!

Mar 21, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #3,614 of 6,157
Prefer to hear musics as it is, and a perfect dumbo on this EQ thingy! :smiley::smiley:

Cheers!
Me too, want music as it be but playback especially headphones are not flat.
Eq is not to alter the sound but to correct error in responding of headphone.
Uapp even do it individually for R and L channel.
I never use graphic eq (of any thing) bcs it doesnt help me.
I never use a mesurement FR result on this Earth, bcs it was not measure on my ears helix

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #3,615 of 6,157
Thanks LightBlue77 for the kind clarifications.
I will revert back to 'Off' then for the Bit Perfect part since this was a default setting. Cheers!
I manually switch the bit perfect mode on and off depending on the mqa availability and quality of recording. So try it by yourself, experiment.
There is an indicator and messages showing if mqa is actually played. The green or blue dot next to mqa circle. Also you can go to developers official site and read about UAPP and mqa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back