USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 14, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #827 of 6,159
Sep 14, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #828 of 6,159

Great the trial works, once you tick play through Android.
Why won't the Google store version allow an install direct to the zx2?

Compatibility seems pretty good to me as an internal software player, great EQ. You could have many sales refining this Davey.
Oh is there anyway of playing raw through the DAC? This is converting DSF to 44khz.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #829 of 6,159
Great the trial works, once you tick play through Android.
Why won't the Google store version allow an install direct to the zx2?

Compatibility seems pretty good to me as an internal software player, great the EQ is great. You could have many sales refining this Davey.
Oh is there anyway of playing raw through the DAC? This is converting DSF to 44khz.

Because we require the device to have USB host. If we would remove this requirement, many people would give 1-star reviews because their device wouldn't work with a USB DAC.
There is no way to access the internal DAC other than the official API's which probably only allow for a fixed rate. You can enable 'variable sample rate' in the settings, but that does not mean it wouldn't get resampled in the end.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #830 of 6,159
Because we require the device to have USB host. If we would remove this requirement, many people would give 1-star reviews because their device wouldn't work with a USB DAC.
There is no way to access the internal DAC other than the official API's which probably only allow for a fixed rate. You can enable 'variable sample rate' in the settings, but that does not mean it wouldn't get resampled in the end.

Yes, it seems to be resampling the output still in variable, it's a pity there's no direct access to the Sony DAC.
Is it possible on the v10 to play direct through the DAC?, seeing it sounds so good on the ess DAC in hi-fi mode, I would have thought it was already direct through the lg v10.
Excellent just checked, this is playing native resolutions strait through, this app rocks in the v10.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #831 of 6,159
Will there be support for Soundblaster E5? Currently it does not seem to work, the app connects, tells everything is ok, even volume control working (the slider moves) but there is no sound output.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #834 of 6,159
  Will there be support for Soundblaster E5? Currently it does not seem to work, the app connects, tells everything is ok, even volume control working (the slider moves) but there is no sound output.

The E5 is a hit and miss. It sometimes switches back to a fixed USB1 mode, it usually does not work and sometimes it just starts working out of the blue. I'm afraid we are not going to spend any more time on this.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #836 of 6,159
Hi everyone!

I have a question for the developer. Davy, on my phone (Highscreen Boost 3 pro) after the update to version 6.0 is missing player Muz_on (version UAPP). Should I wait for his return? In any case, I bought UAPP in play store (your player is good value for money!) But I liked to compare them both :)

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #837 of 6,159
  Hi everyone!

I have a question for the developer. Davy, on my phone (Highscreen Boost 3 pro) after the update to version 6.0 is missing player Muz_on (version UAPP). Should I wait for his return? In any case, I bought UAPP in play store (your player is good value for money!) But I liked to compare them both :)

Please contact Highscreen, we cannot give support on this.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #839 of 6,159
I didn't follow this thread from the beginning, so excuse me if it was mention before.

I love UAPP, I think its great app, but still, some small(or not) "things" are missing.
For me what is missing is better stream error handling (meaning how app handles connection problems).

So for example, apps like TuneIn Radio handles connection problems very well, when my phone gets disconnected, it plays what's already in buffer and continues play when reconnected.
UAPP does stop when phone gets disconnected but doesn't continue to play when reconnected. I cannot even start playing again using lockscreen widget (does not work), I have to unlock my phone and start the stream again. (Moto X Play, android 6.0.1, also tested on other phones)

My question for developers is: will You check error handling when stream playing?

ps.
PM me if You need exact test case.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #840 of 6,159

I am having a problem with library scan. I have a 64gb SD-Card which is about 80% full.Scan is never completed, usually the app crashes at 40%. Can you help me with this? 

Sure, please send an email to info AT extreamsd.com

After a lengthy exchange of emails the problem was solved. Kudos for your great customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back