USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 11, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #811 of 6,188
Ok folks,

I'm still not up to snuff in regards to what the "bitperfect" , does. But when I chose that option, after reading about it here. There is definitely a difference in sound to my ears. I sense more depth in the soundstage. Bass weight , and presence has increased. And the treble has smoothed out considerably.

Could it all be in my head? Dunno?. Lol. But switching back and forth, it's immediately apparent. I've been monkeying with it all day with repeated familiar tracks. Sounds like a winner to me.

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #812 of 6,188
Ok folks,

I'm still not up to snuff in regards to what the "bitperfect" , does. But when I chose that option, after reading about it here. There is definitely a difference in sound to my ears. I sense more depth in the soundstage.

I got that as well on a heavily played track before-and-after the update.

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #814 of 6,188
yesterday tried Uapp with bit perfect option enabled. to me sound became a bit smoother so this option is an improvement. I would like to use an audioquest jitterbug in between but Uapp does not recognize it currently.

Sep 13, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #815 of 6,188
yesterday tried Uapp with bit perfect option enabled. to me sound became a bit smoother so this option is an improvement. I would like to use an audioquest jitterbug in between but Uapp does not recognize it currently.

The Jitterbug for me made upper-end rougher...so there you go ! it will isolate noise, but it is a crap-shoot depending on what DAC is in front of Jitterbug...and what DAC will you have in front of Jitterbug ?

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #818 of 6,188
Hi @Davy Wentzler, just a suggestion: In Tidal when an artist is pulled up, the artist's "Top Tracks" are listed before the artist's "Albums". When you bring up an artist in UAPP/Tidal howerver, the "Top Tracks" are not shown. I guess I use that feature quite a bit to get a feel for an artist's music, so it would be great if it could be added to UAPP/Tidal. Thanks!

Sep 14, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #819 of 6,188
  Hi @Davy Wentzler, just a suggestion: In Tidal when an artist is pulled up, the artist's "Top Tracks" are listed before the artist's "Albums". When you bring up an artist in UAPP/Tidal howerver, the "Top Tracks" are not shown. I guess I use that feature quite a bit to get a feel for an artist's music, so it would be great if it could be added to UAPP/Tidal. Thanks!

I second this request.  I use it in the same way and it would be great to have this feature.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #820 of 6,188
+3

Great work Davy, your app works fantastic on the v10.

I would really appreciate more volume steps in the internal hardware volume (100 would be great) and in single step increments (not the stock 5 multiplier)

This would be great for fine grain adjustment on the v10/G5 in high gain mode. Your app would then be perfect for me, and keep up the great work.
And not having to use Alsa app to trigger high gain would be great to have this as a toggle on your app.

And could you please make this app work on the Sony ZX2 that would make my day. (It won't even install)

Would be fantastic if you could get UAPP to play high res on the zx2.

Thanks in advanced.

If the ZX2 is anything like the ZX1, you need to root it, run USB host check to fix the wrong host settings and that it may work.

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #821 of 6,188
I found Uapp does not recognize audioquest jitterbug on redmi s1 . what about others ?

Note that device recognition is for 99.5% the responsibility of Linux, then Android. If these two do not see the jitterbug (as it looks like), then UAPP will not be able to see it since it needs to be visible from the Android host API. Can you use apps like USB host viewer to see if the jitterbug is visible (for Linux)?

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #822 of 6,188
Ok folks,

I'm still not up to snuff in regards to what the "bitperfect" , does. But when I chose that option, after reading about it here. There is definitely a difference in sound to my ears. I sense more depth in the soundstage. Bass weight , and presence has increased. And the treble has smoothed out considerably.

Could it all be in my head? Dunno?. Lol. But switching back and forth, it's immediately apparent. I've been monkeying with it all day with repeated familiar tracks. Sounds like a winner to me.

Note that it also turns off any EQ, so to have a fair comparison you would need to disable the EQ as well if you had it turned on that is.

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #823 of 6,188
Question(s) for anyone running UAPP with a Chord Mojo: Is UAPP able to use hardware volume adjustment with the Mojo, particularly with bit-perfect option enabled? If so, does the color of the volume buttons change along with volume?

It should be able to, yes, regardless of bit-perfect mode.

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #824 of 6,188
If the ZX2 is anything like the ZX1, you need to root it, run USB host check to fix the wrong host settings and that it may work.

Thanks for the answer, is there any other way to get UAPP to install on the zx2?

Sony have made it more difficult to root the zx2 than the zx1 and there's no root solution as yet, other music apps from the play store will install and function fine, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back