USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 7, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #796 of 6,161
  I've just started using UAPP with my S7 Edge, Tidal and a Dragonfly Red and am really impressed with it!

One quick question, when I look for my playlists on Tidal I see only those that I have created myself, and not any Tidal playlists that I have marked as "favourite". Is there any way to see them, or am I doing something wrong?

Sorry if this question has been asked before... I did look :)

I'll have a look, thanks for reporting that.

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #797 of 6,161
Davy, thanking you again for the bitperfect option.

It seems my DAC is liking it.Plays different kinds of files/bitrates perfectly. As with regards to former version (sometimes it has problems distinguishing between pcm/DSD on native mode).

And with this, on my DAC, it seems the SQ is upped a bit.

Update: I can say the sound is "Pure"..
I still have this bug though on using DSD256 files. If it is your first song once opening UAPP it is played as PCM. Need to start one non DSD256 file first before playing back the other.

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #798 of 6,161
Davy, thanking you again for the bitperfect option.

It seems my DAC is liking it.Plays different kinds of files/bitrates perfectly. As with regards to former version (sometimes it has problems distinguishing between pcm/DSD on native mode).

And with this, on my DAC, it seems the SQ is upped a bit.

+1 on the bit perfect option and also thanks for the genre selection in Tidal, it's my preferred way to find albums.

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #800 of 6,161
Confused about the bit perfect option. I thought the point of the app was already to bypass any processing Android does and deliver the true output to the DAC. Now I don't know the difference between enabling the option or not, and nothing explains it. Frustrating.

Sep 11, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #801 of 6,161
few days I requested for this option which bypasses all proceeding with one click. I am happy that they have incorporated the option. I think even if you have checked volume control, replay gain and other processing options like eq , selecting bit perfect will disable all such options with one click even if processing options have been checked.

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #802 of 6,161
Confused about the bit perfect option. I thought the point of the app was already to bypass any processing Android does and deliver the true output to the DAC. Now I don't know the difference between enabling the option or not, and nothing explains it. Frustrating.

Just use it, and you will know for sure the original file is getting kicked out to your DAC.

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #803 of 6,161

It means that the audio that is present in the audio file is sent unaffected to the DAC. Of course this does not apply to compressed audio, like mp3, but holds for wav and flac and other lossless audio.
Without the bit-perfect option enabled, all audio that is read from the file is converted to 32-bit floating point and then converted to the appropriate 16/24/32 bit integer format when sending to the DAC (after optional processing that you chose like EQ, balance, upsampling). This leads to an error for about 20 or so out of 16.7 million values that are 1 bit 'off'. Although you wouldn't hear that amplitude change, it might distort high frequency content a little. Most people won't hear it though.

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #804 of 6,161
Thanks Davy for the relentless improvement on this app.

Sep 11, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #805 of 6,161
I would love for someone to generate a side-app (so as not to pollute the UAPP code) that would be able to trigger high impedance mode on LG devices (V10 & B&O DAC) - first world problem I know, but - having to have an extension cable plugged in to enable 'AUX mode' is a bit of an inconvenience...

Other than that, the continual improvements to UAPP are welcomed :)

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #806 of 6,161
I would love for someone to generate a side-app (so as not to pollute the UAPP code) that would be able to trigger high impedance mode on LG devices (V10 & B&O DAC) - first world problem I know, but - having to have an extension cable plugged in to enable 'AUX mode' is a bit of an inconvenience...

+1 :)

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #807 of 6,161

+3

Great work Davy, your app works fantastic on the v10.

I would really appreciate more volume steps in the internal hardware volume (100 would be great) and in single step increments (not the stock 5 multiplier)

This would be great for fine grain adjustment on the v10/G5 in high gain mode. Your app would then be perfect for me, and keep up the great work.
And not having to use Alsa app to trigger high gain would be great to have this as a toggle on your app.

And could you please make this app work on the Sony ZX2 that would make my day. (It won't even install)

Would be fantastic if you could get UAPP to play high res on the zx2.

Thanks in advanced.

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #809 of 6,161
It means that the audio that is present in the audio file is sent unaffected to the DAC. Of course this does not apply to compressed audio, like mp3, but holds for wav and flac and other lossless audio.

Without the bit-perfect option enabled, all audio that is read from the file is converted to 32-bit floating point and then converted to the appropriate 16/24/32 bit integer format when sending to the DAC (after optional processing that you chose like EQ, balance, upsampling). This leads to an error for about 20 or so out of 16.7 million values that are 1 bit 'off'. Although you wouldn't hear that amplitude change, it might distort high frequency content a little. Most people won't hear it though.

Appreciate the explanation. Dunno why this option wouldn't be default, but I guess some people like to EQ or other things. I'd suggest to provide an explanation as you have somewhere in the official word to help others with the same question.

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #810 of 6,161

I'm loving those 20 more corrected values! Thank for the feature and explanation, and also for all of the continued updates. Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back