USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 8, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #889 of 6,195
Having an issue with transition between tracks on DSD64-DSF files There is a pop / click and the first bit of the next track is lost (milliseconds only). I use DSD mode DoP (too much 
stuttering with conversion  to PCM, even with the tweaks) and set to Bit Perfect, running through an external DAC / Amp. The problem is more pronounced on some DSD64-DSF tracks then others..

The DSF files are generated from SACD-ISO's split with  SACD-Extract or Sonore ISO2DSD. No problem playing same tracks on PC with FooBar, and this transition glitch doesn't occur with FLAC files, including 24 bit. My phone is a Moto G3, 2 GB RAM, set in airplane mode and with no other applications running.

Is there a UAPP gapless setting I need to set to "off" or another fix anyone can suggest?

Thanks.

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #890 of 6,195
  Having an issue with transition between tracks on DSD64-DSF files There is a pop / click and the first bit of the next track is lost (milliseconds only). I use DSD mode DoP (too much 
stuttering with conversion  to PCM, even with the tweaks) and set to Bit Perfect, running through an external DAC / Amp. The problem is more pronounced on some DSD64-DSF tracks then others..

The DSF files are generated from SACD-ISO's split with  SACD-Extract or Sonore ISO2DSD. No problem playing same tracks on PC with FooBar, and this transition glitch doesn't occur with FLAC files, including 24 bit. My phone is a Moto G3, 2 GB RAM, set in airplane mode and with no other applications running.

Is there a UAPP gapless setting I need to set to "off" or another fix anyone can suggest?

Thanks.

No, UAPP stops playback and starts playback again for the next DSD track. We've see too many problems with DSD tracks that do not have a logical succession (for example with shuffle). The stopping and starting can cause a pop on some DACs. We will investigate if there is a better way of dealing with this.
Note that the bit-perfect setting has no effect if you are using DoP or DSD native since those will always play bit-perfect.

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #892 of 6,195

No, UAPP stops playback and starts playback again for the next DSD track. We've see too many problems with DSD tracks that do not have a logical succession (for example with shuffle). The stopping and starting can cause a pop on some DACs. We will investigate if there is a better way of dealing with this.
Note that the bit-perfect setting has no effect if you are using DoP or DSD native since those will always play bit-perfect.

Thank you, Davy. I appreciate your response and will look forward to any improvements you can roll into the next UAPP release to smooth out DSD file playback transitions.

Oct 10, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #893 of 6,195
Actually, I need to partially rescind my previous statement - hardware volume control brings a new issue for the B&O DAC... the loss of Aux (and, logically - probably - albeit I cannot confirm) high impedance mode...

This is self evident by loss of volume, and confirmed - whilst playing music, by going into settings, and the hifi DAC section, as soon as going in the volume jumps up, and the mode changes from Normal to Aux, which then remains the same until the settings app loses focus, and the volume is changed, whereby dropping back to normal mode...

...Is there a way, if able to force 'normal' mode, to force high impedance mode instead?

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #895 of 6,195
Does the TB parametric EQ come with any presets? I'm after a fairly typical rock eq which I can tell weak, but no idea where to start

Nope, start flat and brew your own. It's not that hard to learn, sounds real good. That should provide some motivation. The add-in was cheap.

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #896 of 6,195
Is achieving TIDAL offline in work, or is not gonna be possible? I have no internet signal at work and that's where I do most of my listening :frowning2:

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #899 of 6,195
Will UAPP have a 'wake lock setting' soon ?
I've tried every UAPP setting check box and all my Android settings including full Performance Mode and my HRT microStreamer is now losing the connection on screen off.
I can't run UAPP with screen on permanently, as it will eat the battery or buttons will get pressed accidentally in my phone chest sling.
Really frustrating, as other USB audio apps ARE keeping the connection alive but they have their own issues regarding up-sampling etc.

I've not used UAPP a while, and it seemed to work at first on Performance Mode... but now consistently dropping DAC out connection as soon as the screen powers off.
Once I saw my stock Android build was older I tried 1 update on that build. A fresh build after that and another update from Asus on the fresh Android build...(4 different builds) and the result is the same on all 4.....dropped DAC out.

Fired up my old phone with UAPP trial ASUS Zenfone Laser 2 ZE550KL (5.5") working and new phone ASUS Zenfone Laser 2 ZE601KL (6") dropping the DAC out.
They look identical barring the size difference. Just exhausted every software setting I know and could try, to keep the 6" alive.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #900 of 6,195
  Will UAPP have a 'wake lock setting' soon ?
I've tried every UAPP setting check box and all my Android settings including full Performance Mode and my HRT microStreamer is now losing the connection on screen off.
I can't run UAPP with screen on permanently, as it will eat the battery or buttons will get pressed accidentally in my phone chest sling.
Really frustrating, as other USB audio apps ARE keeping the connection alive but they have their own issues regarding up-sampling etc.

I've not used UAPP a while, and it seemed to work at first on Performance Mode... but now consistently dropping DAC out connection as soon as the screen powers off.
Once I saw my stock Android build was older I tried 1 update on that build. A fresh build after that and another update from Asus on the fresh Android build...(4 different builds) and the result is the same on all 4.....dropped DAC out.

Fired up my old phone with UAPP trial ASUS Zenfone Laser 2 ZE550KL (5.5") working and new phone ASUS Zenfone Laser 2 ZE601KL (6") dropping the DAC out.
They look identical barring the size difference. Just exhausted every software setting I know and could try, to keep the 6" alive.

Both WiFi and CPU wakelocks are acquired. Please contact us at info@extreamsd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back