USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 22, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #5,073 of 6,179
Shanling M6 Pro 21 (Firmware: V1.1) with the USB Audio Player Pro or UAPP (V5.9.9.9), Listen to Tidal (with a Hifi subscription).
Song Title: MOZART Violin Concerto in D major KV 218, I. Allegro (MQA Remix 2016). That has an "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz.

Question:

1)
Bit Perfect Mode On.png
Original Sample Rate 352.8.png

With the following settings:
Internal Audio Driver > HiRes Direct Driver
Internal HiRes Audio > Bit Perfect Mode >On
Internal HiRes Audio > Upsample > Off
MQA with Blue light appears. 88.2 kHz shows on both "Direct" and the status bar (upper right).
I understand that MQA was decoded (first unfold) by UAPP, not by Hardware from DAC ESS ES9068AS. On the other hand, I got downsampling from 352.8 to 88.2 kHz.
Why Hardware decoding/rendered is not working? But I got downsampling instead?

2)
Bit Perfect Mode Off.png
No Original Sample Rate.png

Internal HiRes Audio > Bit Perfect Mode >Off
The "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz changes to "Sample rate" 44.1 kHz
No light appears next to MQA. 44.1 kHz shows on the "Direct". But 705.6 kHz shows on the status bar (upper right).
According to the information from https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/mqa , "When a DAC is detected that implements an MQA decoder (for example, the Meridian Explorer 2 or the DAC inside certain LG models), the MQA decoder inside USB Audio Player PRO is deactivated and MQA decoding is performed by the hardware. No green or blue led will be displayed in the app in this situation."
I understand that No light appears as the Hardware decoder/rendered is working.
2.1) Why 705.6 kHz doesn't appear in "Direct", and does the "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz change to "Sample rate" 44.1 kHz? Note that "Original Sample Rate" doesn't show in the "Meta data".
2.2) In this situation, why is M6 Pro 21 upsampling the song beyond the "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz? (refer to the photo of the "Meta data" above)
2.3) I understand that it should be a maximum of 352.8kHz, am I right?

3) Does M6 Pro 21 already support by UAPP?

Thank you

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #5,074 of 6,179
You can opt in from the app page on the Play Store.

When someone has a few different Android devices, on the same Google Account - do you know if opt-ing in on one device, will change the UAPP on all the devices?

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #5,075 of 6,179
When someone has a few different Android devices, on the same Google Account - do you know if opt-ing in on one device, will change the UAPP on all the devices?
Yes, it works for all devices with your Google account.

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #5,076 of 6,179
Shanling M6 Pro 21 (Firmware: V1.1) with the USB Audio Player Pro or UAPP (V5.9.9.9), Listen to Tidal (with a Hifi subscription).
Song Title: MOZART Violin Concerto in D major KV 218, I. Allegro (MQA Remix 2016). That has an "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz.

Question:

1)
Bit Perfect Mode On.png
Original Sample Rate 352.8.png

Internal HiRes Audio > Bit Perfect Mode >On
MQA with Blue light appears. 88.2 kHz shows on both "Direct" and the status bar (upper right).
I understand that MQA was decoded (first unfold) by UAPP, not by Hardware from DAC ESS ES9068AS. On the other hand, I got downsampling from 352.8 to 88.2 kHz.
Why Hardware decoding/rendered is not working? But I got downsampling instead?

2)
Bit Perfect Mode Off.png
No Original Sample Rate.png

Internal HiRes Audio > Bit Perfect Mode >Off
The "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz changes to "Sample rate" 44.1 kHz
No light appears next to MQA. 44.1 kHz shows on the "Direct". But 705.6 kHz shows on the status bar (upper right).
According to the information from https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/mqa , "When a DAC is detected that implements an MQA decoder (for example, the Meridian Explorer 2 or the DAC inside certain LG models), the MQA decoder inside USB Audio Player PRO is deactivated and MQA decoding is performed by the hardware. No green or blue led will be displayed in the app in this situation."
I understand that No light appears as the Hardware decoder/rendered is working.
2.1) Why 705.6 kHz doesn't appear in "Direct", and does the "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz change to "Sample rate" 44.1 kHz? Note that "Original Sample Rate" doesn't show in the "Meta data".
2.2) In this situation, why is M6 Pro 21 upsampling the song beyond the "Original Sample Rate" of 352.8kHz? (refer to the photo of the "Meta data" above)
2.3) I understand that it should be a maximum of 352.8kHz, am I right?

3) Does M6 Pro 21 already support by UAPP?

Thank you

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...ort-for-android.704065/page-334#post-16528394

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #5,077 of 6,179
Yes, it works for all devices with your Google account.

So - don't opt for the Beta, if you want to keep using the current version on most of your devices.

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #5,080 of 6,179
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #5,081 of 6,179
Is there an actual link to click to get the beta on the Play Store? I know in the past you had to e-mail Davy at extreamsd.com and request it.

As others have said, you can join the beta from the Play Store page for UAPP on your android device. Sometimes Davy has test builds for specific issues that he sends via email for troubleshooting, but that's a different scenario.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #5,085 of 6,179
Ive got all of them. But how can access to autoeq? Wavelet for example do it automatically
Un UAPP you have an inapp purchase named Morphit. It's the most close to autoeq you will find in UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back