USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Sep 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #167 of 6,179
just got my GeekOut (GO450) but no joy here.

config:
Nexus tablet with latest android OS, latest UAPP, OTG cable to GO450.

result:  USB device not found when i try to play music via GO450.
two lights are on (44.1 and dsd)

same config works fine with meridian explorer dac.

is this a known GO problem or do i have settings/sequencing wrong?
anyone got this working with UAPP and nexus tablet?

thanks.

edit:  possibly a power drain issue?  i've seen a few references to that, so it would be useful to know if i can solve this with a powered hub or OTG-Y cable with separate power,
or if the problem is more fundamental.

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #168 of 6,179
For Geek Out I use this sequence for my Note 3

1. Insert OTG
2. Insert GO
3. Insert plug on 47Ohm (NOT 0.47 Ohm it gives me High Power error)
4. *Play a song using stock, Neutron, Poweramp or other player and exit
5. Use UAPP.

Note:
a. I use #4 for Note 3. Its not needed on my Note 10.1 (2014) and Tab S 8.4 LTE
b. All are using Android 4.4.2

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #169 of 6,179
For Geek Out I use this sequence for my Note 3

1. Insert OTG
2. Insert GO
3. Insert plug on 47Ohm (NOT 0.47 Ohm it gives me High Power error)
4. *Play a song using stock, Neutron, Poweramp or other player and exit
5. Use UAPP.

Note:
a. I use #4 for Note 3. Its not needed on my Note 10.1 (2014) and Tab S 8.4 LTE
b. All are using Android 4.4.2

fails for me.
i still get the same failure (no usb device seen by uapp)
44.1k and DSD lights are both on.

nexus 7 (2013 version) with android 4.4.4

any clues in the lights that go on?

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #170 of 6,179
Got the Tab S 10.5 working with the Burson Conductor, it doesn't need UAPP, it works with any music app via USB it seems. But every now and then I get a dropout/stutter regardless of the player used so I tried UAPP and so far there have been no dropouts. Does UAPP support replaygain? Can't see that option anywhere, its a must have feature for me.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #172 of 6,179
  I've been experimenting recently with the trial version of UAPP - in particular selecting folders to play but I find that it will only play one track and then stops. Can anyone advise whether this is just a limitation of the trial version ?

I just downloaded the lite version ( trial ? ) of ArkMC and made a playlist to play through UAPP, thinking that may solve 2 problems ( getting music files off a server and playing a playlist without having to select each track ) but although I got it working, it still stops after each track !

how do you set it up with UAPP?

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #173 of 6,179
qafro:
 how do you set it up with UAPP?

Just got back from holiday.
I'm trying to remember what I did - it was a while ago ! I believe I made a playlist in ArkMC and used a long press to select UAPP as the app for playback. However, I believe that although Davy has sorted the original problem of the trial version only playing one track, that will not apply to ArkMC - in other words, it will only play one track at a time ( but I have not tried lately ! ) Hope that helps.

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #175 of 6,179
Thanks for this great app. I have bought it, but was slightly disappointed by the fact that it can only shuffle play within one directory over the network. If it could shuffle among all sub-directories (as Neutron does) then I could actually use it. Hopefully that's not too hard a feature to implement. I'm looking forward to finally replacing Neutron.

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #176 of 6,179
  Thanks for this great app. I have bought it, but was slightly disappointed by the fact that it can only shuffle play within one directory over the network. If it could shuffle among all sub-directories (as Neutron does) then I could actually use it. Hopefully that's not too hard a feature to implement. I'm looking forward to finally replacing Neutron.

Next release will have it.

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #178 of 6,179
Latest version of USB Audio Player PRO: 1.4.0 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/5655#post_11034718
"
* Added Party Shuffle by pressing the Shuffle button twice or choosing 'Party shuffle' by long-tapping a folder in 'Local folder/network'. This plays a random selection of all your songs in the media database or from all subdirectories of the selected directory for folder/network playback.
* Local folder and network selection is now similar to artist/album selection, showing album art when available.
* Reduced time to start playback when streaming from network.
* Moved some network actions to a background thread.
* Added preference setting for currently playing list view transparency.
* Solved an issue which prevented DAC's to be detected on certain devices like the Nexus 9.
* Rotating the screen while in network selection mode caused a crash. Solved.
* Moving a song after the currently playing item position would not play that song after the currently playing item had finished. Solved.
* Scrolling the current playlist when re-arranging songs was too slow on higher resolution screens. Solved.
* Solved crash on pause/stop when changing to alt setting 0 failed."

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #179 of 6,179
Does GeekOut DAC work now? (Nexus 9 item)

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #180 of 6,179
hey Davey 

In folder view I have 4kb named files for each song in an album , which I have to scroll down through to get to the flac files in the folder for the album. 

Im not sure if it's just the ripping software I used but when I hook the sd card up to my pc i don't see these 4kb files. 

Any way to have a filter toggle for folder view which can turn off folder view showing these files? Poweramp uses folder view and I never
have seen these files ...but obviously I no longer use poweramp :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back