USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 13, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #181 of 6,178
  hey Davey 

In folder view I have 4kb named files for each song in an album , which I have to scroll down through to get to the flac files in the folder for the album. 

Im not sure if it's just the ripping software I used but when I hook the sd card up to my pc i don't see these 4kb files. 

Any way to have a filter toggle for folder view which can turn off folder view showing these files? Poweramp uses folder view and I never
have seen these files ...but obviously I no longer use poweramp :) 

Can you tell me how these files are called please?

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #182 of 6,178
Ok np! Will rewrite file names as I see them exactly for one track I have called Lamptest

1) problem file - 4kb in size 

"._1-Lamptest.flac"

2) actual flac file 

"1-Lamptest.flac"

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #183 of 6,178
  Ok np! Will rewrite file names as I see them exactly for one track I have called Lamptest

1) problem file - 4kb in size 

"._1-Lamptest.flac"

2) actual flac file 

"1-Lamptest.flac"

Ah, files starting with a dot are actually hidden files. I'll hide them as well in next update.

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #186 of 6,178
Thanks Davey ! 

Have you anyone telling you also, that with an old EQ setting turned back on at next playback a sudden large distorted blip is heard before the EQ kicks in? 
surprising enough for me to worry about damaging my iems or my ears. 

THanks 

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #187 of 6,178

1.4.2 with hiding of the dot files is uploaded and should be available any minute.

whoa, I was getting this too with my .aiff files, tons of duplicate file names in folder view.  May have to uninstall and reinstall the new version.  

Now if I can only get files above 48khz to stop popping and clicking at low levels like they are vinyl rips??  Tried the most often suggested settings like Force 1 packet, usb tweak 1, and lower buffer size.  These did not cure.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #188 of 6,178
  whoa, I was getting this too with my .aiff files, tons of duplicate file names in folder view.  May have to uninstall and reinstall the new version.  

Now if I can only get files above 48khz to stop popping and clicking at low levels like they are vinyl rips??  Tried the most often suggested settings like Force 1 packet, usb tweak 1, and lower buffer size.  These did not cure.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

No need to uninstall, just install the new version. Please contact us by email (not this website's email) for your other problems.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #190 of 6,178
@Davey,

At yesterdays NY-area head-fi meet (in Stamford, CT) there were two setups with UAPP.

Woo Audio had UAPP running on a Samsung, digital out to their (believe it or not) portable, battery powered TUBE'd DAC (itsy bitsy russian tubes).
I also had a setup with a Nexus 7, UAPP and a Meridian Explorer DAC to Sennheiser 560s.

Cheers

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #191 of 6,178
Great news folks!
Lollipop, aka android 5.0, has finally arrived on my nexus 7.

UAPP now works with the geekout DAC, while it couldn't before!
The geekout also works without uapp, using plain vanilla lollipop, but apparently only 16/44 audio.
Still need uapp for higher rez files.

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #192 of 6,178
Verified can play hit rez 24/96 to geekout with uapp

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #194 of 6,178
  Thanks Davey ! 

Have you anyone telling you also, that with an old EQ setting turned back on at next playback a sudden large distorted blip is heard before the EQ kicks in? 
surprising enough for me to worry about damaging my iems or my ears. 

THanks 

I usually can reproduce it only one time and no matter what I do after that I cannot make it happen. Do you also have it when just playing a song and enabling/disabling the EQ a couple of times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back