USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #136 of 6,187
My Samsung Note 3 feeding Chord Hugo Dop DSD over micro USB by UAPP v1.1.9, Bravo!
L3000.gif

http://youtu.be/KuBDw0ETTK0

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #137 of 6,187
I've been using this for quite some time and it's pretty fantastic. In my opinion, it has the best sound quality out of any available Android player.

However, I have one question: is there anyway to make the Media Type > Media Selection choice a saved selection? I've found it pretty irritating to have to reselect either Media database or Folder playback each time I want to switch artists or albums. 

If it's not possible to do so in the current app, a toggle-able option in the application settings in a future version would be a rather nice addition. (Because of this one annoyance, I've taken to using Neutron again as my primary player despite preferring the sound quality and USB functionality of UAPP. If this were changed, I'd readily go back to UAPP.)

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #138 of 6,187
However, I have one question: is there anyway to make the Media Type > Media Selection choice a saved selection? I've found it pretty irritating to have to reselect either Media database or Folder playback each time I want to switch artists or albums. 

If it's not possible to do so in the current app, a toggle-able option in the application settings in a future version would be a rather nice addition. (Because of this one annoyance, I've taken to using Neutron again as my primary player despite preferring the sound quality and USB functionality of UAPP. If this were changed, I'd readily go back to UAPP.)

Yes, I really hope this functionality is prioritized. It's otherwise a great player.

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #139 of 6,187
Aug 1, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #140 of 6,187
Yes, I really hope this functionality is prioritized. It's otherwise a great player.

I'm open for good suggestions. If one would go straight to the last selected option, then one would need an option to get back somehow sometime to the media type selection screen. And we cannot simply add a button somewhere since this all has to function on low res screens too.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #141 of 6,187

I'm open for good suggestions. If one would go straight to the last selected option, then one would need an option to get back somehow sometime to the media type selection screen. And we cannot simply add a button somewhere since this all has to function on low res screens too.

Couldn't an option get added to the option screen to toggle the selection screen on or off? That won't affect the low-res device as it won't be on screen all the time.

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #143 of 6,187
I might be misunderstanding, but it seems like what AustinValentine is wanting to do could just be added to a Settings submenu or something without taking up screen real estate at all, couldn't it? Like three radio buttons for default view, Folder Playback, Media Database, or Ask Me Each Time? 

My apologies if I've misunderstood the question, but this makes sense to me! :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #144 of 6,187
  I might be misunderstanding, but it seems like what AustinValentine is wanting to do could just be added to a Settings submenu or something without taking up screen real estate at all, couldn't it? Like three radio buttons for default view, Folder Playback, Media Database, or Ask Me Each Time? 

My apologies if I've misunderstood the question, but this makes sense to me! :)

This is exactly what I was suggesting. Takes no real estate, leaves all current functionality in place, and provides the option to remove the prompt screen. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #145 of 6,187

This is exactly what I was suggesting. Takes no real estate, leaves all current functionality in place, and provides the option to remove the prompt screen. 

Although that's a poor design choice, I guess considering the lack of time for a complete overhaul, it might do for the moment.

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #147 of 6,187

I think we have a better option now:

It's a sliding panel, so the right part could slide left to fill the screen if you want. And the left item is remembered for when you re-enter the screen of course.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #149 of 6,187

I think we have a better option now:

It's a sliding panel, so the right part could slide left to fill the screen if you want. And the left item is remembered for when you re-enter the screen of course.

Beautiful! Much more elegant solution. That's great work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back