Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #3,362 of 3,931
As I understand it, those outside of Australia ship directly to UMLab in China even if you go through UMGloblal (at least that was my experience). Like PretentiousFood, I took lost a package sending it using my national postal service. If given a second chance, I would've definitely shipped using a more reliable courier.

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #3,363 of 3,931
Quote:
As I understand it, those outside of Australia ship directly to UMLab in China even if you go through UMGloblal (at least that was my experience). Like PretentiousFood, I took lost a package sending it using my national postal service. If given a second chance, I would've definitely shipped using a more reliable courier.

The UM global order page says to ship impressions to their Australian address so I assume it's the same for reshells.

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #3,364 of 3,931
I sent my Miracle back to UM China THREE times via USPS flat rate priority.. uninsured & undeclared.  
eek.gif

Didn't have one issue.. they arrived safely all three times.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #3,365 of 3,931
Quote:
I sent my Miracle back to UM China THREE times via USPS flat rate priority.. uninsured & undeclared.  
eek.gif

Didn't have one issue.. they arrived safely all three times.

You are lucky i guess, i have heard horror stories about USPS. Anyway, whatever the situation, if you don't want to risk say a loss of a few hundred, it always helps to pay premium for FedEx.

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #3,366 of 3,931
Quote:

May I know an approximate turn-around time if I were to ship it tomorrow to UM global via USPS?

It took me about a month and a half for my impressions to arrive but they were on vacation at the time, so they only opened the box after two months. It was another 5 weeks before I got the customs back.

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #3,367 of 3,931
Quote:

It took me about a month and a half for my impressions to arrive but they were on vacation at the time, so they only opened the box after two months. It was another 5 weeks before I got the customs back.

News to us (UMGlobal)!  Can you flick us an email with your order ID?  We've never closed the office for more than a week since we opened!

Should take about a week to get to us depending on which service you use and we are currently freighting to UMLab weekly.  Add roughly 5 days to what you would expect to wait if you couriered them directly to UMLab.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #3,368 of 3,931
Quote:
Quote:

News to us (UMGlobal)!  Can you flick us an email with your order ID?  We've never closed the office for more than a week since we opened!

Should take about a week to get to us depending on which service you use and we are currently freighting to UMLab weekly.  Add roughly 5 days to what you would expect to wait if you couriered them directly to UMLab.

Are you guys able to do original sockets? I looked on uniquemelodyshop and that wasn't an option. Want to use the original Westone sockets. Still deciding.. pretty hard.

Edit: Shipped it out via EMS directly to UMLab. We'll see how it goes but "guaranteed" delivery date is July 25th. Cost was $42 so not bad.

Edit2: China is whack. And I'm part Chinese :/

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #3,369 of 3,931
I just got mine back after about 4 weeks, but they were waiting at the shop where I had the impressions done for the last week. The fit is good, though the left side is a bit on the snug side - not painfully so, but it feels different from my right. I'm not happy with the color choice I made at all - one red and one blue face plate with green shells. I don't know what I was thinking at the time...but, at least they fit well. I haven't had a chance to get acquainted with them because of a work party tonight - I'll give my 2 cents in a few days or so. Aside from the colors, they look well made.

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #3,370 of 3,931
Quote:
I just got mine back after about 4 weeks, but they were waiting at the shop where I had the impressions done for the last week. The fit is good, though the left side is a bit on the snug side - not painfully so, but it feels different from my right. I'm not happy with the color choice I made at all - one red and one blue face plate with green shells. I don't know what I was thinking at the time...but, at least they fit well. I haven't had a chance to get acquainted with them because of a work party tonight - I'll give my 2 cents in a few days or so. Aside from the colors, they look well made.

The blue faceplate contrasts well with the lime green shell. 

Not the red though... 

Jul 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #3,371 of 3,931
I see you have the same icky green shells...I don't think it's such a big deal since the fit is good. I might post a picture so people can see the quality of the work - I think they did a fine job.

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #3,372 of 3,931
Has anybody ever had an issue with an iem cable jack? It's real tough to get the 2 prongs into the jack on the left earpiece while it's perfect on the right side...this could be a problem for me. The same thing happened in the shop with the shop's identical iem cable when I tested them before taking them home. I actually managed to slightly bend one of the prongs on my cable (I had to use pliers to straighten it out) the first time I tried to put it in the left earpiece. I managed to get it in there, but it wasn't easy at all and this may be a recurring issue if I buy custom cables. It seemed like the socket was possibly the wrong size, like they were a fraction too wide for the pins.

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #3,373 of 3,931
I sent off an email to UM to request that they fix the socket. I don't know if they will have to start from scratch, but I just can't get the pins in the socket without really straining hard and even then, it only goes down halfway. Maybe they used the wrong size for the left or something. The shop I used suggested that I file the pin down with a nail file, but I don't think I should have to do any DIY work for it to fit well - it should fit perfectly like the right earpiece. I get the vibe that they don't want to be involved in any build quality issues and I don't really blame them. They just took the impressions and placed the order for me. I hope UM will deal with me personally on this and not insist that the shop act as intermediary...

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #3,374 of 3,931
Is yours a recessed socket? Be very careful with the socket. My SE530x8 recessed socket actually collapsed (cos the shell is hollow). Stephen suggested not plugging in/out often.

Jul 21, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #3,375 of 3,931
My merlin sockets are pretty tight but I don't think it's the pins in mine, just the recessed portion of the socket. What colour combination is the side with the bad socket? If they need to completely redo it they might be able to change the colours for you :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back