Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #3,376 of 3,931
Quote:
I see you have the same icky green shells...I don't think it's such a big deal since the fit is good. I might post a picture so people can see the quality of the work - I think they did a fine job.

Lol, i actually like my green shells :p Would'nt call them icky. IMO they look quite nice :)

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #3,377 of 3,931
I thought they'd be more of an emerald green, but it's not a big issue. The sockets are flush, actually. I was told they'd be compatible with more custom cables that way.

Jul 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #3,378 of 3,931
UM has told me that I have to go through the dealer that I used and that they don't have my personal information on hand.

Jul 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #3,379 of 3,931
If your socket is too tight, then for goodness sake don't force the plug into it because those acrylic IEM shells are very brittle and you'll end up with a crack in them. You'd be better to either carefully take a scalpel to the socket to widen it, or take a scalpel (or sandpaper) to the plug instead and whittle it down a little so it fits more easily into the socket without strain. Ignore this advice at your own peril! 
wink_face.gif

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #3,380 of 3,931
I'm not going to mod it. I'm going to send it back until they get it right. If I mess with it and it shorts out or something stops working, they would be able to tell me that it was my fault and hence not covered under warranty.

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #3,381 of 3,931
Quote:

I'm not going to mod it. I'm going to send it back until they get it right. If I mess with it and it shorts out or something stops working, they would be able to tell me that it was my fault and hence not covered under warranty.

Well, just so long as you're not tempted to force it in in the meantime, that's fair enough.

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #3,383 of 3,931
The pins have worked their way down a bit further, though not flush, and the gap is about 1-2mm. I've decided against getting a repair for the time being - the connection is secure and it's damn close to flush. I think they may eventually loosen up enough to be inserted completely, at least that's my hope. UM was very responsive with all of my questions about this issue and I can say that I feel like they treated me very well. The 1964Qs are definitely bass-forward CIEMs - I've had to eq some bass out of many tracks on the J3, so it's safe to say that I am no basshead.

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #3,385 of 3,931
Quote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to have just the sockets replaced on my UE-18 remoulds?  They seem to be suffering from oxidisation and keep turning my clear cables green?!?!?

I don't think it's the sockets that are causing your cables to turn green but rather the oxidation of the cables themselves...

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #3,386 of 3,931
Quote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to have just the sockets replaced on my UE-18 remoulds?  They seem to be suffering from oxidisation and keep turning my clear cables green?!?!?

Oxidization is an unavoidable part of the stock cables. If you want to avoid it there's aftermarket cables you can buy that will maintain their original colour such as Beat Audio.

I got mine from custom-iem.com.
I find it to be a HUGE improvement from my original. Not in terms of sound (I don't much buy into the whole cable thing) but for comfort and ergonomics it's fantastic.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #3,387 of 3,931
For anyone who's shipped, does UM contact us when they receive the package usually? USPS says it was delivered to CHINA PEOPLES REP yesterday but I don't know if that means it was delivered to the actual destination or not. Sounds like it but if so, surprised China doesn't tell us where it was delivered.

And seems like I was charged another $10 as I was told with the old order form that shipping was $10. The new order form shows $169 + free shipping. Oh well.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #3,388 of 3,931
I ordered through a shop, so I'm not sure about that. You could send an email to UM Sales and ask them to confirm when they've received your impressions.

Jul 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #3,389 of 3,931
Anyone in the U.S shipped to their Address.?
What service did you use.;FEDEX, UPS, USPS??? How much did it cost. and how long ?
Might ship my reshell 1964T to them. Since they get high praises.
Im just worried about the shipping price

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #3,390 of 3,931
Not getting a response from Stephen.. Seems like he got mad because I misread the info so not sure of the status of my items right now. Reshelling Westone ES3X.

@above

I shipped via USPS using EMS and insured it for full price to China but apparently because of my shipping situation I was supposed to go through Australia because of China's tax import fees. Misread it though so still shipped straight to China so now I'm currently wondering the status of my item. I'll give it a few days then email again if he doesn't respond and report back here. My fault though.

By the way it took 6 days. Guaranteed 7 but yeah arrived on the 6th, though it says it was delivered to CHINA PEOPLES REP so I don't know if it actually got to the company or not.

Edit: Just received an email. Was received and it is being put with the next batch of orders, which I have no idea what that means exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back