Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #3,391 of 3,931
Quote:
Not getting a response from Stephen.. Seems like he got mad because I misread the info so not sure of the status of my items right now. Reshelling Westone ES3X.

@above

I shipped via USPS using EMS and insured it for full price to China but apparently because of my shipping situation I was supposed to go through Australia because of China's tax import fees. Misread it though so still shipped straight to China so now I'm currently wondering the status of my item. I'll give it a few days then email again if he doesn't respond and report back here. My fault though.

By the way it took 6 days. Guaranteed 7 but yeah arrived on the 6th, though it says it was delivered to CHINA PEOPLES REP so I don't know if it actually got to the company or not.

Edit: Just received an email. Was received and it is being put with the next batch of orders, which I have no idea what that means exactly.

From what I've read they tend to ship a load out at once to save on costs.

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #3,393 of 3,931
Quote:
There ya go.

Quote:
anyone got a standard response graph for the TF10?

i've just received pics from UM of my TF11 (or TF10x4 as they like to call it) and the response graph, so would like to compare
regular_smile .gif

If the TF10x4 upgrade adds a mid driver, how come the FR graph becomes more V shaped? The TF10x4 upgrade adds more presence to the mids right?

EDIT: right now I have my eyes set on the TF10x4... now I just have to get a TF10.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #3,394 of 3,931
anyone knows the price list for titanium faceplate.?
i dont know which company to go too. UM or 1964, 1964 reshell is 200$ and in the U.S so shipping to them would cost like 5$ with tracking plus they do rush service and I can get these before my vacation at end of augsut if shipped this week.
but with UM in China, their Reshell is 170$ but then again im looking at spending more than 40$ via FedEx or UPS.Plus i need to have it insured. ughhh tough decision.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #3,395 of 3,931
I would go with 1964Ears if time is an issue - UM is at the mercy of delays in customs, so though I can recommend UM based on my recent experience, you're better off with 1964Ears imo. Keep in mind recessed sockets are free with UM and upcharged with 1964Ears, $25.00 I believe. I don't know if anybody does a titanium faceplate, but some form of metal/alloy faceplate is quite possibly available with one, the other, or both. They'll say so on their websites if it's an option.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #3,396 of 3,931
yeah I wanted UM for their craftsmanship and titanium faceplate.
But i guess yeah 1964 is where i have to go for now... since UM doesnt do rush service, and I would like to fix up my 1964 seal before I leave

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #3,397 of 3,931
So finally I got my SE530x8 after 4 months for retuning. My Snoopy shrank in size but after being away from my hands for so long,I'm not gonna complain.

Original SE530x8 v1.0

After retune, SE530x8 v2.0

Here's the FR chart before and after retuning. Basically I asked for :-

[size=10pt]1) Raising the 20Hz by 5-10dB[/size]
[size=10pt]    Current: 100dB[/size][size=10pt]          New: 115-120dB[/size]
[size=10pt]2) Raising the 10kHz 6-7dB[/size]
[size=10pt]    Current 10kHz: 96dB  New: 102-103dB[/size]

What's the verdict after the retune? Upon first listening, I felt the bass was missing. However I had been using my FitEar To Go! 334 almost exclusively for the past few weeks which has quite a different sound signature that I've become accustomed to. After giving it some time listening, it actually sounded rather clear & transparent in the mids & highs.

So far (except for my Snoopy shrinking) I'm liking it very much!

Big thanks to Stephen Guo for this.

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #3,398 of 3,931
Quote:
Not getting a response from Stephen.. Seems like he got mad because I misread the info so not sure of the status of my items right now. Reshelling Westone ES3X.

@above

I shipped via USPS using EMS and insured it for full price to China but apparently because of my shipping situation I was supposed to go through Australia because of China's tax import fees. Misread it though so still shipped straight to China so now I'm currently wondering the status of my item. I'll give it a few days then email again if he doesn't respond and report back here. My fault though.

By the way it took 6 days. Guaranteed 7 but yeah arrived on the 6th, though it says it was delivered to CHINA PEOPLES REP so I don't know if it actually got to the company or not.

Edit: Just received an email. Was received and it is being put with the next batch of orders, which I have no idea what that means exactly.

Maybe the email didn't go through? I don't get mad that easily. 

=)

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #3,400 of 3,931
Still waiting for a reply from UMAus... 3 days already. I hope it doesn't take too long so I can send my IEMs to get reshelled/upgraded soon. I get replies very inconsistently, sometimes within hours, other times it takes days.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #3,401 of 3,931
^^Same here, intermittent response. Haven't got reply to my 2 emails.

I do wish they were a bit more responsive like MEElec support which is quite fantastic.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3,402 of 3,931
Flick us a PM with your email address.  Our spam filters are pretty tight.  Please also do bear in mind, we don't work weekends :)

Quote:
Still waiting for a reply from UMAus... 3 days already. I hope it doesn't take too long so I can send my IEMs to get reshelled/upgraded soon. I get replies very inconsistently, sometimes within hours, other times it takes days.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #3,403 of 3,931
I take that back because 2 of the 3 days were the weekend and as expected they had a backlog. Today I got replies so fast it was practically IM. Incredible CS :3

Sending off my impressions + IEMs tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get my sparkly LW3x4's (TWFK + 2 CI).

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #3,404 of 3,931
Hey all.
I have a pair of UM2 RC. Does any of you have experience with the upgrade 2 to 3 driver upgrade from UM? How do they sound?
I was looking at getting the 1964-D. I sent my impressions off to them, but the impressions need to be redone(bad impressions from the audiologist).
So now that have to go back and have them do a new set of impressions I'm starting to waffle a bit and am looking at UM reshells...

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #3,405 of 3,931
Got my Merlins after not that long at all, I imagine they are clearing the backlog after the move.
Very happy with them, of

course the sound quality is exceptional clear and  clean with emphasis on bass... perfect. The Headstage really brings out aspects of the music I didnt hear before.  thanks to HFi I would never have known about portable amps to pair with the Merlins. Thanks guys. and thanks Stephen.. really good service start to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back