Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #3,331 of 3,931
Looks like I will be going with Stephen then :) Emailed him not long ago too and responded well within a few hours. Thanks.

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #3,332 of 3,931
Quote:
Looks like I will be going with Stephen then :) Emailed him not long ago too and responded well within a few hours. Thanks.

Yes Stephen is always prompt in his replies and has remained so even 7 months after I received my Merlin. Hope everything goes smoothly and that the wait won't be too long!

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #3,333 of 3,931
I wish I knew that UM Aus send all impressions to China, it would save me some time...
UM Aus got my impressions and earphones on Jun-12, and on Jul-02 I got an email advising I have to wait 4 weeks more

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #3,335 of 3,931
Quote:
I wonder if UMglobal have a different team, as UMAus seem pretty slow with communication and action.

Maybe its better to send off and deal with UMglobal instead ?

I think they are one and the same. If you order through UMglobal you''ll still be sending your impressions to UMAus in melbourne and I'm sure they'd still charge you the Aus price (cuz you live in Sydney).
There is also custom-iem.com. There are advantages to sticking with UMAus/Global though as you will only ever have to send stuff to melbourne and never to china directly. You won't have to personally deal with customs too. It only costs $6 or so to send express to Melbourne.

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #3,336 of 3,931
I wish I knew that UM Aus send all impressions to China, it would save me some time...
UM Aus got my impressions and earphones on Jun-12, and on Jul-02 I got an email advising I have to wait 4 weeks more

We like to set the expectations low because we're relying on FedEX and international customs depending on your country to get your order through.
Example being, we had some IEM's sit in Indonesian customs for 4 weeks before they decided to send them back to us in China and then we had to re-send them. Though that isn't our fault, if we told our clients they would be back earlier, it would've been very disappointing and we hate to disappoint.
None the less, if your IEM's arrived on 12 Jun, they would've been dispatched to UMLab on the 20th of June (1st and 3rd Friday) and should be due OUT to you no later than 24 July, 4 weeks from their estimated arrival at UMLab.
If you do have any specific questions arising from your quoted turn around time, please feel free to email us about them, we'll do all we can to help explain and set your expectations in the right place.

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #3,337 of 3,931
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver.  Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock?  If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #3,338 of 3,931
Just got my impressions done this morning and dropped them off at the UMAUS office. Previously had the Shure SE530 and now going for the UM Miracles.
I'm under the impression that there will be an estimated 4-6 week wait before I get them.
Hopefully my payment has gone through and that the girl at the front desk has handed it to the UM people so they can be sent off faster.

Jul 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #3,339 of 3,931
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver.  Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock?  If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.

We're biased but the TF10x6 is very very good. TWFK's + bass driver are ok... but just ok. Nothing on even a TF10x4.

Jul 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #3,340 of 3,931
We're biased but the TF10x6 is very very good. TWFK's + bass driver are ok... but just ok. Nothing on even a TF10x4.

Yeah I think the TF10 reshell plus drivers is the way to go and the 6 driver set up is what I think I'm going to do, a 6 BA CIEM under $500 is to good to pass up.

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #3,341 of 3,931
Does anyone know the cheapest way to ship to China? USPS is quoting $17 for a small flat rate box shipped internationally.

If I do go that route, does it matter if I make the box bulge a bit? The Westone case is like 1-7/8" high while the box is 1-5/8" high. Not sure if it's risky and/or USPS cares or not.

I thought shipping was covered for reshells. Sad it's not :/ already owe my mother $120 hahaha.

Jul 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #3,343 of 3,931
That sucks hahaha.

I'm about ready to ship it but do you guys think this is sufficient enough to ship in a small flat rate box?  Along with bubble wrap of course. It's a small Shure clamshell case. IEM + impressions fit pretty snugly inside. Not sure if it'd like get crushed or something while shipping.

Reshelling them into translucent black shell + opaque white faceplate :) Unless I can find a color that goes well with opaque black as I kind of want that since it looks more professional. Should I get the UM logo on it, even though it's a Westone ES3X? I find their logo nice but it seems odd, and it'd seem like it'd also make it impossible to sell again if I were to ever upgrade.

And does anyone have any yellowing problem with the clear shells? If not I will probably actually go for clear shells + red/blue tips + opaque black faceplates.. I read that UM doesn't have that problem with their type of acrylic but I just want to make sure. Like in the ES3X above, the vinyl is literally yellowing (I mean, deep yellow. Like yellow-orange) probably from moisture or wax, which is sort of disgusting.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #3,344 of 3,931

Yesterday I got my reshelled TF10!
Turnaround time was excellent, UM Australia received my impressions on 12 of June and one month later I had my new shiny earphones
UM Aus guys were extremely helpful and answered all my questions promptly

Thank you guys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back