Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #7,876 of 9,690
Quote:
Anyone use the furutech cable with the tf10. I havent heard much about thwm but picked one up cheap wondered if anyone had any expierence with it.

Is that the one with the in-line mic and button for answering phone calls? If so I was wondering if that button allows you to skip forwards and backwards on your music tracks.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #7,877 of 9,690
I have the Furutech cable from Sunricky, it's quality. The jack is too big for my phone case, and it's not quite as soft as the other cable I have from him, but it also seems more durable and overall I have zero complaints. Sunricky's cables seem reliable and generally made from quality materials; the only anomaly has been the plastic covering that goes over the y split coming off, but it doesn't really do anything so who cares?
Quote:
Anyone use the furutech cable with the tf10. I havent heard much about thwm but picked one up cheap wondered if anyone had any expierence with it.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #7,878 of 9,690
I received my new pair of TF10 yesterday, :D Couldn't live without them after selling my first pair a few months ago, so I'm back and enjoying them completely with Colorfly CK4 and C&C BH amp. I have a Dark Lord cable here (which I've had before) but after A/Bing it beside my Westone 6N-OFHC silver plated cable, I could hear Dark Lords limitations.

This time round I want to milk my TF10 for everything they have, so I'm going to spend a little more then possibly again, but for now I'll be grabbing the Triple-fi version of 6N-OFHC then go from there...

Looks like this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6N-OFHC-Silver-Plated-upgrade-cable-for-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-5EB-/261183403579?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3ccfbe763b&_uhb=1

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #7,879 of 9,690
What differences do you detect with the 6N OFHC cable?
Quote:
I received my new pair of TF10 yesterday,
biggrin.gif
Couldn't live without them after selling my first pair a few months ago, so I'm back and enjoying them completely with Colorfly CK4 and C&C BH amp. I have a Dark Lord cable here (which I've had before) but after A/Bing it beside my Westone 6N OFHC silver plated cable, I could hear Dark Lords limitations.

This time round I want to milk my TF10 for everything they have, so I'm going to spend a little more then possibly again, but for now I'll be grabbing the Triple fi version of 6N OFHC then go from there...

Looks like this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6N-OFHC-Silver-Plated-upgrade-cable-for-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-5EB-/261183403579?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3ccfbe763b&_uhb=1

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #7,880 of 9,690
What differences do you detect with the 6N OFHC cable?

Well, I can't try the Westone 6N-OFHC cable on TF10 because of the pins, but I can try Dark Lord on my Rhapsodio RDB+ V1. (which takes Westone cables) The 6N-OFHC is much cleaner, crisper, makes the Dark Lord cable sound muffled. Much better clarity and the ability to hear instruments separately, like it cleans up the layering and sound stage widens, you gain more air,

I've just ordered one for TF10. :D I'm expecting good results and shall report it. The cable is worth $60 for the SQ alone IMO and looks really cool in real life, but there's some microphonics present and I may not recommend to people on the go, although has settled some what from out of the bag since being curled up and relaxed. The cable won't make much noise if you shake it around due to wearing over the ear, but if you scratch your nail up and down the cable it runs straight up to the earpieces.

It's a nice braid neatly done, gives the IEM much more eye candy appeal too.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #7,881 of 9,690
Quote:
I have the Furutech cable from Sunricky, it's quality. The jack is too big for my phone case, and it's not quite as soft as the other cable I have from him, but it also seems more durable and overall I have zero complaints. Sunricky's cables seem reliable and generally made from quality materials; the only anomaly has been the plastic covering that goes over the y split coming off, but it doesn't really do anything so who cares?

do you feel the cable is more for aesthetics while maintaining better attributes over stock as far as ergonomics ? or do you feel that it does incorp better sound quality?

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #7,882 of 9,690
Honestly I haven't A/B'd them but I can say there are no dramatic differences in sound between stock, vi, and the two Sunricky cables I have.
Quote:
do you feel the cable is more for aesthetics while maintaining better attributes over stock as far as ergonomics ? or do you feel that it does incorp better sound quality?

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #7,883 of 9,690
I must say I agree with Gilly. Because we communicate using words on a forum often a percentage cannot be placed on those words meaning. Cable changes to me are rather subtle, and best described along the percentage of changes when tip rolling in variation. But I do hear changes, switching from 8 braid copper to 6N-OFHC silver plated on my hybrid RDB+ being the most noticeable so far. I don't want anyone to think some magical pixie dust happens when switching out a cable, (although it is possible IMO) though more a subtle improvement is to expected.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #7,885 of 9,690
Quote:

Personally, a new cable was only in consideration for me because my original cable was too stiff and plasticky and ended up developing a short. I don't believe in cable magic resulting in improved sound quality.

But that's just me.

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #7,887 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Need an amp? No... It definitely helps, though!

Would anybody agree in saying that the Triple.fi's benefit more from an amp than the Super.fi's? ... That seems to be my impression.

Also, if you can spring for it, Fetou, I highly recommend the Triple.fi's over the Super.fi's. The difference is just huge.

I disagree. The difference is significant, but not huge, IMHO. Also, they both work well with iPhones and iPods and neither "needs" an amp more than the other. I use an iPhone on the road and a Woo WA6 at home.

Dave

I think so too, the iPhone is one of the best TF10 sources, because of the stunning low output impedance, even many amps dont reach that point. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #7,888 of 9,690
Quote:
I think so too, the iPhone is one of the best TF10 sources, because of the stunning low output impedance, even many amps dont reach that point. 

I like using a E07K portable amp with my TF10s and my iPhone (via an L9 adapter) in order to get that dynamic punch of the bass well and above the rumble of the road noise when travelling. You just don't hear that with the iPone's amp alone. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #7,889 of 9,690
If you guys would like to get the most out of your TF10, this little $100 amp makes them sing like no tomorrow.

The amp has a built in bass boost switch which really brings out the best of TF10's bass texture and separation from the mids and highs. Also, clarity and detial produced using this amp is rather special, will surely show you what they're really capable of. TF10 respond really well to EQ, so the soundstage switch and bass boost work overly well on the amp. It runs for 80+ hours a charge and is no bigger than a credit card. Be sure to check the members impressions below the mini review too.

Check it out, I highly recommend it for this IEM.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #7,890 of 9,690

just got my furutech cable in, i got this off ebay for 13.00. the ergonomics is really good imo better than stock, its alot lighter, theres no memory wire however the over the ears plastic molds are in excellent position and hold the earpieces in secure.

at first listen i did notice that the bass boost was definitly improved over the stock cable. i actually found myself checking my jds amp to see if the bass boost was on of course it wasnt and i was suprised at how great the bass was improved for such little money. bass seems tighter, punchier, and well rounded over stock.. 

take it with a grain of salt you know how ppl feel about cable improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back