Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #7,891 of 9,690
looking for TF10 used in great shape, willing to sell PM me. Thx

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #7,892 of 9,690
Not sure if this picture has been posted before, but here's what's inside your TF10 shells.

And a guide from Logitech on replacing / removing your cables.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12329/~/replacing-the-cable-on-my-triplefi-10

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #7,893 of 9,690
thats a excellent guide. the gentle rocking and slightly pulling is the method i use on my shures and tf10. i just recently upgraded my tf10 cable and know some of the issues that others have had with the tf10s coming apart when taking the cable off, it makes for a nerve racking event lol....all went well though

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #7,894 of 9,690
thats a excellent guide. the gentle rocking and slightly pulling is the method i use on my shures and tf10. i just recently upgraded my tf10 cable and know some of the issues that others have had with the tf10s coming apart when taking the cable off, it makes for a nerve racking event lol....all went well though

I agree the light wiggling and slight upward pressure is what brings the connector away. 100% it's totally nerve racking, especially knowing what can happen. I need to change my cable soon on a second pair and I'm all prepared. Less is more, slow and steady wins the race.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #7,895 of 9,690
Quote:
Not sure if this picture has been posted before, but here's what's inside your TF10 shells.

And a guide from Logitech on replacing / removing your cables.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12329/~/replacing-the-cable-on-my-triplefi-10

Hey thanks for that pic. I did always wonder what was inside my TF10s. I was suprised to see only 2 driver housings in each earphone. So is the bass/mids maybe housed together or is it the mids/highs that are combined into 1 housing?

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #7,896 of 9,690
@H20Fidelity you had long back sold your TF10 and moved to other IEM, how come you are back to TF10?

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #7,897 of 9,690
Hey thanks for that pic. I did always wonder what was inside my TF10s. I was suprised to see only 2 driver housings in each earphone. So is the bass/mids maybe housed together or is it the mids/highs that are combined into 1 housing?

As far as I'm aware that's correct the mids/highs are together in one casing with two armatures. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

@
H20Fidelity 
you had long back sold your TF10 and moved to other IEM, how come you are back to TF10?

I wanted to try again with different sources, because I've upgraded a lot of my DAP's and amps recently, which paid off for the better, I found a good price on some refurbs, plus now with UE900 released and TF10 being discontinued they're becoming a little hard to find. Looking forward to my new cable coming soon.

I don't think I will sell this pair. :p

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #7,898 of 9,690
I can't imagine selling my TF10s. Not only do i like them too much but since they're discontinued, It's going to be increasingly difficult to get a good pair at a good price should I change my mind.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #7,899 of 9,690
Quote:

AFAIK the TF10 has dual woofers for the lows and a single armature for the mids and highs.

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #7,900 of 9,690
Quote:

AFAIK the TF10 has dual woofers for the lows and a single armature for the mids and highs.

At first I thought you were joking ... "dual woofers"... no way.  I always thought the TF10s were 3-way and had a 3-way crossover. But then I zoomed up on that picture and ... it does look like the LF driver housing is made up of 2 smaller housings welded together.

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #7,901 of 9,690
I'm not sure if anyone else experiences this, but about a week ago, my left earpiece had seemed to have 'broken', i tried swapping the cables, and switching left and right, but it still seemed like the left earpiece was broken. When i turned up the volume the left earpiece seemed to distort a lot and it was a lot quieter than the other side. Out of frustration and sadness, i decided to try various things like the good old bang it to fix it (flicking the earpiece to be specific.), to my surprise it worked again.. 
This is the second time it's happened, the first time was a few months back, any ideas?

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #7,902 of 9,690
Quote:
I can't imagine selling my TF10s. Not only do i like them too much but since they're discontinued, It's going to be increasingly difficult to get a good pair at a good price should I change my mind.

i agree. the tf10 are a true Gem in the iem world. the sound is extremely hard to beat for the price.. although when they become more and more scarce the price might start going up.

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #7,904 of 9,690
Mar 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #7,905 of 9,690
When they become rare the price will go up? I think this has already happened.

I picked up mine for $90, sold them for $130, and now they are over $200 dollars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back