Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #7,846 of 9,690
Quote:
For you guys who own the TripleFi 10, could you guys do me a favor and check the 3.5mm jack for any numbers or markings? Had some problems with mine and contacted customer service. They told me there should be a PID number or some sort of code imprinted but mine is compeletely blank.

Cheers

It's on the side of the plug, it tells them the batch it was made in and thats about right. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #7,847 of 9,690
Quote:
For you guys who own the TripleFi 10, could you guys do me a favor and check the 3.5mm jack for any numbers or markings? Had some problems with mine and contacted customer service. They told me there should be a PID number or some sort of code imprinted but mine is compeletely blank.

Cheers

Yeap there is an alphanumeric code on the side of the plug. When you're reading the UE logo on the jack, it's on the left face of the plug itself. Mine says F27. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #7,848 of 9,690
Here's something you TF10 owners may find interesting......Adapters for Shure cables.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=328063747303689&set=a.256304727812925.50624.254838767959521&type=1&relevant_count=1

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #7,849 of 9,690
Quote:
Here's something you TF10 owners may find interesting......Adapters for Shure cables.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=328063747303689&set=a.256304727812925.50624.254838767959521&type=1&relevant_count=1

I dont like this idea, Shure has had issues with that type of connection becoming a weak point. I would hate to pass that along to the TF10.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #7,850 of 9,690
Yeah but the TF10 is also notorious for having sockets pull out; this could be a potential solution, as well as a way to have Shure's insanely amazing cables on the already insanely amazing TF10 
Quote:
I dont like this idea, Shure has had issues with that type of connection becoming a weak point. I would hate to pass that along to the TF10.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #7,851 of 9,690
Quote:
Yeah but the TF10 is also notorious for having sockets pull out; this could be a potential solution, as well as a way to have Shure's insanely amazing cables on the already insanely amazing TF10 

I had a socket pull out, so I know that feeling. This doesn't help in that area, anytime you need to pull something out of the TF10 earpiece you can have that issue. You could have the socket pull out trying to remove the adapter just as easily as the cable.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #7,852 of 9,690
I think it's a cool idea, but the adapter may also put more strain on the socket due to being longer. Any side to side motion over time may wear the TF10 socket loose . That's what I see when looking at the photo.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #7,853 of 9,690
Possibly a good point, but I'm more inclined to think it's the pulling cables out repeatedly that does the real damage.
Quote:
I think it's a cool idea, but the adapter may also put more strain on the socket due to being longer. Any side to side motion over time may wear the TF10 socket loose . That's what I see when looking at the photo.

Yeah, but if you're not pulling the adapter out...

I had a socket pull out, so I know that feeling. This doesn't help in that area, anytime you need to pull something out of the TF10 earpiece you can have that issue. You could have the socket pull out trying to remove the adapter just as easily as the cable.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #7,854 of 9,690
Quote:
Possibly a good point, but I'm more inclined to think it's the pulling cables out repeatedly that does the real damage.

Yeah, but if you're not pulling the adapter out...

If the adapter fits tightly you will still have the same risk. You are never going to leave the adapter or even a cable in it forever. Just taking the stock cable out to put the adapter in can cause the socket to come out. Mine did it going from the stock cable to the Fiio.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #7,855 of 9,690
Quote:

That is the first thing I thought of, its adding another piece that might not play well with the design.

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #7,856 of 9,690
I have seen / witnessed a pulled TF10 socket in the past, it's not pretty, luckily (or unluckily) it arrived to me in such condition. I could imagine that moment when you're pulling on the cable to have the socket rip out would feel terrible, possibly sticking with one for eternity! If we could some how freeze frame that moment in time capturing peoples facial expressions that very instant the socket tears out it would be an album to remember!

I find that quite funny, entertaining myself. :D :

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #7,857 of 9,690
The TF10s seem a bit source finicky to me. As far as synergy goes. Anyone else think this? They sound awesome with my Clip+ and Ele DAC, but downright veiled at times out of my E7 and HM-101.

Only recently discovered their awesome pairing with the Clip. What took me so long?

Agreed! TF10 and and the Zip Clip are excellent together. Add the Monster Super Tips (the soft silicone ones) and it's an amazing combination.

When people talk about a V shaped sound on the TF10 I often wonder what their source is (and it's impedance). The Clip with it's low impedance seem to drive these very well.

I listen frequently to female vocals (mids right?) and most always pick the TF10 over my W4 or B2s.

-Eric

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #7,858 of 9,690
Quote:
Agreed! TF10 and and the Zip Clip are excellent together. Add the Monster Super Tips (the soft silicone ones) and it's an amazing combination.

When people talk about a V shaped sound on the TF10 I often wonder what their source is (and it's impedance). The Clip with it's low impedance seem to drive these very well.

I listen frequently to female vocals (mids right?) and most always pick the TF10 over my W4 or B2s.

-Eric

Agree that the Clip Zip and TF10 work very well together, really good combination.

There is nothing about the source that causes the TF10's V shaped sound, it is intentionally tuned that way by the manufacturers. Some sources may obviously increase that effect though. I think they are pretty poor for vocals because of the recessed mids, if the W4 or B2's are worse than the TF10's in that regard (can't comment as I have not owned either of those) then I am glad I don't own either one of them 
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #7,859 of 9,690
Quote:
Yeap there is an alphanumeric code on the side of the plug. When you're reading the UE logo on the jack, it's on the left face of the plug itself. Mine says F27. 

Thanks for the reply! Did you have a pic by any chance? I still cant seem to find any markings on mine! Is on the black part where the UE is? Or actually printed onto the gold plated plug?

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #7,860 of 9,690
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Did you have a pic by any chance? I still cant seem to find any markings on mine! Is on the black part where the UE is? Or actually printed onto the gold plated plug?

Its on the black part IF there is one at all, I had numbers on one cable and nothing on another set. I checked the main cable and also the shorter extended part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back