Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #7,861 of 9,690
I already posted here, but I was wondering if any Triple.Fi 10 fans could provide a recommendation to me for a pair of closed-ear over-the-ear headphones that have a similar sonic signature to our favorite in-ear. If there's a closed-ear that you like as much as the 10s, please let me know.

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #7,862 of 9,690
I got the sunricky's White Angel cable for Triple.fi 10 Pro's a couple of days ago and have given them some testing listening to various music. Below are some bulletpoints for it as well as some photos:

PROS:

- compared to the stock cable, the sound is a lot clearer, the highs are crisp and bright, the lows are punchier. Didn't notice any changes in the mids.
- it's thinner and easier to wrap up, and takes less space in the stock UE carrying case
- the Sennheiser plug at the end is very well made and gold-plated
- slides right into the Triple.fi, no modification required

CONS:

- quite lots of microphony (you hear the sound of the cable rubbing against clothing, etc.)
- could be longer
- the white tip doesn't look too professional when added to black/blue Triple.fi
- the over-the-ear loop is not memory cord, but is fixed in advance, so it's hard to get a good over-ear fit if it doesn't fit you from the get-go

PICS:

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #7,863 of 9,690
Budget? Do you have/intend to buy an amp? Which one?
Quote:
I already posted here, but I was wondering if any Triple.Fi 10 fans could provide a recommendation to me for a pair of closed-ear over-the-ear headphones that have a similar sonic signature to our favorite in-ear. If there's a closed-ear that you like as much as the 10s, please let me know.

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #7,864 of 9,690
Quote:

We'd have to know your budget to give you more detailed recomendations. For low price, I wholly recommend the Ultrasone HFI 580's. I have them and I love them. No amp required and only $120

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #7,865 of 9,690
I'd consider going up to $400 for perfection, but in reality, I'm looking in the $100 - $250 range. I have an AudioEngine D1 for home listening, but would likely be listening without an amp out of a laptop at work, so it should work in some reasonable fashion in both environments.

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #7,867 of 9,690
Quote:
I'd say look at Ultrasones, maybe UE6000. I demoed the UE6000 a few times at the Best Buy down the street, sounded pretty darn good. Nice subbass, rumbly but not overwhelming.

Just to clarify in case if the questioner didn't understand it, UE6000 is from UE not Ultrasone, but Ultrasone are quite (in)famous of their Vshaped frequency responses that is similar to the TF10.

My vote however goes to the HD25

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #7,868 of 9,690
just got my ue tf10's in the other day, i read ALOT of reviews about these earphones over the years, but never shelled out the money for fear of fitment issues, well i pulled the trigger and i must say, these are some of the best fitting earphones ive had which is weird becuase i was figuring the opposite, straight out of the box into my ears, over the ear cable wire adjustment and BAM no issues with them staying in or moving or anything really dont believe these fit that good, and honestly my ears arent that big so i figured fitment was definitly going to be a problem.

as far as the sound is concerned these would be very very hard pressed to beat sound quality vs price. bass is tight and full very very nice bass presence, highs are very clear no shrill, i would say a good ammount of sparkle to them....there seems to be really good balance between the highs and lows which is saying something for the highs becuase the lows are definitly full of presence. mids are somewhat recessed but still very very nice.

very happy with this iem, i am eager to hear these amped with the c421 8620 i just bought.....also eager to try out different cables..

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #7,869 of 9,690
Quote:
Its on the black part IF there is one at all, I had numbers on one cable and nothing on another set. I checked the main cable and also the shorter extended part.

Thanks for the reply! So turns out mine is the one with no numbers, and because i don't have the receipt logitech wont do anything for me. oh well

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #7,870 of 9,690
For those in Singapore, this is going for $259.00 @ Treoo. There is only a day left for this, and it is one of the few times you can capitalise on pricing that is competitive with America for example. I'm not sure if you can also use it with the coupon codes to further reduce the price as well.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #7,873 of 9,690
Using these at work right now, and they sound wonderful. Tempted to come back into the Head-Fi scene, left a few years ago after selling everything and itching to build up again.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #7,874 of 9,690
Quote:
Using these at work right now, and they sound wonderful. Tempted to come back into the Head-Fi scene, left a few years ago after selling everything and itching to build up again.

I'm using my TF10's here at work too. I love that these leak out very little sound. I'm jamming my music almost full blast and I'm not bothering any of my co-workers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back