Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #7,457 of 9,690
Sep 30, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #7,458 of 9,690
From my experience.

Sound improvements with cable upgrades are quite subtle, there's not going to be any magic transition, There will be slight changes in performance, such as smoothness, volume control, less distortion at higher volumes, busy tracks won't congest as easy. But, they won't transform a signature because they're not mean't too. Also because the stock cable for TF10 is already copper, I recommend going for silver plated or pure silver which will be more noticeable in how it alters a signal.

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #7,460 of 9,690
I have TF10's with a 'Dark Lord' aftermarket cable and I absolutely love the clarity, crispness and punch of them. Where I feel they fall down is with anything that has substantial sub-bass in it. If you throw something like Phutureprimitive's 'Kinetik' album at the TF10, or Skazi's 'My Way' album, they are unable to resolve the sub-bass to anything like a satisfactory level.

I love the TF10's for many genre's of music, but I don't think they resolve sub-bass well and if people are listening to a lot of Dubstep or other music with serious amounts of sub-bass, there are better IEM's. My Vsonic GR07 Mk.II's make a much better job of this genre of music than my TF10's. I prefer my TF10's for rock music, pop music and music that is heavily timbral however.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #7,461 of 9,690
Quote:
I have TF10's with a 'Dark Lord' aftermarket cable and I absolutely love the clarity, crispness and punch of them. Where I feel they fall down is with anything that has substantial sub-bass in it. If you throw something like Phutureprimitive's 'Kinetik' album at the TF10, or Skazi's 'My Way' album, they are unable to resolve the sub-bass to anything like a satisfactory level.

I love the TF10's for many genre's of music, but I don't think they resolve sub-bass well and if people are listening to a lot of Dubstep or other music with serious amounts of sub-bass, there are better IEM's. My Vsonic GR07 Mk.II's make a much better job of this genre of music than my TF10's. I prefer my TF10's for rock music, pop music and music that is heavily timbral however.

The TF10s highs are so good that I can take the loss of sub-bass.   Both models are great IEMs.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #7,462 of 9,690
I scratched my fi10s recently.it got dragged on the ground near the tips :frowning2: (felt like someone just rear ended my brand new Bugatti. not that i have one.haha). i figured i would get a reshell. but before doing so, i thought heck, im gonna DIY sand and spray them and see how it goes. well, personally it turned out better than the disaster i initially predicted. im satisfied non the less.hehe. i guess the reshell could wait? tell me what u guys think? yay or nay? feel free to bash my noob paint job!:)

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #7,467 of 9,690
Quote:
I scratched my fi10s recently.it got dragged on the ground near the tips :frowning2: (felt like someone just rear ended my brand new Bugatti. not that i have one.haha). i figured i would get a reshell. but before doing so, i thought heck, im gonna DIY sand and spray them and see how it goes. well, personally it turned out better than the disaster i initially predicted. im satisfied non the less.hehe. i guess the reshell could wait? tell me what u guys think? yay or nay? feel free to bash my noob paint job!:)

Nice work. I think I prefer that to the stock colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back