Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #7,486 of 9,690
Quote:

I've been catching up on aftermarket cable reviews posted on this board, and it seems not all of them have a favorable sonic profile (not to mention the microphonics from the helix-type cables).
The Westones are the only ones I've actually had a chance to try, and the treble was enhanced every so slightly in a way that I didn't need.

Still, I feel like I'm being left out by only going after the stock cables.
On the fence about what to get now...

Look into the FiiO RC-UE1.

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #7,487 of 9,690
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..

Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.

I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.

Oct 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #7,488 of 9,690
Quote:
I just got my TF10s in the mail today. I wasn't sure how to do a search for this, so I thought I'd just ask..
Does anyone else use the TF10s in the opposite configuration? I wasn't really sure how to put them in, so I took a look at Google images and saw how they protruded a bit if you put the TF10s into the properly marked ears. But I find that putting the L bud in my right ear and vice versa is a much more comfortable fit, more in line with my old universal IEM, the UM2.
I'm enjoying the sound, but the fit I'm still a tad uncomfortable with. It's much bigger than any other in ear phone I've owned thus far and it's kind of annoying to put in, both in the normal and opposite configurations. I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can get used to it.. if it doesn't get any better I'm gonna go see and audiologist and ship these off to Unique Melody.

If you do get them re-shelled, InEarZ is much cheaper. Yes people are using them the way you are, if money is not an issue, then I would have Heir Audio do them over UM for ultimate quality.

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #7,489 of 9,690
Alright, thanks for your input everyone.
After confirming with myself that indeed the cables do have a noticeable effect on the sonic signature, I decided to give up on the old stock cables for good. There had to be a good reason they were discontinued.

After some consideration, I've decided to go with the updated Logitech UE cables.
Anyone have any input on this? I have yet to see a review of these on here...

Priced at around $70 where I live (Korea), they're strangely the only brand of cables that were marked up so horribly, but unfortunately none of the other brands seem as trustworthy to me (both in integrity and the sonic profile I'm used to) as the ones straight from UE.

edit:
I'd also like to ask what on earth happened to the triple fi's. Why are they, or any in the "fi" series, not listed on UE's website anymore?

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #7,491 of 9,690
Quote:
If you do get them re-shelled, InEarZ is much cheaper. Yes people are using them the way you are, if money is not an issue, then I would have Heir Audio do them over UM for ultimate quality.

Unfortunately, Heir Audio doesn't do re-shells, if you're in the US I would suggest going with InEarz or 1964 ears. If you're in Europe or Asia, then UM(I honestly don't know any other company besides them) is the way to go.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #7,492 of 9,690
Was completely out of the loop regarding the UEs. So the 900s have replaced the Triplefi 10s?
Ordered the Logitech cables. Will let you guys know how I find them.

Please give link to cable you got, will wait for your feed back

Lol this what happen when you use phones
For replay

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #7,493 of 9,690
Quote:
Unfortunately, Heir Audio doesn't do re-shells, if you're in the US I would suggest going with InEarz or 1964 ears. If you're in Europe or Asia, then UM(I honestly don't know any other company besides them) is the way to go.

I must be losing my mind, I could of swore they did re-shells, but I sure don't see them on their site.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #7,496 of 9,690
Oct 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #7,499 of 9,690
So I've had my TF10s for about a week and haven't gotten a chance to enjoy them until now. I couldn't get a decent fit at all. While listening to them, I had to readjust them every few minutes. I finally received some triple flanges in from MeElectronics, and I have to say I am definitely in love with the TF10s. They look goofy and getting a seal was a pain, but the sound is pretty sweet.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #7,500 of 9,690
Quote:
So I've had my TF10s for about a week and haven't gotten a chance to enjoy them until now. I couldn't get a decent fit at all. While listening to them, I had to readjust them every few minutes. I finally received some triple flanges in from MeElectronics, and I have to say I am definitely in love with the TF10s. They look goofy and getting a seal was a pain, but the sound is pretty sweet.

Join the dark side, get them made into customs.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back