Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #6,166 of 9,690

Quote:
thanks! will try calling them 

also, if i have to buy a replacement myself, which one is the best if you have a low budget? i kinda like the over ear type as i've gotten used to the stock cables. also durability is a major concern for me after these died so fast :frowning2:

If its durability you're after, definately the FIIO cables from amazon. Look them up, apparantly they're built like a tank

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #6,167 of 9,690
also the westone's EPIC cable... I put them on my Super Fi 3 and listen to music during sleep... I have rolled on them couple times every night for the past few months, and it has not failed on me... most after market cables are built to last.. just try to avoid solid core ones if you are sleeping with them because they aren't that good at constantly withstanding stress, but for regular use, like on the go, solid core cables are durable enough.

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #6,168 of 9,690

Quote:
If its durability you're after, definately the FIIO cables from amazon. Look them up, apparantly they're built like a tank

The FiiO cable is a beast, its the one I have. It does not have memory wire around the ear, using the chin slider for me made it not an issue. The Furutech cables on ebay, some have memory wire some do not, they run in the $30 range, as does the FiiO. Since they ship from Hong Kong, maybe it would be cheaper to Singapore then lets say getting a FiiO from the states shipped, but thats a pure guess on my part.

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #6,169 of 9,690

Quote:
The FiiO cable is a beast, its the one I have. It does not have memory wire around the ear, using the chin slider for me made it not an issue. The Furutech cables on ebay, some have memory wire some do not, they run in the $30 range, as does the FiiO. Since they ship from Hong Kong, maybe it would be cheaper to Singapore then lets say getting a FiiO from the states shipped, but thats a pure guess on my part.

http://treoo.com/store/index.php/main/shop-by-brand/fiio/fiio-accessories.html

check this out.

It cost 49.90SGD. About 40USD.

Get it from there if you are getting it from Singapore.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #6,170 of 9,690

Quote:
http://treoo.com/store/index.php/main/shop-by-brand/fiio/fiio-accessories.html

check this out.

It cost 49.90SGD. About 40USD.

Get it from there if you are getting it from Singapore.

Actually, you can look at http://www.bitemyears.com/ . It's a authorized dealer, and much cheaper than Treoo

Edit: 
I take it back. It used to be cheaper, about 32 Singapore dollars, now its 42 SGD. Still cheaper anyways

Mar 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #6,173 of 9,690
Ordered these on the 20th from logitech @£95, in my haste I didnt really check to see the actual size of these IEM from marketing images they didnt look that big but god was a shocked when i received them, compared to my brainwavz B2 they are MASSIVE and way to big for me to use outside of the house it looks dumb :p.

Anyone else find that they are way to big? How did you solve it? Im considering custom moulds now but its a bit of a gamble and the thing that plays in the back of my mind is the, What if it breaks down the line? Im screwed as the 2 year warranty is worthless if using a different case(or am i wrong?). Do custom moulds actually make the buds stick out alot less? it looks like it does but i cant tell from images on the net.

Havent given it a proper listen to as ive only used the stock earbuds so far, dont want to use the comply tips encase i decide i want to send it back, bit of an investment really :p

Mar 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #6,174 of 9,690

Quote:
Ordered these on the 20th from logitech @£95, in my haste I didnt really check to see the actual size of these IEM from marketing images they didnt look that big but god was a shocked when i received them, compared to my brainwavz B2 they are MASSIVE and way to big for me to use outside of the house it looks dumb :p.

Anyone else find that they are way to big? How did you solve it? Im considering custom moulds now but its a bit of a gamble and the thing that plays in the back of my mind is the, What if it breaks down the line? Im screwed as the 2 year warranty is worthless if using a different case(or am i wrong?). Do custom moulds actually make the buds stick out alot less? it looks like it does but i cant tell from images on the net.

Havent given it a proper listen to as ive only used the stock earbuds so far, dont want to use the comply tips encase i decide i want to send it back, bit of an investment really :p

Custom molds pretty much fit flush in the ear, so yes they stick out MUCH less.

Mar 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #6,176 of 9,690

Quote:
Wow that looks alot better, where did you get yours done? I am in england and so far all i see is foreign places that cost a fair bit to send to :p.

Mine are from InEarZ, Fisher hearing in FL. When they fit right, the comfort is top notch. The problem with customs is you may have to get refits done. Mine are new so I am in the process of getting the right ear redone.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #6,177 of 9,690
Hi, I bought this IEM on last year's black friday from amazon, i know a lot of you guys did the same.

Well,  my pakcage came with 2 sets of grey foam tips, which fit great on my ears, the thing is, I gave my brother a pair and I kept one but the foam is starting to broke on my tips.

I want to buy some comply foam tips, but I odnt know what model would fit on the TF10, and most important, does anyone know what is the size of the foams that came with the TF10?

I would really appreciate the help on this.

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #6,178 of 9,690

Quote:
Hi, I bought this IEM on last year's black friday from amazon, i know a lot of you guys did the same.

Well,  my pakcage came with 2 sets of grey foam tips, which fit great on my ears, the thing is, I gave my brother a pair and I kept one but the foam is starting to broke on my tips.

I want to buy some comply foam tips, but I odnt know what model would fit on the TF10, and most important, does anyone know what is the size of the foams that came with the TF10?

I would really appreciate the help on this.

They come with the medium T-500, other choices are listed below.

T-400
TS-500
TX-500

http://www.complyfoam.com/

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #6,179 of 9,690
You might want to go with the Ts Comply's, Complys are known to reduce HF. The Ts's aren't supposed to, other option is the Olives (my preference), but they need modification.

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #6,180 of 9,690

Quote:
You might want to go with the Ts Comply's, Complys are known to reduce HF. The Ts's aren't supposed to, other option is the Olives (my preference), but they need modification.

Simple as decoring, no?

If you find Comply foams cut out too much of the treble, either put them on the earphone backwards, or decore them and shove the foam into the medium silicone tips. You get the isolation of foams without any detail loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back