Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #5,942 of 9,690

I know this has probably been asked numerous times but does do any of you have advice on upgrading the stock TF10 cable?

I like the earphones but the cable has been bothering me because of it's natural tendency to curl up since I store it in the stock case. 

I've looked around recently but haven't been able to find a reasonable deal to upgrade the cable. I'd like to keep the total costs around $30 if possible.

I know previously Jaben had a 2 for 1 sale for some better cables but I think this deal is now long past and no longer valid?

http://jaben.net/shopping2/ES8_2For1.html

I really have no idea what cables are considered better than the stock TF10 cables (are mostly any cable an upgrade compared to the stock or are there worse cables out there?).  

What I am really looking for in a cable: sturdy build (won't break easily), non-static/rigid build (like the stock cable), sound quality that doesn't negatively effect the sound of the TF10s. 

Any suggestions?  Will I have to spend $40+ for a simple cable upgrade?

Any input is much appreciated.

Edit: are these cables any good?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593457/furutech-ue-tf10-cable

Edit #2: maybe wait for these?  http://www.head-fi.org/t/579771/rc-ue1-will-come-to-market-soon-new-re-cable-for-earphones

Edit #3: Would any of these work with the stock TF10  http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories
Or are these specifically designed for custom models?  

Feb 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #5,944 of 9,690
Yeah I saw that but the cable is $48 before tax and shipping. That will probably take the costs to around $60+ since Jaben has pretty high shipping costs. I bought the TF10s for $100, for me spending an extra $60 on cables is kinda pushing my budget.  

Are there any cheaper solutions?  Do you know why replacement cables for this earphone are so expensive? I really just want a "normal" earphone cable, I'm not looking for something that improves the sound quality.  

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #5,949 of 9,690

I can now tell for sure that the TF10 sound better out of the Teclast T51 than the Cowon J3. but truth is the T51 has so many fails that I like the J3 better, best UI in a touch screen I've ever tried. while the T51's UI is terrible. but the TF10 shines anyway, just T51 makes them more bright and bigger soundstage.

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #5,950 of 9,690
Question everyone-

Is it just me or does the Newer Triple Fi sound different than they used to? If there was a thread on this somewhere do let me know...

I've owned 4 triple fi's in my time - First one I sold off after discovering the Westone 3's waaay back in the day... the next two I gave to my friends as gifts... currently I have one that I'm using while I wait for my customs to arrive...

but I'm realizing there is more to these triple fi than I remember. I've spent an extensive amount of time with the straight plug model - and I'm finding the L plug model to be more refined.

I don't have both side by side to compare - but this thought dawned on me today and I just can't get this curiosity out of my head. Any thoughts?

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #5,951 of 9,690

Quote:

I can now tell for sure that the TF10 sound better out of the Teclast T51 than the Cowon J3. but truth is the T51 has so many fails that I like the J3 better, best UI in a touch screen I've ever tried. while the T51's UI is terrible. but the TF10 shines anyway, just T51 makes them more bright and bigger soundstage.

Thats why you get an ibasso DX100 to end it all James :wink:

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #5,952 of 9,690
Second impression: With about 25-30 hours on it's belt.

Sweet jesus, I love them. The fact that i've burned my entire CD collection to listen says it all. I get what the lows, mids and highs are now. I know these aren't top tier anymore, but music is really sounding so "right". Just how you think it should sound, it does. Best example was listening to a song and being like "wait, since when is that instrument there". I loved my M50s, but I'm loving these a lot more.

God bless you HeadFi. My wallet hurts, but my ears are in love.

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #5,954 of 9,690
At a mere 800USD, I don't see why everyone doesn't get one rather than splurging on so many Fiio toys.

James, I hope you have a kidney to spare, at least. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back