Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #5,191 of 9,690
Ok I hope this helps you... I'm listening to Armin Van Buuren (Unforgivable) and I'm liking both the TF10 and FX700. The TF10s sound stage is smaller so you have a bit more of an intimate presentation due to this but with the FX700 you have a more lively presentation as if you are at the show in the audience. Bass goes deeper still on the FX700. Overall I find the FX700s better but I still have a place for the TF10s :). Thanks for pointing out this singer. I really likes this song and I'm sure shes got other good stuff. Will be acquiring her discography :wink:. (Edit) I'm just realizing that the female singer is featured in the song lol. Regardless if you want that more enveloping sound you'll find it in the FX700 but you won't have the isolation that the TF10 has. But at the volume I'm listening to the song right now I don't think isolation would be a concern at all lol.

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #5,196 of 9,690

Quote:
How would triple-fi compared to the IE8?

I find the soundstage on the TF10's compared to the IE8's wide enough. The high end on the TF10's has gobs more clarity, at first going back to my IE8s had me finding everything grainy. Bass is more controlled and if there is a mid bass hump present on the TF10's as some people feel there is, coming from the IE8's you wont notice it. Bass is very tight and controlled but also plentiful with a good fit. Not as much as the IE8's but I feel the lowest extension is done better. You don't feel the bass the way you do with a dynamic like the IE8 but I find the overall quantity to be plenty. To shortly answer your question, if you are coming from a pair of IE8's and loved them than in my opinion, you will enjoy the TF10 and it will serve as a good companion along side your IE8's. If you listen to lots of EDM, especially that with female vocals or higher male vocals, than the TF10's is a pretty clear choice, the clarity and enjoyability for me in that area is unmatched until I can afford a top tier custom. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #5,197 of 9,690
Quote:
Well I listen to techno, trance and house a long with all their sub genres.  Try any Fabric album or some trance from Armin Van Buuren or something like that.  Its hard to find a good IEM or headphone that works good with EDM so if the FX700 are good I'm willing to give them a try.

The FX700 are excellent with trance, except where vocals are concerned. You may find the midrange lacking presence, in which case there are better alternatives.

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #5,198 of 9,690

EDM sounds VERY good with these. Trust me.
Quote:
Well I listen to techno, trance and house a long with all their sub genres.  Try any Fabric album or some trance from Armin Van Buuren or something like that.  Its hard to find a good IEM or headphone that works good with EDM so if the FX700 are good I'm willing to give them a try.

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #5,199 of 9,690
Anyone toyed around with the Cowon equalizer with these? I searched around some and tried the ones I found but they all.. toyed with the sound a bit too much, sounded artificial as all hells.

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #5,200 of 9,690
^ That's why I bought an iriver E300 over something like the iaudio 10. Besides the fact I wanted a tactile player for sports(shortcut keys and fitness mode), I always thought the Cowon EQ is very trial and error. Many times you get an artificial sound or off in a way that bothers a bit more than other players. My Silver cabled TF would be even more able to pick that up.

Cowon will reward you when you get it right but it sounds like it will be a while before you find it. Try, try, and try some more!  It should come. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #5,201 of 9,690
After getting my pair replaced with a retail blue box, I'd say the sound suits me with more distinctive details than the x10 on sale at the same time.
Reading from all the above posts, it'll be a big surprise if amazon still offer this pair for sale again.  Yep, it's time to move on.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #5,203 of 9,690

Quote:
Quote:

The FX700 are excellent with trance, except where vocals are concerned. You may find the midrange lacking presence, in which case there are better alternatives.

With the right source the mid-range won't lack presence at all. Using my FX700s with my DACport LX and UHA4, vocals are very forward and compliments the prominent and well controlled bass & treble :wink:. (Synergy is key).

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #5,204 of 9,690

Quote:
Ok I hope this helps you... I'm listening to Armin Van Buuren (Unforgivable) and I'm liking both the TF10 and FX700. The TF10s sound stage is smaller so you have a bit more of an intimate presentation due to this but with the FX700 you have a more lively presentation as if you are at the show in the audience. Bass goes deeper still on the FX700. Overall I find the FX700s better but I still have a place for the TF10s :). Thanks for pointing out this singer. I really likes this song and I'm sure shes got other good stuff. Will be acquiring her discography :wink:. (Edit) I'm just realizing that the female singer is featured in the song lol. Regardless if you want that more enveloping sound you'll find it in the FX700 but you won't have the isolation that the TF10 has. But at the volume I'm listening to the song right now I don't think isolation would be a concern at all lol.

Try listening Cosmic Gate's Be Your Sound with TF10...
gs1000.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #5,205 of 9,690

Quote:
Try listening Cosmic Gate's Be Your Sound with TF10...
gs1000.gif

Yep this song was made for the TF10s. That intimate presentation that the TF10 gives fits this song very well. With the FX700 the song was ripped apart and showed the flaws of the recording thus ruining the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back