Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #5,161 of 9,690
I called customer service over the weekend and they told me it is definitely discontinued and no more stock.

No word on any replacement.

I would snatch those pairs on Amazon if interested.  Still well under $200.   I suppose once those sellers realize what is happening, the price will go up for whatever units remain.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #5,162 of 9,690
thanks for the confirmation spyro, i was ignoring all the heresay until i heard it straight from logitech/ue mouth. Glad i still have mine, and happy many of us were still able to score on the amazon deal, just in time i guess. Here's hoping they just transplant that same sound into a much better package, new shells ala westone and improved cable, now we have a winner !

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #5,163 of 9,690
I'm sad to see the TF10's go since I literally just got them and since I'm getting a replacement, will probably be one of the last people to get retail packaging, but they have already led me to want customs with their smooth and precise BA sound. I'll probably reshell the TF10's not because I have problems with fit, but because I want to experience customs with that sound, the perfect fit, even better sound isolation, and a nice silver cable to really balance out the sound. It'll be near perfect in my books after that. 

FYI gduck, I talked to a rep a couple weeks ago who said it was discontinued and everyone told me that they were not when I told people that a logi rep said it was lol. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #5,164 of 9,690
For those interested, they should quickly pick up all those brand new pairs on eBay that's still going for less than $150.

Glad I picked up two pairs during the Amazon sale 
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #5,165 of 9,690

Quote:
I called customer service over the weekend and they told me it is definitely discontinued and no more stock.

No word on any replacement.

I would snatch those pairs on Amazon if interested.  Still well under $200.   I suppose once those sellers realize what is happening, the price will go up for whatever units remain.

Amazon doesn't seem to be selling the TF10 as it is currently "under review". Maybe they're already out of stock?

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #5,166 of 9,690
Maybe they are under review for all the users that got black boxes with unbalanced sound -_-

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #5,167 of 9,690
I got the black box and mine sound fine

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #5,168 of 9,690
Mine sounds fine too, but that could easily be the reason it's under review. Guess we'll just have to see if they ever come back on sale by Amazon.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #5,169 of 9,690
I wish I would of got an extra pair now because like some have said the price will probably go up soon.  I was going to get another IEM after Xmas but I might just get another TF10 now.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #5,170 of 9,690
Yeesh. I hope Logitech has a replacement in mind. Guess I'm glad I got mine when I did.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #5,171 of 9,690
Quote:
I wish I would of got an extra pair now because like some have said the price will probably go up soon.  I was going to get another IEM after Xmas but I might just get another TF10 now.

Be glad you scored one, my friend. There are quite a few who missed out altogether, for one reason or another.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #5,172 of 9,690
I know most peoples sound find but there are enough of us here alone who have complained that it's slightly off balance. If you get enough people in one place complaining about it, it can often be pretty common. Head-Fi isn't a place to only complain because many of you are also reporting no problems so it's not biased liked on a support forum, enough people of the happy population (and I still am) are having an issue. It was stated some pages back that someone had imbalance issues, returned their pair, got a retail package back and they were much improved and balanced. 

Logitech certainly does need a replacement, for new customers and those looking for replacements. Like I said earlier, they offered me the UE700s but I just couldn't accept so took my purchase back to my eBay seller who got them through Amazon, I told her the value isn't near the same nor is the sound. The lady on the phone told me that it was their top tier in the product lineup at the moment and was all she could offer me, people need a better option than this, new customer or one seeking warranty. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #5,174 of 9,690
Is the channel in-balance obvious? Or do I have to listen closely to see if mine are defective? 

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #5,175 of 9,690
UE hasn't done much in terms of universals since Logitech bought them out. I mean, their flagship this whole time (TF10), was created by Jerry Harvey. 

A quad-BA would be nice. But I wouldn't mind something similar to the TF10 with a better form factor. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back