Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 26, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #5,221 of 9,690
Sound signature aside, are there universal IEMS that are considered "better" (in terms of raw specs, clarity, detail, soundstage, etc) than the TF10s at the $150 price range?

Since these were considered to be top tier at their MSRP, I'm just curious to see what can compete at street price.

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #5,222 of 9,690

Quote:
Sound signature aside, are there universal IEMS that are considered "better" (in terms of raw specs, clarity, detail, soundstage, etc) than the TF10s at the $150 price range?

Since these were considered to be top tier at their MSRP, I'm just curious to see what can compete at street price.

Not so sure about that. Maybe the GR07 could compete but other than that I really can't say so. The IE7 is also a good IEM but the treble isn't as good as on the TF10.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #5,223 of 9,690
I should get my UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro's in a few weeks time, which will replace my UE Super.Fi 5 Pro's (as I lost one of the ear buds years ago), and will use as part of my merry-go-round of Etymotic ER-6i's and AKG K 701's.

I bought the UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro's today as the Amazon Deals for them were simply AMAZING! I even wrote a thread about it for those who live in the UK/US, as the deals are virtually the same: Amazon UK & USA Cyber Monday (Boxing Day) UE Triple Fi 10 Pro Deals...

I really wanted to get the Audio-Technica CK100, as they are, as far as I can tell, one of the superior triple-driver IEM universals out there (beating, for some, the mighty Shure SE535's), but they were very hard to source cheaply
frown.gif
. Even cheaper triple-drivers and dual-drivers were out of my budget, but due to the Christmas Holiday's, I had a nice presents from my family; my sister just got me an very nice Ben Sherman coat (even though I hate the brand, the coat is AWESOME!), but I also got cash presents, enough to get a nice single or double-driver IEM, possibly another Ety or a Westone 2.
To then find a veteran triple-driver IEM from a manufacturer/brand that I am familiar with (even if Jerry Harvey is not at the helm any more, though his customs are the stuff of dreams and I WISH I could have  the JH16 & JH3A combo...
eek.gif
) at £109.99/$170.62 respectively was EPIC!

So yeah. I can't WAIT!!!
bigsmile_face.gif
[...faints due to excitement...]

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #5,224 of 9,690
As long your ears won't hate too much the shape and size of them, great iems awaits in the mail.
Mine still going strong for 3 years, TF10 do however deserve better cable. The stock isn't terrible but not as durable and nice as I hoped.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #5,225 of 9,690
Quote:
As long your ears won't hate too much the shape and size of them, great iems awaits in the mail.
Mine still going strong for 3 years, TF10 do however deserve better cable. The stock isn't terrible but not as durable and nice as I hoped.

I own the UE Super.Fi 5 Pro, so I know all about the ugliness of this case design and fit (case design discontinued from the rest of the UE line-up; strange, then, that the Triple.Fi 10 Pro's still uses this design...). I lost one of the earphones of my Super.Fi 5 Pro late 2009, so I have only used my Etymotic ER-61 with my JDS Labs cMoy BB v2.01 with bass boost since then (travelling), alongside my AKG K 701 headphones/JohnBlue AudioArt JB3 speakers at home.

So, I can't WAIT for the Triple.Fi 10 Pro's!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #5,227 of 9,690
Quote:
Thanks head-fi for introducing me to TF10. Really saved just to buy my first triple driver iems.
smile.gif

No problem!
wink_face.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #5,228 of 9,690
Hi guys,

TripleFi10 or Shure se425...what do you think??

I'll be listening to Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Arcade Fire etc. 

I know the UEs are supposedly warmer, bring everything together nicely, and still have great detail in the highs, but I've heard the Shures have better instrument separation, sound isolation and soundstage....is this true?? To their detriment, I've also heard they're cold, analytical and bass-less...... 

So what's most important for this indie/alternative genre....the warmth and detail of the UEs, or the instrument separation/imaging and clarity of the Shures??

I'm basically looking for a really warm headphone which will allow me to hear details and layers I've never heard before. 

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Zac

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #5,229 of 9,690
Quote:
Hi guys,

TripleFi10 or Shure se425...what do you think??

I'll be listening to Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Arcade Fire etc. 

I know the UEs are supposedly warmer, bring everything together nicely, and still have great detail in the highs, but I've heard the Shures have better instrument separation, sound isolation and soundstage....is this true?? To their detriment, I've also heard they're cold, analytical and bass-less...... 

So what's most important for this indie/alternative genre....the warmth and detail of the UEs, or the instrument separation/imaging and clarity of the Shures??

I'm basically looking for a really warm headphone which will allow me to hear details and layers I've never heard before. 

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Zac

Look a few pages back, and you should see that I, and other, on this forum are talking about a particular deal that is very, very good for the UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro's, but I will put both links here:

Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro for £109.99
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro via Amazon.com for $170.62

Basically, and as I have already posted in my topic (below), you cannot get a better triple-driver IEM on the market that can beat the Triple.FI 10 Pro at the price points of £109.99/$170.62, since no triple-driver IEM exists at these prices (unless there is another deal out on the market...) and with good SQ/quality. After these deals run out, however, then your choice is harder. I think the UE's will be good, based on past experiences with the UE Super.Fi 5 pro  and the UE brand, but the Shure SE425's are extremely good.
Be quick, as the Amazon deals are short-lived, so if you want your first taste in triple driver IEM's at a ridiculously low price, now is your chance; the Triple.Fi 10 Pro will be awesome, though in terms of SQ, has been beaten by other IEM's at around >£200/$270; it is, after all, a six year old veteran IEM, though the Etymotic ER-4 range is over fifteen years and still going strong!

Amazon UK & USA Cyber Monday (Boxing Day) UE Triple Fi 10 Pro Deals...

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #5,230 of 9,690
 Im considering taking advantage of the amazon deal.

I listen to a wide variety of music, but mostly stuff from the 80's, Yanni, Andrea Bocelli, and trance/dance music from time to time. 

My only concern is the Bass on these as im not looking for super neutral IEM's. 

trance music generally does well with earphones that have clear treble, but also a fair bit of rumbly punch at the low range

would the bass levels be similar to the comparatively low end sony EX300's i currently own?

cheers

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #5,232 of 9,690

Quote:
 Im considering taking advantage of the amazon deal.

I listen to a wide variety of music, but mostly stuff from the 80's, Yanni, Andrea Bocelli, and trance/dance music from time to time. 

My only concern is the Bass on these as im not looking for super neutral IEM's. 

trance music generally does well with earphones that have clear treble, but also a fair bit of rumbly punch at the low range

would the bass levels be similar to the comparatively low end sony EX300's i currently own?

cheers

The TF10's have really nice bass imo especially with trance and other types of edm.  I haven't heard the EX300 before but of the Sony IEM's I have heard the TF10's bass is clearer and quicker with good punch, it doesn't sound over blown or muddy.

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #5,234 of 9,690

Quote:

The TF10's have really nice bass imo especially with trance and other types of edm.  I haven't heard the EX300 before but of the Sony IEM's I have heard the TF10's bass is clearer and quicker with good punch, it doesn't sound over blown or muddy.

just saw that sony has released single, double, triple and quad armature IEM's. Anyone compared the XBA-4 to the TF10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back