Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #5,251 of 9,690

Quote:
I got a pair of these on BF and I LOVE THEM! But I fear that they will only fuel my addiction for buying IEMs lol >.>

They did for me too... but after listening and comparing... it gets really expensive to beat these! I had to spend like 249 for UM2's to really get a feel for what else is out there... I think the Westone line of IEM's and of course the stellar Earsonics SM3v2's are the only one's I've tried that can definitely trump these.

Everything else becomes a matter of taste, like the Shure SE535's which have some of the best mids I've heard, Grado IEM's really do sort of sound like Grados but I don't want that sound signature in an IEM for some odd reason, and there are a few overseas produced ones but we've all seen the benefits of domestic customer service haha

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #5,252 of 9,690
Hey Chris, the day is close now, my TF10's should be in my hand by next week, and you'll be getting some money from me :)

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #5,253 of 9,690

Quote:
They did for me too... but after listening and comparing... it gets really expensive to beat these! I had to spend like 249 for UM2's to really get a feel for what else is out there... I think the Westone line of IEM's and of course the stellar Earsonics SM3v2's are the only one's I've tried that can definitely trump these.

Everything else becomes a matter of taste, like the Shure SE535's which have some of the best mids I've heard, Grado IEM's really do sort of sound like Grados but I don't want that sound signature in an IEM for some odd reason, and there are a few overseas produced ones but we've all seen the benefits of domestic customer service haha

And of course you have dynamics such as FX700 and IE80s which walk all over these above as well :wink:.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #5,254 of 9,690

Quote:
And of course you have dynamics such as FX700 and IE80s which walk all over these above as well :wink:.

My feelings now is that without a very quiet and optimal condition amps, balance armatures have pretty poor performance vs equivalent dynamics. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #5,255 of 9,690

Quote:

My feelings now is that without a very quiet and optimal condition amps, balance armatures have pretty poor performance vs equivalent dynamics. 

Everyone hears them different because for me I haven't found an dynamic than can give me the same quality of the TF10 in its price range though I'm trying.  I purchased a pair of JVC FXT90's and should have them in a week or 2 and I'm really looking forward to hearing them as the reviews have all been positive and even a few liking them as much or more than the TF10's.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #5,256 of 9,690
Does anyone know any aftermarket cables for the TF10s. I got them for Christmas and i love the sound but the cable is probably the only con about them so I'm thinking of switching the stock one with something else. I read the Westone cables were good as well as the Null cables. So just seeing which cable would be best and most affordable. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #5,257 of 9,690

Quote:
Does anyone know any aftermarket cables for the TF10s. I got them for Christmas and i love the sound but the cable is probably the only con about them so I'm thinking of switching the stock one with something else. I read the Westone cables were good as well as the Null cables. So just seeing which cable would be best and most affordable. 

Here you go : http://www.head-fi.org/t/564978/12-custom-iem-tf10-cables-reviewed-double-helix-symbiote-crystal-piccolino-added-11-16-2011

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #5,258 of 9,690

Quote:

Chrise himself offers good quality silver cables at a reasonable price. This. cable will bring more refined to your Tf10s (Non-recessed mid range, more treble extension and tighter bass).

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #5,260 of 9,690
I have a question regarding TF10...
What's the level of isolation of these IEM's? I don't want too much isolation... I don't want to completely oblivious to my surroundings, just block out some noise. The isolation on my RE0's were pretty great, something along those levels?

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5,263 of 9,690

Quote:
so all of these cables will fit with the TF10s. I'm just afraid of messing up the actual monitors when refitting the new cables on.

Just make sure when you buy the cable it says "For the TF10".  Otherwise you'll need to do a bit of modding.

Quote:
Are they in shortage? My shop is out of them since a month now ... :/

Are you referring to the TF10s themselves?  They're rumored to be discontinued.  It's no longer on Logitech's site and Amazon is the only large retailer to stock them, from what I've seen.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #5,265 of 9,690

Quote:
Plenty of TF10 on Craigslist, at least in my area. I am guessing most of them are from people who got the Amazon deal at $95 and are selling them for a profit. I know its not a retailer, but, most seem to be brand new.

I'd stay clear of craigslist. Its not set up to do business online and you don't have any form of protection. That is just a scam waiting to happen. Stick to ebay and amazon, at least you'll have some form of protection... Well unless you can meet the seller in person and do the transaction, stay clear of craigslist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back