Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 27, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #3,526 of 9,690
Is there anywhere where one can buy the connectors for the TF10 in order to assemble a custom cable?

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #3,527 of 9,690

Quote:
^ What size tips are you using? I have larger ear canals, but even so the smallest size was what worked best for me.

I'm using the large stock tips, tried all of them and these were the best fitting, whilst sitting still anyway. I've also got some shure medium soft black tips but they still don't work as well, they were perfect with my shures.

I'll just fork out more money for some sony hybrids or just put up with it i guess

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #3,528 of 9,690

Quote:
ANy of you guys use the samsung galaxy s paired with the TF10s? Sound quality is pretty good from the phone imo. 

Galaxy S with VooDoo sound control app can tap into the Wolfson WM8994 headamp's power.

Poweramp app + EQ = Excellent with TF10's

If your still on 2.1 then you might wanna have a look at this problem.

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #3,529 of 9,690
Turned my Triple.fi's to customs...even the smallest silicone tips/foam tips wouldn't fit my ears :frowning2:

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #3,530 of 9,690

Quote:
Quote:
ANy of you guys use the samsung galaxy s paired with the TF10s? Sound quality is pretty good from the phone imo. 

Galaxy S with VooDoo sound control app can tap into the Wolfson WM8994 headamp's power.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I have a Galaxy S Captivate and my sound quality has improved dramatically!!! I've been using Poweramp but I've never even heard of the VooDoo sound control app. My phone is now ever faster thanks to the new kernel I installed! Thanks!!

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #3,531 of 9,690
Ive been seeing a few 4th Gen iPod Touches with Tf10s in the portable rig thread. I think at least one of those people mentioned the EQu App so what do you think of that combonation? I finally got my TF10s ordered after wanting them for so long. Both times they went for cheap I had no money and they already went up a lot but were still cheap. Im just excited to finally have them on the way! :)

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #3,533 of 9,690

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I have a Galaxy S Captivate and my sound quality has improved dramatically!!! I've been using Poweramp but I've never even heard of the VooDoo sound control app. My phone is now ever faster thanks to the new kernel I installed! Thanks!!

What settings are you guys using for poweramp? Thanks! Also the fix worked wonders. Best thing I did to the phone so far.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #3,534 of 9,690

Quote:
Is there anywhere where one can buy the connectors for the TF10 in order to assemble a custom cable?

I'm looking for these too.

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #3,535 of 9,690
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #3,536 of 9,690

Quote:
Parts Express

Quote:
Quote:

there's a retailer in hongkong selling the connectors. i bought a pair of the connectors 8$ shipped
here's some contact information 

Derek Huang <derek@discovery-global.com>

[size=medium] DIscovery Global Company
Tel: 852 23043166    Fax: 852 23043266
www.discovery-global.com

[/size]

Jan 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #3,537 of 9,690
I have emailed him, he said he doesn't have them anymore. 2nd email the following month, totally ignore my mail lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Parts Express

Quote:
Quote:

there's a retailer in hongkong selling the connectors. i bought a pair of the connectors 8$ shipped
here's some contact information 

Derek Huang <derek@discovery-global.com>

[size=medium] DIscovery Global Company
Tel: 852 23043166    Fax: 852 23043266
www.discovery-global.com

[/size]

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #3,538 of 9,690
I just received my TF10s day before yesterday and I like them but what I have read earlier up the thread is true, the mids are very, very subtle with the bonus of the highs not being subtle in the least. This is not an ideal combination for me. Is there something I can do.. like change the cord.. burn them in (I have major doubts about the effectiveness of this though) that might help? I doubt it but wanted to ask.

One thing about the size and fit. I need to get these remolded. I can't wear these outdoors, people will stop and stare and assume I am sporting some type of portable shock treatment device.

They do sound good I just wished the highs were lowered and the mids raised.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #3,539 of 9,690

Quote:
I just received my TF10s day before yesterday and I like them but what I have read earlier up the thread is true, the mids are very, very subtle with the bonus of the highs not being subtle in the least. This is not an ideal combination for me. Is there something I can do.. like change the cord.. burn them in (I have major doubts about the effectiveness of this though) that might help? I doubt it but wanted to ask.

One thing about the size and fit. I need to get these remolded. I can't wear these outdoors, people will stop and stare and assume I am sporting some type of portable shock treatment device.

They do sound good I just wished the highs were lowered and the mids raised.

Try the comply tips. I had the silicone and loved them but then changed to the comply and whilst they still give the treble detail it is a little less, not much but just enough I find!

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #3,540 of 9,690
I was using the comply tips. They are much more comfortable to me than the silicone ones that came on them. I am curious if remolding them will help due to a better seal. Unfortunately its an expensive roll of the dice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back