Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 30, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #3,541 of 9,690

Quote:
I was using the comply tips. They are much more comfortable to me than the silicone ones that came on them. I am curious if remolding them will help due to a better seal. Unfortunately its an expensive roll of the dice.

I might just be that the TF10's sound signature is not to your liking. I have had that before with other phones, especially ultrasone which to me are all but impossible to listen to for more than a few moments. I know many like them but for me they just do not work!

For me one of the high points is the treble and I was relieved after a second go that the complys only tame it a very little as I really like the sparkle!

Maybe it is time to look for something with a different sonic signature as spending lot's more on something that may not do the job and is something that cost wise cannot be recovered seems a bit of a waste to me.

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #3,542 of 9,690
Well, I ordered a pair a couple of days ago. I can't wait for them to arrive and look forward to trying them out!

Jan 30, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #3,543 of 9,690

I might just be that the TF10's sound signature is not to your liking. I have had that before with other phones, especially ultrasone which to me are all but impossible to listen to for more than a few moments. I know many like them but for me they just do not work!

For me one of the high points is the treble and I was relieved after a second go that the complys only tame it a very little as I really like the sparkle!

Maybe it is time to look for something with a different sonic signature as spending lot's more on something that may not do the job and is something that cost wise cannot be recovered seems a bit of a waste to me.

+1
don't reshell unless you love the sound but have trouble with the fit. I'm more a mid guy but I have to say the treble on these are excellent.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #3,545 of 9,690
What do you wish to EQ?  The treble?  The bass?  I don't EQ my TF10 myself, only use BBE+.

I guess you could set band 1 to 80Hz and boost it 2-3 levels to help bring out the low bass a bit more if you want.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #3,546 of 9,690
I've had the TF10 for about 2 days now. Listened to them for probably around 10 hours or so, so not much burn in. My first impression is that I'm a little disappointed by their mid range. The mids feel really dull and veiled. Bass is nice and tight, and treble is good, though not as bright as I first feared.

But yeah, are the mids going to be always recessed and veiled or will burn in improve things?

I'm currently listening to FLAC via:

laptop -> uDAC -> TF10

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #3,547 of 9,690
For what it's worth, I just had mine reshelled (by Fisher/InEarZ) and I'm in love with them.  Of course, I LOVED the sound signature, and I got them for about a hundred bucks, so even with the fee to reshell them, they were still cheaper than a pair of SE535s. The fit for me before was godawful. So painful and awkward. Now they fit like a glove and I can't imagine a more perfect pair of phones.

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #3,548 of 9,690
My setup is the same as yours except my TF10s are now reshelled (but the sound hasn't really changed significantly), and most of my music is 320kbps MP3. I feel like the mids evened out a lot after the first few weeks, but that may just have been me getting used to their sound. I know I DID feel the same as you at first, but now I love 'em.

Quote:
I've had the TF10 for about 2 days now. Listened to them for probably around 10 hours or so, so not much burn in. My first impression is that I'm a little disappointed by their mid range. The mids feel really dull and veiled. Bass is nice and tight, and treble is good, though not as bright as I first feared.

But yeah, are the mids going to be always recessed and veiled or will burn in improve things?

laptop -> uDAC -> TF10

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #3,549 of 9,690

Quote:
My setup is the same as yours except my TF10s are now reshelled (but the sound hasn't really changed significantly), and most of my music is 320kbps MP3. I feel like the mids evened out a lot after the first few weeks, but that may just have been me getting used to their sound. I know I DID feel the same as you at first, but now I love 'em.

Quote:

laptop -> uDAC -> TF10

That's something to look forward to, then. Maybe I've just grown too accustomed to the stellar mids of the HD650 and simply need to become accustomed to the TF10.

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #3,550 of 9,690
I was previously listening to mostly a pair of Ety HF5s which are so perfectly neutral and clear it's ridiculous, so I think it might have just been a matter of getting used to the new sound signature, too. Definitely give them more time, they're such a wonderful pair of headphones. In the end, I appreciate the Etys' sound, but I really enjoy the slightly colored sound of the TF10s even more.

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #3,551 of 9,690
for the price they really can't be beaten, I thought my M50's had pretty good sound stage but a/b'ing the m50s and tf10s I can say IMHO the TF10 is sonically superior to the m50's =) then again I got in on the $11 deal for the M50s so bang for your buck wise the M50 probably still beats it by a little bit =)

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #3,553 of 9,690
Sorry guys, sampling this huge thread I still have trouble imagining TF10 sound signature. So maybe by way of comparison will make it better. How do triple.fi's stack sound wise vs UE's own super.fi 5 Pros which I loved and miss dearly? Is it something similar but improved or is it a fifferent sound signiture?

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #3,554 of 9,690
Sorry guys, sampling this huge thread I still have trouble imagining TF10 sound signature. So maybe by way of comparison will make it better. How do triple.fi's stack sound wise vs UE's own super.fi 5 Pros which I loved and miss dearly? Is it something similar but improved or is it a fifferent sound signiture?

Headfonia's article on SF5 pro does it pretty good job on elaborating the difference between the two.

http://www.headfonia.com/dual-drivers-q-jays-dba-02-ue700-westone-2-sf5pro-and-jh5pro/2/

I personally find SF5 pro to be more mid-focused, and TF10 to be more focused on the the two ends.

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #3,555 of 9,690

Quote:

I broke my SF5 pros so I can't a/b them though from what I remember the bass of the Pros may have a little more quantity to it but are in no way as refined as the TF10s and soundstage wise the TF10s win by a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back