Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 24, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #3,571 of 9,690
I have not posted here in HF in yonks; but felt the need to do so now. Throughout my discovery years, I have never truly found "my sound", but I believe I did so recently and I can finally enjoy and listen to music without fretting or trying to troubleshoot what is wrong with the components.

My current transportable/office rig consisting of the iriver h140 -> sysconcept optical -> d10 -> hornet -> ue TF10 has to be the one of the most musically satisfying rig i have owned so far (even rivals my full blown home setup); most of this attributed to the sound signature of the TF10s. Can anybody please comment if the customs from UE retain this same sound signature?

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #3,572 of 9,690
I'm bummed i woke up this morning and plugged my ue10 in, and the mids and highs are good as usual but the low end is gone .
iv made no changes to my set up since last night unless i did it in my sleep. 
contacted logitech and sending them back . only had them since september 2010
anyone else have this problem?

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #3,574 of 9,690
lol

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #3,577 of 9,690

Quote:
It can take some work, but for many people the sound is worth it.

Yessir!

Wish they had gone with a more Westone-like design which appears to be better for staying in your ear.  But it seems to me TF10's design contributes to its soundstage.  When I first put them on, they seemed to have a very small soundstage, but then I took a second look at them, realized that I had them on backwards (back end towards me instead of pointing outward), and then when I put them on correctly, the soundstage was significantly larger.

Funky stuff.

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #3,578 of 9,690

Quote:
Was Jerry Harvey still at UE when the TF10s were developed?

The fit of the TF10s is inexplicable, they seem to be engineered for a tiny minority of humans.

yes, the tf10 was cited as one of his classic works

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #3,579 of 9,690
Are the TF-10s being discontinued/replaced? I was just noticing that Amazon no longer sells them directly, or even fulfill any other dealers' shipments, and this coupled with the fact that UE's been changing up there lineup recently made me wonder... Anyone confirming, denying, or conjecturing?

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #3,580 of 9,690
Quote:
Yessir!

Wish they had gone with a more Westone-like design which appears to be better for staying in your ear.  But it seems to me TF10's design contributes to its soundstage.  When I first put them on, they seemed to have a very small soundstage, but then I took a second look at them, realized that I had them on backwards (back end towards me instead of pointing outward), and then when I put them on correctly, the soundstage was significantly larger.

Funky stuff.

Think the soundstage has more to do with the angling of the nozzle, but not much to do with the housing, most top tier IEMs have a similar angling.   I think the housing is the problem behind the TF10s, they aren't optimized like the Westones, customs or the SM3 to fit in your conchal bowl.  

Funky stuff indeed.

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #3,581 of 9,690
Might as well do a LAME V0 instead of 320 much more efficient and almost impossible to distinguish. 

Quote:
+1

Anything less than 320 pretty much sounds like crap compared to 320 and lossless. The latter two are harder to tell apart and are worth upgrading your entire music collection to.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #3,583 of 9,690

Quote:
i wish they had little bit more mids and i would  loved them more.

Ditto.

But, oh well, can't have everything...

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #3,585 of 9,690

Quote:
Hard drive space is cheap so I went lossless and I find it really makes a difference. Today I was listening to the same piece of music (Ganges delta blues) which is lossless on my classic and 128 on my friends 4th gen touch. I have my set up amplified which makes a difference but we also listened from the HP out of the classic and touch and my friend could immediately tell the difference. I did not prompt him but his comments echo mine. More life to the music, more emotion and feeling.. And after all why do we listen to music in the first place!

I had an 8gig touch before the classic and even though I could only get a few albums on there I still did not regret going lossless and my triple fi's really are so good I would not want them to be fed with anything other than lossless.

Also, if you burn your CD's at lossless you can still go down to 320 if space is important but you cannot as has been said do it the other way around!

Totally agree with going lossless after a member here suggested it to me. I am in the process of re-importing all my favs albums into my classic (80GB) and touch (64GB) and with  TF10 unamp, I am happy with my portable.
Now, I am thinking twice about getting the Solo to carrry around.  That money will get me lots of CDs and maybe a transporter for home use to store all those cds.
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back