Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 7, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #3,586 of 9,690

Quote:

The fit of the TF10s is inexplicable, they seem to be engineered for a tiny minority of humans.

Thank God I am in that tiny minority
etysmile.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #3,587 of 9,690

Quote:
Thank God I am in that tiny minority
etysmile.gif

I guess I am then as well. However, I had to reverse the drivers (left cable, right driver, vice versa) and use the Comply foamies (but you have to push the foam back away from the nozzle when you compress it. Otherwise, the sound gets really muddy). Once you figure out how to use them, they're awesome IEMs.

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #3,588 of 9,690

Quote:
I guess I am then as well. However, I had to reverse the drivers (left cable, right driver, vice versa) and use the Comply foamies (but you have to push the foam back away from the nozzle when you compress it. Otherwise, the sound gets really muddy). Once you figure out how to use them, they're awesome IEMs.

+1

Amazed that UE made them to point out when the fit is so improved by doing the flip mod. I love my SE535s, but actually prefer these on most of the tracks I listen to. The ultimate trance IEM (IMO).

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #3,589 of 9,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

+1
Amazed that UE made them to point out when the fit is so improved by doing the flip mod. I love my SE535s, but actually prefer these on most of the tracks I listen to. The ultimate trance IEM (IMO).

x2

Something about TF10's signature goes really well with trance.

Edit: (diction)

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #3,590 of 9,690
TF10 + RDIO + trance + Apogee Duet = crazy delicious!

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #3,591 of 9,690
^To follow your post:

160G iPod classic/Cypher labs algorythm solo/Stepdance/XP8000 external battery power supply delivering 12V/10's= Pure Bliss!!

Folks, these headphones are like my Etymotic 4S's, the higher the quality that feeds them the better they respond!

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #3,592 of 9,690

Quote:
^To follow your post:

160G iPod classic/Cypher labs algorythm solo/Stepdance/XP8000 external battery power supply delivering 12V/10's= Pure Bliss!!

Folks, these headphones are like my Etymotic 4S's, the higher the quality that feeds them the better they respond!

Wow, the algo is next on my wish list. I assume it will work well with the latest touch. I need something to drive my RDIO addiction. 

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #3,593 of 9,690
Wow, the algo is next on my wish list. I assume it will work well with the latest touch. I need something to drive my RDIO addiction. 

Trust me, if you saw the grin on my face you would see how wonderful the solo is!
It does indeed work perfectly with the latest itouch, apparently not so with the first gen one though.

When I get home I will post a picture of it all with the 10's, I have tidied up the cables a bit since my last pictures though next on the shopping list is Ken's shorter cable kit...the madness never ends really does it!

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #3,594 of 9,690
I just ordered the Jaben ES cable for my TF10s, are they any good?

And logitech support is completely useless, sent them an email on how my TF10's left monitor cut out after 4 months and requested an replacement cable, heres the response that I got:

Now I commend them for responding back within an hour this time around, but now they are asking me to send everything in, including the box, so they can take their time and play detective.

/rant

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #3,595 of 9,690

Quote:
Quote:

Trust me, if you saw the grin on my face you would see how wonderful the solo is!
It does indeed work perfectly with the latest itouch, apparently not so with the first gen one though.

When I get home I will post a picture of it all with the 10's, I have tidied up the cables a bit since my last pictures though next on the shopping list is Ken's shorter cable kit...the madness never ends really does it!

Haha, I am sold. I'm going to a private screening of "Limitless" tonight, but I'll be checking my phone for pics!

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #3,596 of 9,690
That looks a good movie!
Here are a couple of quick shots, it still looks like Medusa's head but it is a bit tidier now!

The sharp eyed might notice a white mark on the cable end, tippex so I can see which is the right channel..Older you get the worse the eyesight becomes!!

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #3,597 of 9,690
My TripleFi's just came this morning.  Getting these monsters to fit in my ear was a little "different" at first, as this is the first time I've listened to any headphones "over the ear".  Once I got them snugged in there (medium stock tips) and holy COW these things are amazing.  I recently bought the 700's and wasn't happy with them, and man am I happy I shelled out the extra money for the TripleFi's.  I have the eq on iTunes set to Flat (which I never do) and I am VERY happy with the sound.  I just wanted to say thanks for everyone on this forum for giving their detailed opinion and thoughts on these headphones!

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #3,598 of 9,690
On a whim I just did the reverse modification, not due to any discomfort or lack of sound quality as I have been happy with both. Having said that I did find my left channel worked lose a little. Now they are. Seated better and no working lose, can't say that I notice any sound difference.

So now thy have become even more comfortable for me, these just get better and better!

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #3,600 of 9,690
the only thing that's giving me trouble's the fit. silicon tips don't stay and comply foam tips tear easily.. gonna try out other tips soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back