Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 18, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #2,041 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's odd, but I reinserted the cables a few times last night (UE stock, angled jack, clear) and they sound a whole lot better...either my ears are playing up or it's the longest case of burn-in ever!
Ah, but I did also change the tips to some old Shure silicon (had been persevering with UE silicon). I wonder....

I'll check with you once I'm back (taking the Trips to Barcelona for a few days) - shouldn't be too hard parting with the SM for awhile (sniff)....lol.

Yeah just shoot me a PM and we'll figure something out? lol *sniff*

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #2,042 of 9,690
I can't see this mod being done here so this is one a person on my other forum,
Dr. Zoidberg suggested: Comply for triple's: Invert them i.e. the rubber tube is now sticking out into your ear rather than being inserted first into the triple.fi. The clear's are still there but damn the bass is much better. The rubber tube retains the crystal clear highs but the complay derived bass is still there. The normal comply insertion way you lose a lot of highs, but this you lose very very minimal highs as the mids and lows now are more prominent.

If this mod has already been suggested ignore this.

Apr 25, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #2,043 of 9,690
intersting mod there, i do felt the comply did reduced the highs abit, i'll try that later.

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #2,044 of 9,690
I still can't decide wether I want to go with the Triple Fi's, or go for a full sized setup. Is an amp worth it with these headphones? Will it really make a big difference? What's the sound stage like? Is it pretty big?

-Chris-

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #2,045 of 9,690
if it is strictly for home, just go with the fullsize setup. I never liked the triple fi 10 on my onboard sound card, nor with my 3Move amp. Different amps might do well with the tf10, and also personal preferences :p

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #2,046 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVALover5498 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still can't decide wether I want to go with the Triple Fi's, or go for a full sized setup. Is an amp worth it with these headphones? Will it really make a big difference? What's the sound stage like? Is it pretty big?

-Chris-

Advantage is obviously that if you need to go portable, you can. But if not, or you don't need IEM levels of isolation, then go full si...no,no, that's not right, I'm forgetting where I am...in the true spirit of Head Fi, get both!

SS is superb for an IEM, and I like to go amped but I'm funny that way...Teamed up with a Hornet, say, the TF10 is a marvellous device (IMHO). Mind, it's pretty damn hot on its own if the source is good. TF10>Hornet>FLAC = bliss.

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #2,048 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
intersting mod there, i do felt the comply did reduced the highs abit, i'll try that later.

comply tips gave me a great seal and a very comfortable fit, but it killed the highs for me so I went back to the silicons.

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #2,049 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps this question has been asked before, but I couldn´t find it with the search option...so here goes:

Is there a full-sized headphone that sounds close to the Triple fi´s?
smile_phones.gif

I've only heard relatively few FS headphones, & I tend to use IEMs a lot of the time, but IME for musical fun at a great price, the Audio Technica ATH ES7 is pretty darn good for the money. Nice clear top, good but not excessive bass -lots of energy and pleasurable to listen with. I've always imagined (& lusted after) K701s in the hope that they would give me a similar spacious airy presentation & great soundstage w/out excessive bass. But from what I read, they may be nearer to ER4-S in terms of a sig than Triple Fi.
One day I'll get some and see!

May 1, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #2,051 of 9,690
Hey, new member here. I've been lurking and browsing this forum for a while. so much good info.

I've been using the triple.fi 10 vi models for around 8 months now and absolutely love them. so much detail.

however, I succumbed to hype and ordered a pair of Westone 3s that will be arriving in a week or two. I couldn't resist after all the impressions.

It'll be a battle royale at my place to see which one stays and which one goes.

May 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #2,052 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it true that Ultimate Ears updated the sound signature of the first TripleFi which was flat, to make it more "V" like?

No, it's been the same sound signature through its entire product lifecycle.

May 1, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #2,054 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it's been the same sound signature through its entire product lifecycle.

Thanks, I don't know where I got that idea... maybe in a dream or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCfiner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I succumbed to hype and ordered a pair of Westone 3s that will be arriving in a week or two. I couldn't resist after all the impressions.

I would love to know how the Westone 3 compare to TripleFi details and soundstage wise. Please tell me when you get it.

May 1, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #2,055 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IIRC, UE does tweaked the sound after the first batch. I read somewhere from iLounge if not mistaken.

Can you provide a link to that article? Is iLounge a reliable source of information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back