Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 2, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #1,741 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main difference I noticed between the first two is that the black boxed TF10 came with one pair of the old foam tips, which had a rougher foam feeling and broke off the sleeve quite easily. The TF10 in the white/blue box came with two pairs of Comply foam tips, which IMO are much more comfortable and durable. There may or may not have been a difference with the included documentation.

they arrived today..silver-blue box. small, 2x medium, large silicones + double flanges. and one pair of old foams
confused.gif
compared to my super.fi 5 pro: the armatures are slightly bigger, just enough to feel them, I guess my ears need to get used to them. eartips & in-ear bits are exactly the same as sf5pro. soundwise - first impressions compared to sf5pro: all of a sudden it's treble everywhere, clear, crisp. second thing: thundering bass. it's huge, meaty, ever present. so many people wrote they're not as bassy as sf5pro. good God. 'bass drum' now gets a completely differerent meaning, blasting the insides of my skull.
let's see how they'll do burned in...quite looking forward to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #1,743 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone wanna prove TF10 still kicks Westone 3 so I don't have to feel compelled to spend another $600 on earphones?

they're in the same league so it's just a matter of taste. same with se530 or x10 or custom3. i only played with it for about 10, 15 minutes and i felt like a shure 530 with less bass, less roll off highs. i thought it's darker than um2 but not as dark as se530

by the way, maybe i got used to ue so it's kind of hard putting the westone 3 in. it's just small

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #1,744 of 9,690
My Triple.fi 10s when they arrived, arrived in the silver/blue box. That is the box they use for the 2008 packaging. From what I understand, the black boxes will all contain the old, uncomfortable foams, whereas some of the Triple.fi 10s in the silver/blue box will have the Comply tips. I read somewhere a week or so ago that UE was making the transition to include Comply tips with their Triple.fis now. So this change will only affect really fresh stocks of silver/blue box Triple.fis. Getting one of the newer boxed Triple.fis is a great deal if you like using Comply tips. I had to pay an extra $18 to get 3 pairs of Comply tips for my Triple.fis, but the tips were definitely worth it in my opinion.

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #1,745 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Triple.fi 10s when they arrived, arrived in the silver/blue box. That is the box they use for the 2008 packaging. From what I understand, the black boxes will all contain the old, uncomfortable foams, whereas some of the Triple.fi 10s in the silver/blue box will have the Comply tips. I read somewhere a week or so ago that UE was making the transition to include Comply tips with their Triple.fis now. So this change will only affect really fresh stocks of silver/blue box Triple.fis. Getting one of the newer boxed Triple.fis is a great deal if you like using Comply tips. I had to pay an extra $18 to get 3 pairs of Comply tips for my Triple.fis, but the tips were definitely worth it in my opinion.

It's a shame the Comply tips degrade so quickly.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #1,746 of 9,690
Quote:

whereas some of the Triple.fi 10s in the silver/blue box will have the Comply tips.

Woops, my mistake in assuming the silver/blue box all came with Comply tips. My silver/blue box with Comply tips came directly from Ultimate Ears after sending in my black box for warranty.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #1,747 of 9,690
I only managed to listen to my triple.fi's for a couple of hours since they arrived yesterday and there is one strange thing happening. As long as I'm indoors they're playing nicely - as soon as I get on the street and there is some noise around, they seem to be very quiet and I have to increase the volume dramatically. When I get back in they sound very loud. I'm sure I have a good seal as they don't sound tinny outside, just they seem to be very quiet. It never happened to my sf5pro, with the same silicone tips..

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #1,748 of 9,690
To everyone who owns the UE10 and wanted to get the Westone 3s:

I haven't listened for too long, and I need to get to class. Initial impressions after listening to the Westone 3s though... the UE10s treble is noticeably better compared to the W3s. I played the song "Keys to Imagination" by Yanni FLAC from my Sansa Clip. The song contains a lot of high hats and harp sounds. The W3 was able to reproduce the treble well, but once the treble hit the high hats and harps, UE10's reproduction was a lot more clear. I'm not saying the W3 overall treble experience sounded like my Super.fi 3s, but for specific instruments in the piece such as high hats, the W3 were reminiscent of my Super.fi 3s. The difference in treble for certain instruments can be profound, for other instruments such as violin, the difference is hardly noticeable substantial.

One thing I really like about the W3s so far though, is that you forget that you're wearing them!

So far: I'm keeping my UE10s, selling the W3s.

To be continued.

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #1,750 of 9,690
Unfortunately now I've experienced myself what some people were saying before. The triples sound fantastic, but my ears hurt and the fit is not the right one
frown.gif

So if someone is interested, they'll be in FS thread soon...brand new, mileage of 5hrs, and as I got them cheap someone's in for a real bargain.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #1,752 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you just get a refund?

play.com don't refund open boxes..even though they have to. I've logged a case with the Office for fair trading, but it can take months to resolve it. So it might be better, even with a small loss, to sell it to someone. I got them for a really good price - and they sold them out and took them off the web in the meantime (it is possible they undercut the price too much in the first place).

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #1,753 of 9,690
Quote:

To everyone who owns the UE10 and wanted to get the Westone 3s:

So far: I'm keeping my UE10s, selling the W3s.

I might sound like a noob here, but is the UE10 similar to TF10 since you're posting in this tread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back