Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 6, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #1,756 of 9,690
its funny my current pair of comply tis are so dirty it won't fall apart. xD
Been a 2 months now; lol I should probably change them before I push my luck too far.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #1,757 of 9,690
Well, three days after joining this place and searching for a replacement for my E2Cs, I bought a pair of TF10s yesterday. They sound pretty nice coming out of my iPhone.

Can anyone suggest replacement, foam-style tips that will work for people with small ear canals? Right now I'm using the small silicones that came with the TF10s and they still hurt a touch. I've tried the flip mod and that just doesn't work for me - I'm unable to get any sort of seal.

You'd think that a 6'2" person wouldn't have "small" ear canals!

PS - I did try searching and reading the first 500 posts of this thread... but I didn't have the stamina to read the whole thing!

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #1,758 of 9,690
Complys?

However the TF10s still may not fit you as they are known to have a large bore. You could try something else like the ety er4p/s, Westone 3, or shure se530 (to name a few, but not all) if they still don't fit you.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #1,759 of 9,690
Yeah, not an easy option as I love the sound and the store I bought them from doesn't accept returns... Are the comply's smallish, or do they compress to a very small size w/o putting pressure on the canal?

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #1,761 of 9,690
So 88 pages of TF10 hype is overshadowed by W3 Hype?
icon10.gif

How many W3 pages will appear? Till next one appears
icon10.gif

This is Head-fi world!

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #1,762 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By UE10 I mean the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro.

both are completely different IEMs
wink.gif

UE10(Pro)'s are custom IEMs, Triple.fi 10 Pro's are universal-fit IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #1,765 of 9,690
How do ppl find the UE's foams as tips? I don't think they are that bad, SQ wise- they are more like the double-flange sound than the single flange silicones manage- but they fall apart so easily it's frustrating!

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #1,767 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do ppl find the UE's foams as tips? I don't think they are that bad, SQ wise- they are more like the double-flange sound than the single flange silicones manage- but they fall apart so easily it's frustrating!

In a word, Painful. I had them in for under a minute. Putting them in was the worst part.

Im sticking to the bi-flange tips. Still enjoying these greatly
biggrin.gif
Feel no need to upgrade or try anything new. I am totally content.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #1,768 of 9,690
Hi all
I just going to tell you guys that for European members here, MyMemory just got TF10 in stock again and now selling them for £179,99.- (around 265 $)
The pound is just going down in value and has never been as low as before so this deal has just got great compare to what you find around. (Except those lucky UK’s who could pick TF10 up a time on play.com for £149.)
Link:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Portable-Headphones/Ultimate-Ears/Ultimate-Ears-Triple.fi-10-Pro-Noise-Isolating-Earphones

They just don’t accept non-faulty headphone returns so you can’t go try these and just return them again if you don’t like them. But at least shipment is free and worldwide and 2 years warranty.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh my, I just pressed the order button, CAN’T WAIT
I’m also very curious to find out if they are really that uncomfortable.
I still have a problem ear I think. :/ SA6 did have huge fit trouble on all tips and ER-4P was only good when using Comply’s.
If they don’t fit at all I may sell them and wait get the Westone 3. Just these are not easy to get in my region yet so I have decided to try out the TF10 for this round.
Hope you find these info useful guys.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #1,769 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In a word, Painful. I had them in for under a minute. Putting them in was the worst part.

Im sticking to the bi-flange tips. Still enjoying these greatly
biggrin.gif
Feel no need to upgrade or try anything new. I am totally content.

Haha! Fair do's; they are an odd, awkward shape and don't compress too impressively. As I said, I don't think too badly of them in terms of SQ, but their build quality is shockingly bad! The foam so easily comes away from the tube you'd think UE's had tried to use prit-stick! Anyway, I begrudingly accepted the cost of a double-flange replacements (approx 16.50 GBP for 5 pairs, which is decent cost per pair but who's ever gona need 5 pairs of silicones?) and have just recieved em so will be back to audio bliss next time I stick the TF10 in my ears!
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #1,770 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all
I just going to tell you guys that for European members here, MyMemory just got TF10 in stock again and now selling them for £179,99.- (around 265 $)
The pound is just going down in value and has never been as low as before so this deal has just got great compare to what you find around. (Except those lucky UK’s who could pick TF10 up a time on play.com for £149.)
Link:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Portable-Headphones/Ultimate-Ears/Ultimate-Ears-Triple.fi-10-Pro-Noise-Isolating-Earphones

They just don’t accept non-faulty headphone returns so you can’t go try these and just return them again if you don’t like them. But at least shipment is free and worldwide and 2 years warranty.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh my, I just pressed the order button, CAN’T WAIT
I’m also very curious to find out if they are really that uncomfortable.
I still have a problem ear I think. :/ SA6 did have huge fit trouble on all tips and ER-4P was only good when using Comply’s.
If they don’t fit at all I may sell them and wait get the Westone 3. Just these are not easy to get in my region yet so I have decided to try out the TF10 for this round.
Hope you find these info useful guys.

Congrats on your purchase; I'm shure (ahem) you'll like! Thanks also for making me aware of a UK based site that sells headphones, DAPs and the like that I wasn't already aware of!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back