Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 12, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #1,771 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your purchase; I'm shure (ahem) you'll like! Thanks also for making me aware of a UK based site that sells headphones, DAPs and the like that I wasn't already aware of!
smily_headphones1.gif

No problem
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #1,773 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What cables are you guys using with your TF10s?

I'm using the newer .fi black cables that are more bendable and thicker. I'm considering upgrading, but I'm not sure what to upgrade to or what my options are.

There may be more I'm yet unaware of, but you can try the Westone ES2 cable, though I believe this is a bit of a forced fit. The other alternative I am aware of is this one:

Headphone/IEM Cable

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #1,774 of 9,690
Quote:

There may be more I'm yet unaware of, but you can try the Westone ES2 cable, though I believe this is a bit of a forced fit. The other alternative I am aware of is this one:

Headphone/IEM Cable

Thanks for the linky
smily_headphones1.gif

BloodSugar00, I know that several posters have commented on the sound improvement from these alternative cables when compared to the stock TF10 cables. But recently, TF10 has been manufacturing stock cables that are thicker and more flexible--- do the comparisons still stand? or am I already considered to have the upgraded cable?

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #1,775 of 9,690
Quote:

Thanks for the linky
smily_headphones1.gif

BloodSugar00, I know that several posters have commented on the sound improvement from these alternative cables when compared to the stock TF10 cables. But recently, TF10 has been manufacturing stock cables that are thicker and more flexible--- do the comparisons still stand? or am I already considered to have the upgraded cable?

TBH, I din't even know UE's had modified their standard issue cable lol! Personally, I havn't got around to sampling this phone with alternative cables yet, having other projects or quests and/or just being content with the sound I'm getting from them as is with the standard cable. I had picked up on these alternatives just from reading these forums and this particular thread on a regualr basis. Hopefully, someone more in the know and/or with experience of trying these various cable options can chime in and help you out here! In fact, I remember seeing a member in the FS/Trade forums having his TF10's and that silver cable up for sale a few weeks ago. Perhaps if you do a search for TF10's for sale/trade in the headphone part of the FS/T forums and find that member and PM them?

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #1,776 of 9,690
Quote:

TBH, I din't even know UE's had modified their standard issue cable lol! Personally, I havn't got around to sampling this phone with alternative cables yet, having other projects or quests and/or just being content with the sound I'm getting from them as is with the standard cable. I had picked up on these alternatives just from reading these forums and this particular thread on a regualr basis. Hopefully, someone more in the know and/or with experience of trying these various cable options can chime in and help you out here! In fact, I remember seeing a member in the FS/Trade forums having his TF10's and that silver cable up for sale a few weeks ago. Perhaps if you do a search for TF10's for sale/trade in the headphone part of the FS/T forums and find that member and PM them?

Yea, I did see a couple of members with Null silver cables for sale along with there TF10s. Good idea! I will see what they think.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #1,777 of 9,690
Quote:

Yea, I did see a couple of members with Null silver cables for sale along with there TF10s. Good idea! I will see what they think.

Cool. Good luck
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #1,778 of 9,690
Let us know how that turns out - I just got TF10s and plan to buy a new/spare cable. I have the older stock cable, which gets stiff below zero (not as bad as Shure cables tho)

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #1,779 of 9,690
i have a custom teflon silver blue cable that i am going to sell.

it did open up the treble/mids - but i prefer the bassier stock cable taht some may say veils the mids. i like that.

pm me if you want the cable.

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #1,785 of 9,690
Anyone has seen a place to buy the adapter at the earphone end for TF10? I am thinking of building a silver cable for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back