Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 17, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #1,801 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using for more than a month, i can only complaint on the length of the unit. The new iphone compatible cable is good, doesnt microphonic, kink or tangle up. The cable connectors are firm too. Fit and comfort wise, way better than um2 due to the design.

qusp, i know the frustration but no point making a general assumption that UE build suck. You just unlucky. My first pair iem, MylarOne, died twice before replaced with X3. So **** happen. UE problem is not as massive as Sleek though. I returned it in just 3 hours!

It's not a matter of "luck" if you can find plenty of "UE loss" cases - from just one Google search.

Go ahead and try.

It's generally assumed that if you pay more, you pay for not only added sound quality, but build quality. To sacrifice build quality for an award-winning sound is not really prudent, or business-smart. Especially when they know people are going to start dissuading others from buying their products.

MylarOnes are cheap for their quality, even more so than Creative Aurvanas that cost twice as much. So nobody really bothers if they spoilt somewhat easily - but Crossroads is still a reputable brand.

Dec 18, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #1,802 of 9,690
Ok, I just got myself a new pair of Triple Fi's via refund, because my other ones started to crackle on the left channel.

My previous pair was a set in the black box, and my new pair is a set in the blue/gray box.

There are some differences between the two.

The new version came with 2 pairs of Comply Foam tips.
The new version also has a totally different cable. It has an iPhone compatible jack, and the cable itself is very unintrusive and isn't as stiff as the old version. The memory wire cable is a lot more malleable, and is a lot more comfortable on the ear.
My only beef with this new cable is the headphone jack itself - it's not the classic right angle jack, which was pretty much indestructable. I had a pair of Super Fi 4's, which also had an iphone compatible jack, and the thing somehow got bent, and the right channel completely stopped working. Obviously I now have to make sure there's no pressure put on the jack at all, with these new Triples.
I'm not sure if I can really comment on whether the sound is different, but obviously, they still sound amazing.

Dec 18, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #1,803 of 9,690
question about the cables on the UE website for the triples.

i see the straight connector black cable in stock and then the SPORT clear straight cable.

is the SPORT clear straight cable the more flexible new cable material?

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #1,805 of 9,690
I got myself a new version of TF10. Nice cable and I both love and hate the looks.
Nice SQ and trebles Perhaps little bright sometimes.
But I can't stand the hiss out of my Sony A639 and supermini.
A639 seems to be hiss free acording to impressions here!!!
even out of my supermini it gives little hiss and white noise.
My OK1 doesn't give any hiss. Low impedance IEM syndrome???

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #1,806 of 9,690
I don't get any hiss out of my iPod unless i turn it all the way up to full. But those are ear drum bursting volumes.

Is it bad enough that its affecting music playback?

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #1,808 of 9,690
Quote:

Is it bad enough that its affecting music playback?

Yes it is bad during the passages where there is momentary silence I can here the hiss. Its like listening to a incorrectly tuned radio station sometimes.

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:00 AM Post #1,809 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got myself a new version of TF10. Nice cable and I both love and hate the looks.
Nice SQ and trebles Perhaps little bright sometimes.
But I can't stand the hiss out of my Sony A639 and supermini.
A639 seems to be hiss free acording to impressions here!!!
even out of my supermini it gives little hiss and white noise.
My OK1 doesn't give any hiss. Low impedance IEM syndrome???

A639? I assume u referring to S639.

IMHO, something wrong with your player. Mine doesnt hiss at all with triple.fi. Normally using volume 10 to 15 out of 30. The hiss increases with volume, noticeable around 18 but only when music not playing.

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #1,813 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVALover5498 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The States.

-Chris-

Can't really help you then mate
tongue.gif
. Sure someone will be able to help who's alos from the States, but I know of earphonesolutions.com and soundearphones.com that are reputable sites. Not sure what their pricing on that product is though!

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #1,814 of 9,690
Quote:

IMHO, something wrong with your player. Mine doesnt hiss at all with triple.fi. Normally using volume 10 to 15 out of 30. The hiss increases with volume, noticeable around 18 but only when music not playing.

You are correct! I checked things more carefully. S639F doesn't have any hiss when it is connected directly to player. But for some reason Supermini brings white noise to setup. Supermini even brings white noise to Sansa Fuze when coupled with triple.fi 10.
I have asked Dr. Xin regarding the problem.
I have changed my favourite OPAMP combo to AD8616 both channels. There is less hiss now. But still there is hiss.
Supermini doesn't give any hiss to OK1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back