Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 19, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #1,816 of 9,690
Dr. Xin solved the problem. He advised me to keep amp going on the high gain mode. It got rid of the hiss to great extent. Still there is hiss but it can only be heard if there is no music and when the background is silent.

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #1,817 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by K.I. Unlimited /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh heh heh, you should see the ACS T1 then.

They cost more than 2x the price of the Westone 3, but they have things a can have - soundstaging (reviews on it have marvelled at the fact that IEMs could even have soundstaging - and this one does), comfort (these are 100% customs like Livewire, but made with silicone), and I don't know, it's a jump in SQ for sure.

I apologise for derailment, but there's the link : Advanced Communication Solutions - ACS T1 Custom Triple Driver Monitors - SRP £649 and a review to boot : ACS T1

sorry OT

yeah I already know about the T1. I like the sound of silicone driver housings. like the sensephonics range. I just couldnt be bothered listing all the customs I cant afford
frown.gif
but for the moment i'm happy with a custom W3 and a custom SE530 through the UM56.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #1,818 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry OT

yeah I already know about the T1. I like the sound of silicone driver housings. like the sensephonics range. I just couldnt be bothered listing all the customs I cant afford
frown.gif
but for the moment i'm happy with a custom W3 and a custom SE530 through the UM56.
darthsmile.gif

I can't return to w3 and e500 with um56 anymore after upgrade to T1
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #1,819 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry OT

frown.gif
darthsmile.gif

As for me I'll only go for IEMs when I feel like having clinical clarity or when I need to block noise out for maximum SQ - I'm quite broke now lulz.
My ER-6i's does the job fine, but UE, Westone, ACS etc. all have their own strengths, so I won't be a full-blown fanboy of any =x

For all the complains, the TF10 will hold its own in the mid/high-end range - correct me if I'm wrong about where it's placed.

(mid/high-end range not referring to music ranges, I meant the pricing and stuff)

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #1,820 of 9,690
I imagine this has already been discussed to some extent, in this thread or elsewhere, but how do ppl find comply tips affect the sound from the TF10? It seems to be a common consensus, that foam tips in general, offer greater comfort and isolation than their silicone counterparts, but sound-wise, theres a trade-off- foams will maybe add bass quantity but at the sacrifice of some clarity in the upper mids-highs. I find this with complys to be honest, that you lose significant sparkle in the highs, that they're more veiled and smothered, and it makes the tf10 more like the SE530's in sonic character. I need to do more extensive testing and A B ing probably, but this is a noticeable change to the sonic presentation I've percieved goin from double-flange silicones to comply T-500 foams. Whats anyone else's experience with going from silicones to comply foam with their TF10's?

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #1,821 of 9,690
The Sennheiser IE7/IE8 foam tips are really good with the TF10. They're especially good for anyone who feels like the T-400's inflate to cantaloupes in their ears! They isolate more than any of the silicon tips I tried, and they seemed to grip my ears much much better.

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #1,822 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sennheiser IE7/IE8 foam tips are really good with the TF10. They're especially good for anyone who feels like the T-400's inflate to cantaloupes in their ears! They isolate more than any of the silicon tips I tried, and they seemed to grip my ears much much better.

Can they be attained as a separate acessory yet though?

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #1,823 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats anyone else's experience with going from silicones to comply foam with their TF10's?

Slightly different than Complys (which I've not tried), but I initially noticed treble attenuation when I went from small, single-flange silicones to using modded small Olives, as there was sufficient Olive foam beyond the sleeve to compress over the sound tube opening and thereby attenuate trebles. When I further modded the olives to ensure there was NO foam beyond the sound tube opening, the treble returned, and I cannot tell a difference in the treble between the olive and the silicone.

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #1,824 of 9,690
Quote:

Isolation-wise, single->double->foam->triple->custom

IMO triple-flange sleeves do the best isolation (besides custom-made), but unfortunately only Shure and Etymotic makes them, and only Etymotic makes sized triple-flange sleeves - from stock to "Baby Blues" tips made for the smallest of earholes.

They also provide significant bass with proper insertion. The only trouble with universal IEM (i.e. not custom) is that for the best sound you need to fiddle with the sleeves and/or complys a bit - except W3 which have been said to perform best with just normal insertion.

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #1,825 of 9,690
soundearphones have replacement tips listed for the IE series (6 pairs of s/m/l), but they don't specify whether the foam tips are part of the kit or not. And I think my IE8's came with 5 pairs, which would mean 2 pairs got left out. I hope it's not the foam tips, I really like them. And although I don't have any earphones that fit them at the moment, that doesn't mean I won't in the future
icon10.gif

Sound Earphones :: Your Earphone Source

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #1,826 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After being out of the Headphone game for a little while ..
(used to be a head-fi addict) ... I've decided to go for one last big buy...
beerchug.gif
, that buy,.. will be the m-audio ie-40 (rebranded triple.fi 10).
..They are on their way now and can't wait for tommorow.
bigsmile_face.gif

interested in trading for the triple.fi's?

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #1,828 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man even against westone 3's I think I still prefer my jena cabled tf10's will need to get my custom tips before my final verdict

what's a jena cable?

the only thing i dont like about my tf10's is the cable. taht and UE's marketing tactics but that's another thread.

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #1,829 of 9,690
Quote:

soundearphones have replacement tips listed for the IE series (6 pairs of s/m/l), but they don't specify whether the foam tips are part of the kit or not. And I think my IE8's came with 5 pairs, which would mean 2 pairs got left out. I hope it's not the foam tips, I really like them. And although I don't have any earphones that fit them at the moment, that doesn't mean I won't in the future
icon10.gif

Sound Earphones :: Your Earphone Source

Thanks for the link but it's, unfortunately, not really that helpful as a) the contents of the package are not explicitly detailed (it appears to be a tip of one variety in 3 sizes making up the 6 individual tips and the type of tip isn't denoted) and b) it's a company based in America so it's never gona be cost feasible to order the item anyway, because of shipping, customs charges etc (on an item of that value, maybe not applicable). It is good news that Sennheiser have got at least one of their tips available to buy separately already though!
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #1,830 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's a jena cable?

the only thing i dont like about my tf10's is the cable. taht and UE's marketing tactics but that's another thread.

I used jena labs cable to re-cable them not a great idea if you looking for ultra portability and it is expensive but I found it made them a lot better so I kept it and it really makes my tf10's shine. Microphonics are not a issue either since it can easily be worn over the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back